Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

57 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Turtle, your diehard just like myself. I appreciate it, but please for the love of God stop trying to put every guy in the slot. I swear I think if I said I liked Cody Ford you would like him too. Only difference is you would want to try him out in the slot😎

I think he’ll be a slot WR that’s why and it’s our biggest need at WR. Oh, and I do like Cody Ford, I think he’ll be a good OG

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Lock = Locker

Not even remotely close. Jake Locker’s best season was when he completed 58% of his passes and then got worse his senior year as he completed 55% of his passes. Drew Lock on the other hand jumped from 58% his junior year to 62% his senior year even though he attempted more passes. 

The reason I won’t accept this comparison is because I was a huge Jake Locker fan. Go back and look and see how badly I wanted him on the team. Drew Lock is on another planet when it comes to throwing the ball. It’s just a silly comparison and very lazy honestly. Locker was a true dual-threat and that was his draw. Drew Lock is a pocket-passer with a rocket arm. The two aren’t even remotely the same. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Not even remotely close. Jake Locker’s best season was when he completed 58% of his passes and then got worse his senior year as he completed 55% of his passes. Drew Lock on the other hand jumped from 58% his junior year to 62% his senior year even though he attempted more passes. 

The reason I won’t accept this comparison is because I was a huge Jake Locker fan. Go back and look and see how badly I wanted him on the team. Drew Lock is on another planet when it comes to throwing the ball. It’s just a silly comparison and very lazy honestly. Locker was a true dual-threat and that was his draw. Drew Lock is a pocket-passer with a rocket arm. The two aren’t even remotely the same. 

Drew Lock is Blaine Gabbert 2.0

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Agreed, it was half a joke. I should’ve put a Lol that’s my bad.

I like Lock, I just wish he was a bit more consistent in the pocket. I definitely think he can develop into something special, his arm talent is special. On ESPN today they showed on film during his pro day how he makes some throws that other college QBs wouldn’t even attempt.

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I posted this earlier.

Lock VS. Ranked SEC Teams - Record 1-10... Comp Pct 52.1... TD-Int 14-16

Overall 50 games played, 46 starts, 21 wins. (21-25 as a starter)

48% against Georgia. 50% against Tennessee. 52% against Bama. All this season. He holds on to the ball and scrambles to buy time for something to open for him because he lacks instinct and anticipation. Hes not really all that different from Locker.

24 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Drew Lock is Blaine Gabbert 2.0

Again, terrible comparison. Blaine Gabbert threw for 16 TD passes in an offense Chase Daniel was killing. Drew Lock is a much more confident passer than Gabbert. 

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I posted this earlier.

Lock VS. Ranked SEC Teams - Record 1-10... Comp Pct 52.1... TD-Int 14-16

Overall 50 games played, 46 starts, 21 wins. (21-25 as a starter)

48% against Georgia. 50% against Tennessee. 52% against Bama. All this season. He holds on to the ball and scrambles to buy time for something to open for him because he lacks instinct and anticipation. Hes not really all that different from Locker.

He’s completely different from Locker. I watched a lot of both. They aren’t even remotely the same. It’s an apples to oranges comparison. 

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The flat out best comparison for Drew Lock is Jay Cutler. They’re extremely similar athletically and as QBs. Take that as you will. 

I can deal with that type of qb as long as Lock isn’t doesn’t act like Cutler. Of course, Kirk is better than Cutler was  which will bother me. I didn’t realize that Cutler only had one year over 4,000 yards and never therw over 30 TDs.

Freakin Shanahan, great job in trading up for Cutler in 06... lol 😂 

18 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

Don't know if its anything to read into but Gruden was at WVU pro day today watching Grier rather than being at Missouri. Just find it interesting since we met with both at the combine.

One reciever that doesn't get enough attention in my mind on the forum or the media is David Sills. This guy is pretty darn good and someone is going to steal him in the 3rd or 4th round. 

I think if Grier is there in round 2 and we hadn’t taken a QB in round 1 that we take Grier. I’d definitely draft Sills with our 3rd and take Jennings in the 5th or 6th.

19 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I thought Snyder had all girls? 

The Snyders have three children, daughters Tiffanie, 17 and Brittanie, 15, and son Gerry, 10. What do they think of having a mother who is mother of the year? "They think it's pretty cool," Dan Snyder said.
May 7, 2013

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

What I alluded to with Kylers hair during measurements happening. Greedy got a haircut.

Greedy NFL Combine. 6'2"

Greedy LSU Pro Day. 6'0 1/2" xD

First time Ive ever seen a pro day not favor their player.

Flipside of that is that a 6'0" corner is somewhat of the norm, so it's not as earth shattering.

Archived