Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

16 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Just joking about punching him in the face, but isn't he guy that ends up being really good, makes millions of dollars and has a trophy wife? You just sit there and look at him and your like really? Then you start getting mad at yourself wondering what in the hell you did wrong?

You wish nothing bad on the guy but hope he craps himself in public or something or his future wife gains about 600 pounds. Just to even things out a little.

If you can ball you’re going to get a trophy wife or if you have the money to give them everything they want.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You say that as if thats an option. Were going to win 6 to 8 and be picking after all the decent qbs are gone.

This has been my point all along about just drafting one now. Sure I’d love to have Hebert or Fromm but we won’t be picking anywhere high enough to get either. 

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This has been my point all along about just drafting one now. Sure I’d love to have Hebert or Fromm but we won’t be picking anywhere high enough to get either. 

Better chance of that happening if A) we don't invest a 1st this year on a guy we're "okay" on, and B) there's a non-zero chance that neither of the guys who are in the competition to start the year will be the ones to finish the year (thus "helping" our chances to get up that high).

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

Better chance of that happening if A) we don't invest a 1st this year on a guy we're "okay" on, and B) there's a non-zero chance that neither of the guys who are in the competition to start the year will be the ones to finish the year (thus "helping" our chances to get up that high).

With our OL and our RBs I think Keenum will do okay. He’s not going to be Cousins but he’ll do enough to win 7 games. This is why I wanted to just roll with Colt last year. I knew he would get hurt and we would lose a ton of games. Instead we traded for Alex. 

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’d be interested to know a couple areas (aside from tackling, especially) where you think he’s “outrageously overrated” and “a work in progress.”

Run support is the obvious one. I think he gambles too much and I think he can get caught eyeing the QB too much. He’s an awesome athlete but I do think his negatives will be highlighted in the NFL when he’s facing QBs who can look-off defenders with ease as opposed to college QBs. I think he’s going to get picked on a lot and it could hurt his confidence early. This is just based on things I’ve seen since watching him but @PARROTHEADwould be a much better source and maybe he can alleviate some of my fears. 

But with that said, I think this is why his stock has been dropping. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

That doesn’t mean we should settle for this mediocre crop of QBs this year.

Archived