Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I literally didn't hire a person because she referred to herself in the 3rd person in an interview

You didn't hire her for working the pole at your club bc she referred to herself in the 3rd person? Lol 😆 jk 

15 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Whoever gets him, their getting a hell of a guy and player. Imagine White, Collins, Allen, and Panye on the field and in the lockeroom. Definitely has the mindset I would be looking for in a guy I drafted. Willing to earn Respect of others so he can Lead them to a Super Bowl. What more can you ask out of a guy that you draft. The tape speaks for itself.

Best player at his position in the draft idc about positional value he’s the best player!!!!!

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If we draft Daniel Jones I’m probably going to be bummed. I’d rather take Grier at 15 than Jones. 

Grier is way better then Jones!!!! We draft Jones I’m not even scouting for 4 years from not until that QB class because the dude isn’t good!!

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

From what I've seen Jones has good, not great arm strength but certainly not a noodle arm. If he had a noodle arm he’d be projected as a late round pick, not mid first to 2nd round pick. You sure those ”noodle arm passes” just aren't touch passes?

No he can spin it!!!! It’s just he doesn’t!!!! He floats passes and hessitates. He reminds me exactly or Kirk Cousins. Like he’s going to throw a dink safe pass all day never take a chance and never win you a football game!!!! He’s a Dalton Cousins type hard pass here

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Rosen Haskins Grier Lock. That’s the list of acceptable starters for us next season. Rosen gives us flexibility but I really became enamoured with Haskins and I’m a mobile QB type guy. But Haskins impressed me a lot this year watching his games live!!!! Grier has been the guy I wanted since last year and Lock just reminds me a lot of Arron Rogers coming out

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

From what I've seen Jones has good, not great arm strength but certainly not a noodle arm. If he had a noodle arm he’d be projected as a late round pick, not mid first to 2nd round pick. You sure those ”noodle arm passes” just aren't touch passes?

55 is usually the floor at the combine for pocket passing qbs.  Jones clocked in at 53 and was struggling not putting loft while pushing balls down field. I was originally thinking like you. That he had a "good" or decent arm. Watson and Brees are the only 2 under 55 in the league I think. And they know how to keep plays alive until the throw they want is open. Jones wont have that luxury.

Tomorrow will be real telling during his workout. Seeing how he gets the ball down field with some snap to it. But Im not sold atm he will.

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

No he can spin it!!!! It’s just he doesn’t!!!! He floats passes and hessitates. He reminds me exactly or Kirk Cousins. Like he’s going to throw a dink safe pass all day never take a chance and never win you a football game!!!! He’s a Dalton Cousins type hard pass here

Look, I'm a WVU alumnus but even I think Jones is more consistent. Grier has flash but was inconsistent on easier throws at Wvu like short to intermediate, you know ... Chain moving throws. Grier also had two Wrs who will get drafted and played vs worse defenses bc the big 12 save Texas & sometimes Iowa St - watch that awful film of Grier - doesn't play defense.

14 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

55 is usually the floor at the combine for pocket passing qbs.  Jones clocked in at 53 and was struggling not putting loft while pushing balls down field. I was originally thinking like you. That he had a "good" or decent arm. Watson and Brees are the only 2 under 55 in the league I think. And they know how to keep plays alive until the throw they want is open. Jones wont have that luxury.

Tomorrow will be real telling during his workout. Seeing how he gets the ball down field with some snap to it. But Im not sold atm he will.

Sure but you can get by that with timing and accuracy. I'd have no problem until waiting until round 2 to see if Jones or Grier are there, but I'm worried they won't be. 

45 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I have no problem with a good QB, we just have to build a ”great” team around them. We couldn't do that while Kirk was our QB, mostly bc we didn't give him a long term deal in 2016 so his cap number was $5-10 million less than the franchise tag in 2016 & 17.

22 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Cinn trade dalton rumors increasing as the Bengals new coaching staff looking to rebuild. Given the obvious connection toon with Gruden would you support, freak out on a trade the Cousins comp pick for Dalton?

No. Just draft a god damn young QB and stop picking up everyone else’s trash. He couldn’t win with a world of talent in Cinci and he’s going to win with the Redskins? No thank you. 

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Cinn trade dalton rumors increasing as the Bengals new coaching staff looking to rebuild. Given the obvious connection toon with Gruden would you support, freak out on a trade the Cousins comp pick for Dalton?

We just traded for Keenum - a similar QB - and I'm not sure we can trade out comp picks, but I could be wrong about that.

Archived