Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

No WR in first. We've been burned to many times. 2nd Rd and later? Absolutely. And we probably need to draft at least 2.

We need a franchise QB, we need WR's, we need LB's from both inside and out.

We need a FS, we need a LG and depth all across the line for competition.

Another talented corner is always good.

But most of all, the one thing we definitely need is SPEED. Lots of team speed.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed, at least as a young player. If we drafted him, we’d have to start Anderson and play Anderson on run downs with Burns playing passing downs.

That's why you don't take him at 15. A first round pick, especially in the top of the first half shouldn't be a part time player. 2 positions that bust often are qb and pass rusher. Teams reach for them because of the position they play. I'd rather take the best wr, te, top 3 oline than the 5th rated pass rusher. All picks can bust but I'd feel much better not taking a guy rated 5th at his position at pick 15

I hope we are fortunate to get a top edge guy in the first and a wide receiver in the second 

Round 1 Sweat

Round 7 I like that special teams kid WR from Virginia Hogg

giphy.gif

We also have to up our game on these posts. Some are snorers. I’ll do my best. morning drinking always helps

07-Hilarious-Drinking-Quotes-Guaranteed-

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

No WR in first. We've been burned to many times. 2nd Rd and later? Absolutely. And we probably need to draft at least 2.

We need a franchise QB, we need WR's, we need LB's from both inside and out.

We need a FS, we need a LG and depth all across the line for competition.

Another talented corner is always good.

But most of all, the one thing we definitely need is SPEED. Lots of team speed.

I’m not opposed to drafting a WR in round 1, but they had better be the best player on the board. 

Much like 2016, WR in round 1 is not even really my focus. If people remember I was against taking a WR in round 1 bc we needed DL help and LB help and there were players there to be taken to help us in those areas.

In 2016 WR seemed like a luxury pick to me. The really could’ve kept Djax or Garçon in 2017 and waited a round or 2 to draft a WR to develop in the 2016 draft.

I hope Doctson still shows something this year but I’m definitely not believe he will. I have little faith in him.

2 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

That's why you don't take him at 15. A first round pick, especially in the top of the first half shouldn't be a part time player. 2 positions that bust often are qb and pass rusher. Teams reach for them because of the position they play. I'd rather take the best wr, te, top 3 oline than the 5th rated pass rusher. All picks can bust but I'd feel much better not taking a guy rated 5th at his position at pick 15

He’d still have a major impact as a pass rusher. We are in Nickle 2/3 plus every game depending on who we are playing. That means that he’d be on the field around 70% of the time and Anderson 30%.

Burns has put on about 15 pounds since the end of the college season. I’d like to see him put on about 10 more, but that probably won’t happen before the season.

3 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

Correct. I'm not taking the 5th ranked person at a position when others who are the top ranked at theirs are sitting there. If you do, you'll be constantly chasing the rest of the teams and constantly getting the 5th,6th,7th,etc... ranked players at the positions. You will be settling for 2nd tier draft picks at every position and in every round.

In all honesty, I really hope that #15 pick goes to QB, or a blue Chip top 5 player that falls to us much like Allen & Payne did. (Q. Williams, Bosa) or simply trade down from #15.

I would love to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. There's a lot of talent in that range that could help build this roster with skilled players. I'm talking WR's, CB's, Safeties. There's also good O-lineman in that range there as well.

This is my hope, anyways. But we need our QB.

3 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

Sweat won't be there at 15. 

I can't do o the giph thing, everytime I try it won't let me 

Make sure the link ends in either .jpg, .gif, or .jpg ... if you are going to giphy, click on the Share link and then use the "direct link" text contents.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Make sure the link ends in either .jpg, .gif, or .jpg ... if you are going to giphy, click on the Share link and then use the "direct link" text contents.

As an example, if I paste the following

https://media.giphy.com/media/O9UJWH2Pcm0SY/giphy.gif

it should render into this

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Correct. I'm not taking the 5th ranked person at a position when others who are the top ranked at theirs are sitting there. If you do, you'll be constantly chasing the rest of the teams and constantly getting the 5th,6th,7th,etc... ranked players at the positions. You will be settling for 2nd tier draft picks at every position and in every round.

Well ...

If the 5th best person at position X has a first round grade and the 1st best person at position Y has a second round grade, I think you still take the 5th best person. Especially if that position is one of need or higher value.

Archived