Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

13 hours ago, TKellion said:

Honestly E the only QB in this draft that interests me is Clayton Thorson.I have the same feeling about him I had on Brady in 98 or what ever year he was drafted when we went for the lump from Stanford Husek?Not on the list of players we have contacted though.So who knows.I was angry when they didnt draft Brady,I will probably be angry again.And he can probably be had on day 3.

So you’re the one guy in the whole world  who saw Brady as a future starter? I'm...

Also, Brady was 99, Manning was 98

Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) Tweeted:

Fully Admit it's 'Silly Season' and rumors can't be trusted in slightest. But there's been one percolating on #Redskins trading up w/ #Raiders for a QB. Given Redskins track record & resources (Draft Picks + $) invested in QB, it'd be a foolish move by Old DC. But it's buzzing.

I sure as hell hope not. The cost to move up to 4 would be RG3 all over again. ( unless we get a family discount)

Just saw something interesting on NFL network. They had a mock with us going with Greedy Williams in the first and Hakeem Butler in the second. That's what I'm talking about!!! Be even better if we did that and took Grier and Dru Samania in the 3rd. I'd probably need a new pair of pants 😫

I'm just curious what you guys think? Who is your biggest man crush in the draft? I"ll probably get fussed at for mine but Hakeem Butler man. I swear I wouldn't be mad one bit if we took him at 15. Alot of people would say it's a reach but not this guy.

I think his floor is AJ Green and his ceiling is Julio Jones. Hes fast, huge and doesn't like to get tackled. I know he drops some, but he is a game breaker with the ball in his hands. Better route runner than Metcalf and less injury history.

Whoever gets him is getting a steal in my humble opinion 

21 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

I'm just curious what you guys think? Who is your biggest man crush in the draft? I"ll probably get fussed at for mine but Hakeem Butler man. I swear I wouldn't be mad one bit if we took him at 15. Alot of people would say it's a reach but not this guy.

I think his floor is AJ Green and his ceiling is Julio Jones. Hes fast, huge and doesn't like to get tackled. I know he drops some, but he is a game breaker with the ball in his hands. Better route runner than Metcalf and less injury history.

I’m starting to fall in love with the idea of Hockenson being the next Gronk.

For me, Greedy Williams. I’m sold.

The interesting thing is that he actually appears to be sliding down the media mock drafts. Kiper has him #29 and McShay has him out of the 1st round (after both had him in their top 5 previously). Which I find remarkable, having watched him play a lot here lately.

It speaks to a phenomenon I’ve thought about in years past but never really brought up here: guys who are extremely highly rated, draft wise, going into their final college season end up being picked apart with all the scrutiny and unrealistic expectations placed on them and they slide down the board. Perhaps they were “overrated” with their original lofty projection, but they’re still damn good players — and the criticism/disappointments causes overcorrections in forcing them much too far down the board. 

The obvious example is JuJu Smith-Schuster, who was considered a potential top 5 pick before an underwhelming final season dropped him well into the 2nd round. Should have trusted the initial read on him. Some other examples: A’Shawn Robinson, Myles Jack, Kendall Fuller, Carl Lawson, Da’Shawn Hand, Orlando Brown, Courtland Sutton, Calvin Ridley, Kawann Short, Landon Collins, Greg Hardy, Trey Flowers, Stephon Tuitt, Robert Woods, Tyrann Mathieu, Keenan Allen, Rick Wagner, Alshon Jeffery, Vontaze Burfict, Cameron Hayward, and Geno Atkins. 

Other candidates for this year would include Greg Little, A.J. Brown, Bryce Love, and maybe Ed Oliver depending on how far he might fall. 

I’ll say this, if we could trade down and still get Greedy Williams, that would likely be an even bigger coup than the Guice move last year. 

11 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) Tweeted:

Fully Admit it's 'Silly Season' and rumors can't be trusted in slightest. But there's been one percolating on #Redskins trading up w/ #Raiders for a QB. Given Redskins track record & resources (Draft Picks + $) invested in QB, it'd be a foolish move by Old DC. But it's buzzing.

I sure as hell hope not. The cost to move up to 4 would be RG3 all over again. ( unless we get a family discount)

I won't agree with their ”investment point” Alex isn't going to play again, IMHO. I really hope they cut him after June 1st or designate him a June 1at cut. I'm sure Allen won't - bc it makes most sense - but we need to to free up more cap space for the future. I guess they can always wait to do that until next year though.

Anyways, the clear way to look at the Redskins QB situation is that they have three 30 plus years old QBs. Two are coming off broken legs - one may never play again - and two only have one year left on their contract.

So, trading up to have the chance to draft Haskins makes sense if that's the QB they want the most. I just hope they don't sell the farm to move up.

I actually hope that they throw in player instead of one of the picks, they can throw in a player like say, Josh Norman.

So here's my idea:

1. Swap 2019 Firsts

2. 2019 second 

3. 2020 first 

4. Josh Norman

2019 Redskins Draft:

1. Dwayne Haskins, QB, The Ohio State University 

3. Conor McGovern, OG, Penn St

3. Terry McLaurin, WR, The Ohio State University 

5. Wyatt Ray, OLB, Boston College 

5. Khalil Hodge, ILB, Buffalo

6. Savion Smith, CB, Alabama

7. Hjate Frodholt, OG, Arkansas

7. Kendall Joseph, ILB, Clemson

If there is any way possible to trade back, they should really look into it. If Lock, Sweat, and White are off the board they better listen to all calls that come in. We trade back rather frequently it seems from round 2 and on. Don't seem to have a track record of doing it in round 1 much though. Unless you count moving back 1 spot with Houston in Doctson draft 

8 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

I sweat some Sweat

2 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

If there is any way possible to trade back, they should really look into it. If Lock, Sweat, and White are off the board they better listen to all calls that come in. We trade back rather frequently it seems from round 2 and on. Don't seem to have a track record of doing it in round 1 much though. Unless you count moving back 1 spot with Houston in Doctson draft 

Au contraire mon frère...

2008 the Redskins traded back from 21 into the second round.

They passed on an OT named Sam Baker who could've started at RT for us year 1. Then, in 09 when Samuels hurt his neck, Baker could’ve shifted to LT where he played his entire career for Atl.

Round 2 we took Fred Davis over Calias Campbell with our natural 2nd round pick.

In 2011 we traded back from 11? To 17? With the Jags so they could take Bortles service. They passed on JJ Watt & Robert Quinn for Kerrigan. Not an awful trade back bc Kerrigan has been good and except for one year has been better than Quinn but Quinn does have a quicker first step/more speed.

Of course taking JJ Watt would've been a home run. I assume they didn't bc they had just signed Adam Carriker to a LTD.

I forget the rest of the picks we took w/ that trade down, maybe Hankerson and Helu?

Anyways, meh

IMO the play is to either trade up to ensure we get Haskins or Lock if they love them or stay put at take BPA. 

I’m warming up to the idea of Greedy Williams. Injury concerns at CB have been an issue and we’ll be sure to lose Norman next year (or possibly even this year).

Dunbar, Moreau and Greedy would be a nice core of young, aggressive and outside CBs. Plus, they may be collectively the tallest/longest group out there.

Archived