Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I think other then Murray Haskins is the only other QB you trade up for. But that said I think when the process started my buddy who I talk football with daily year round is a chargers fan. I’ve said since the beginning I can see Haskins there because of just how special of a class talent wise there is all over the board!! There are amazing TE’s. Defense is plug and play the top two rounds literally at almost every position there’s just value that will be had because offensive players will be picked because they will and their value is there too. Which means talent is going to fall!!! I’m okay with Haskins at 15 but I want the best football player period because I can name 5 guys that realistically can be there at 15 that are all pro talents in just about any scheme defensively

You have to take the quarterback in my opinion especially a talent like Haskins. At 15 that would especially be awesome. A pick that could turn the franchise around 

2 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

As dumb as it sounds Haskins being a local kid and being friends with Snyder's son will have some serious leverage in the draft room 

Is this true? They’re definitely trading up for this guy. Ugh. Not a fan of it

7 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Is this true? They’re definitely trading up for this guy. Ugh. Not a fan of it

Its true. Don't know what will happen in draft but if he gets past Giants at 6 I would say it's a real possibility 

I like Haskins. I’m not against trading up but there can’t be any discord!!! It has to be completely agreed from owner coach scouting dept like there isn’t no more owner driven move or Bruce driven mood. This is a team everyone has to be in!!! Personally I think he’s there at 15 but that’s just my opinion

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

If it's Jones or Rosen, wouldn't you take Rosen?

Every day!! I like Rosen a lot. I just don’t like Jones and he could Carson Wentz me but I don’t see it as Wentz simply never threw the ball at NDST!!!! I’ve seen Jones a lot he just like I said I’ll eat it I can’t get behind him leading my team I don’t believe in him

AJ Brown visiting Redskins. Probably not going to get him but that would be dream trade down scenario into the early 20's. Best all around reciever coming out in draft in my opinion. Can play outside or in the slot 

15 minutes ago, TKellion said:

If we trade up and draft Murry,I will be done for awhile

I don’t think that’s happening. I love Murray but that just shows we’re not learning!! We don’t have the assets in place to make these types of moves!!! Like a few spots isn’t a deal breaker!! A leap into the top 3 or 4 is a huge mistake!! And I love the player and I don’t make that move for the price it will cost

Call me crazy but the idea of giving this team. Ryan Finley Daniel Jones is scary to me. I do like Clayton Thornton. I love Grier but this team I just don’t want a system QB who you can have great seasons with who can’t elevate in the playoffs!!! Like this team needs a QB who make the WR’s better!!!! It’s harder to pay a top 10 QB top money and have a good WR Corp then have a top QB who elevates a decent WR Corp to be good and sustain. We don’t have a good Corp. I think the right QB can allow them to produce to their talent level make them good. But you have to have a QB who isn’t afraid to spin it and take chances. I’ve said that since Kirks first year starting then they brought Smith who def isn’t going to throw a hope ball to Doc!!! Like each pass catcher has a strength. We need a QB who will put each player in a position to succeed and Finley to me isn’t that guy. So I’m scared of this team going Brown and then a Finely or Thornton and hoping we have enough weapons to just maximize the QB. I like Brown a lot. Him and Grier or Rosen would be nice. But Grier and Rosen take chances. We need a QB that will for this offense

Archived