Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

I'm of the belief that Lock will be a special player. 

He has all the intangibles you look for in QB in today's NFL.

Has the size at 6'4

Has the arm 

Is mobile enough to escape the pocket if necessary & pick up big 1st downs.

Has the leadership qualities

Played in a brutally tough Conference

Shows poise in tough situations

The only thing I don't know enough about, is his "it" factor. Can he come through in impossible situations?

Does he choke like Cousins in big games, big situations, Primetime TV, etc?

Either way, he's worth the risk at 15. I would even consider trading up for him, if the cost was minimal.

Other than QB, I think we need WR's badly.

A LG, if flowers can't make the switch.

Other than that, our offense is set. Not worried about TE's at all right now.

Our Defense is almost lethal, I'm.

An ILB, FS and it will be awesome.

Pure awesomeness!

39 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What round do you think he'll go? 

Miles Sanders will probably be a 4th round pick.

In that same range or maybe even a round below Bryce Love could be had. He runs a 4.4 forty. Now, he who is small but has starting abilities especially if he put on 5 to 10 pounds.

Why are people advocating taking a RB high?

C'mon guys! Drugs are bad.

We have HOFer A. Peterson

D. Guice, a first Rd talent picked in 2nd Rd last season.

Chris Thompson, basically our offense before we signed Peterson & before Thompson went down. Which is becoming often.

We have 3 guys who could start for any team.

Maybe take a flyer on one with one of our 2 5's at the very highest in our draft slot. And if it's BPA. I would be cool with that. Maybe a Returner or something like that.

I'll throw my TV remote if any picked in top 3 rds. We have way more important needs.

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Why are people advocating taking a RB high?

C'mon guys! Drugs are bad.

We have HOFer A. Peterson

D. Guice, a first Rd talent picked in 2nd Rd last season.

Chris Thompson, basically our offense before we signed Peterson & before Thompson went down. Which is becoming often.

We have 3 guys who could start for any team.

Maybe take a flyer on one with one of our 2 5's at the very highest in our draft slot. And if it's BPA. I would be cool with that. Maybe a Returner or something like that.

I'll throw my TV remote if any picked in top 3 rds. We have way more important needs.

We don’t have 3 guys that could start for every team. Peterson could start for some teams, but not all. Guice hasn’t proven anything, Thompson isn’t a starter.

Just now, RSkinGM said:

YES ! One to repair the ACL and 3 due to infections .. Removing necrotic material etc.

Those aren’t considered a surgery like repairing a ligament, broken bones, organs etc. It’s a procedure to clean up the infection. 

46 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

And Mahomes is a giant Question, Watson is a product of the system Trubisky is just a one year starter. Peyton isn’t Ryan leaf. Like every year this is what they do except 2012. And to the next year is better!!!! I remeber the next year is Brian Brohm or the Jimmy Clausen will be the top pick or the Jake Locker is gonna year the NCAA up to a sure fire #1 overall selection. Truth is Tua could come out and not even be the starter by the national title game. Fromm could just essentially start getting compared to Rosen where every year there’s production but just never shines as bright as the freshman year and personally I had Herbert behind Haskins and Murray coming into this draft anyways.

the Watson Mahomes draft they picked and picked and picked all of them apart and year two had 3 of them in the playoffs and 2 teams were top 2 seeds. 2012 was the cant miss year and only Luck in RD 1 panned out and Wilson has been the best round 3 with Kirk being good. I don’t think this is a mediocre class at all. I don’t like Daniel Jones but I could be wrong. I think Lock is a Bronco already and I think there is a really really good shot Haskins falls either too us or a few picks from us where we decide hey we didn’t think this would happen let’s go get him. 

Both Mahomes and Watson were drafted into great situations where the rosters were stacked and they just needed a QB.  That isn't us.  

24 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Both Mahomes and Watson were drafted into great situations where the rosters were stacked and they just needed a QB.  That isn't us.  

While true to a certain extent. 

1. Watson’s OL has been trash since he was drafted and the Texans run game is very inconsistent. Pretty much like ours before last year when we got Peterson.

Now, Watson has the benefit of throwing to arguably the best WR in the NFL - Hopkins- and when healthy Fuller who can stretch the field.

Watson also has always had the benefit of playing with a good to great D to back him up.

2. Mahomes benefited from sitting for a year and learning from 3 great offensive minds:

• Andy Reid

• Matt Naggy

• Alex Smith

It’s entirely true that the Chiefs O is stacked, but their D leaves a lot to be desired and on paper it looks worse right now after trading away Dee Ford and not keeping Berry - of course he’s always hurt - and Houston. Good luck replacing that!

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm of the belief that Lock will be a special player. 

He has all the intangibles you look for in QB in today's NFL.

Has the size at 6'4

Has the arm 

Is mobile enough to escape the pocket if necessary & pick up big 1st downs.

Has the leadership qualities

Played in a brutally tough Conference

Shows poise in tough situations

The only thing I don't know enough about, is his "it" factor. Can he come through in impossible situations?

Does he choke like Cousins in big games, big situations, Primetime TV, etc?

Either way, he's worth the risk at 15. I would even consider trading up for him, if the cost was minimal.

Other than QB, I think we need WR's badly.

A LG, if flowers can't make the switch.

Other than that, our offense is set. Not worried about TE's at all right now.

Our Defense is almost lethal, I'm.

An ILB, FS and it will be awesome.

Pure awesomeness!

Defense needs OLB too bro. We can’t trust that Anderson is definitely the answer. He’s likely going to be good vs the run but not get more than 5 or 6 sacks in a year. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Those aren’t considered a surgery like repairing a ligament, broken bones, organs etc. It’s a procedure to clean up the infection. 

Still- that tissue that was removed was probably some muscle, nerves, blood vessels etc . I'm just not all that hopeful that he's the same player . I'm certainly hoping he is but I still think we need to draft another guy. OR here's an idea -Give Perine a chance ! 

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Still- that tissue that was removed was probably some muscle, nerves, blood vessels etc . I'm just not all that hopeful that he's the same player . I'm certainly hoping he is but I still think we need to draft another guy. OR here's an idea -Give Perine a chance ! 

Well hello, that’s why we re-signed Peterson, a guy like Perine is still around and to a lesser extent, Byron Marshall is still on the team. Perine will get his chance in the preseason, let hope he doesn’t fumble it away again...

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well hello, that’s why we re-signed Peterson. a guy like Perine is around and to a lesser extent, Byron Marshall is still on the team. Perine will get his chance in the preseason, let hope he doesn’t fumble it away again...

Peterson -He seems to run 9 times for 9 yards then break one for 30 . Gives him about 4 yard average . I want a young gun ! 

Archived