Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

47 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I thought it a decent interview though. Want a bad one, look at Greedy yesterday after the pro day activities. lol.. That was bad to the point it was kinda hilarious.

Reporter: Do you think youre the best CB in the draft?

Greedy: WHAT!?!?!?! Yeah Im the best. Most these guys been doing it 4 years. Ive only started 2 and with all their extra play time. Im still better than them.

It was like he is planning on being the next Rocky movie villain. lol

While he didn’t say it correctly or politically correct, Greedy wasn’t wrong either.

I swear the more I look at it I think the plan for us is to draft Daniel Jones at 15. I think they are thinking the way the board will fall he is going to be there.

We only have Keenum and McCoy under contract for this year and they have to know Alex is a long ways off if he ever even plays again. Going into next season with no QB other than a rookie drafted in later rounds would be risky as hell.

If we finished season even at 5-11 or 6-10 that would most likely put us at about picking at 7th or 8th in 2020 draft. The draft capital to move up to 1 or 2 would look close to the RG3 trade in 2012. That would suck. Especially when teams that own that pick know we would be desperate it would be a kings ransom to move up.

I do believe they are doing due diligence on the position though. Preparing for an unexpected slide or a move up ahead of us that would change the plan.

If Haskins fell far enough I think we may move up a little to get him. If Arizona trades Rosen and the cost isn't too much I believe they make an offer. If a team like the Giants move ahead of us for Daniel Jones, I think they are taking a hard look at Will Grier.

But as of right now barring these three happening Jones is probably the guy. I'm not his biggest fan but in saying that he fits the type of QBs we seem to like.

Accurate, fairly intelligent, and surprisingly mobile. We have a play action playbook that is built with RPO's and bootlegs. We like to move the pocket and have the qb move. I hate to say it but out of all the QBs coming out this year he probably fits our scheme the best.

He's the pick I believe 

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont know what yall are looking at for Devin. Hes always been a good kid thats busted his tail. All Ive seen him say in 3rd person is what he wants coaches to say about him. Otherwise, standard interview of a 20 year old is what Ive seen.

Whoever gets him, their getting a hell of a guy and player. Imagine White, Collins, Allen, and Panye on the field and in the lockeroom. Definitely has the mindset I would be looking for in a guy I drafted. Willing to earn Respect of others so he can Lead them to a Super Bowl. What more can you ask out of a guy that you draft. The tape speaks for itself.

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ehh 5-11 usually gets you around the 5th pick in the draft. If Fromm is the 3rd QB off the board, he’d probably be there at 5.

The issue is we aren't going 5-11. This team will find a way to win 7 games and be out of range of the top QBs again. Hell, I'm getting to the point where I'd be okay with moving back a bit and taking Grier in the first. We need a chance at a future QB and I have no interest in throwing away a third round pick in this draft on a QB. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The issue is we aren't going 5-11. This team will find a way to win 7 games and be out of range of the top QBs again. Hell, I'm getting to the point where I'd be okay with moving back a bit and taking Grier in the first. We need a chance at a future QB and I have no interest in throwing away a third round pick in this draft on a QB. 

Maybe we find a way to Go 5-11, maybe not. I don't think either of our QBs are better the Alex or Kirk so, I don't know that we win 7 games, especially if our D is just average or below.

I have no problem with moving back in round 1 if we think/know Grier will be there. I also don't have a problem with a 3rd round developmental QB. It worked out with Kirk and Foles.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Maybe we find a way to Go 5-11, maybe not. I don't think either of our QBs are better the Alex or Kirk so, I don't know that we win 7 games, especially if our D is just average or below.

I have no problem with moving back in round 1 if we think/know Grier will be there. I also don't have a problem with a 3rd round developmental QB. It worked out with Kirk and Foles.

According to PFF, which I honestly wish would just die off already, Smith and Keenum are essentially the same QB. And no, I don’t buy that at all but I think our OL and RBs will be enough to win some games and our defense will be decent. We will manage to win 7-games. It just keeps happening. 7,8,9 is just what we do. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

According to PFF, which I honestly wish would just die off already, Smith and Keenum are essentially the same QB. And no, I don’t buy that at all but I think our OL and RBs will be enough to win some games and our defense will be decent. We will manage to win 7-games. It just keeps happening. 7,8,9 is just what we do. 

The difference between Alex & Keenum are two things:

1. Alex didn't have the weapons that Keenum did like Emmanuel Sanders, d Thomas & Courtland Sutton. 

2. Keenum has more turnovers and negative plays.

Dukes pro day is Monday I believe. So long as Jones still has that weak noodle arm and floats passes all over the place. I dont see any way were looking at him in the 1st.

I believe he has a good head for the game. Well ahead of the likes of Grier and Lock. But not arm enough to make plays at the pro level.

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I understand having lofty goals, that’s pretty cool and I think every player should shoot for that but speaking in third person is probably the corniest thing a human being can do. He comes off like a tool. 

I literally didn't hire a person because she referred to herself in the 3rd person in an interview

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dukes pro day is Monday I believe. So long as Jones still has that weak noodle arm and floats passes all over the place. I dont see any way were looking at him in the 1st.

I believe he has a good head for the game. Well ahead of the likes of Grier and Lock. But not arm enough to make plays at the pro level.

From what I've seen Jones has good, not great arm strength but certainly not a noodle arm. If he had a noodle arm he’d be projected as a late round pick, not mid first to 2nd round pick. You sure those ”noodle arm passes” just aren't touch passes?

Archived