Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

40 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Watch the tape and read when is the last time he allowed a TD or 100 yard game. Some of that combine stuff is overrated. Baker held his own on the field. 

I don't think this helps his case

• Georgia's Deandre Baker looked like a top-32 pick when the predraft process began, but poor interviews with teams have him falling down the board. After Baker appeared on the Stick to Football podcast with me, one scout wanted to bet that Baker falls out of the first round. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2826988-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-insider-buzz-from-pro-days-and-latest-big-board

There's a lot of chatter about the first round Cornerbacks but I think they are overrated. Greedy is #1 imo and the only guy I'd consider at 15 and even then might be better value to take a guy like N'Keal Harry or AJ Brown in round1 and then CB in round 2. I like the value better in round two for CB. Both Trayvon Mullen CB Clemson and Lonnie Johnson CB Kentucky have CB1 potential imo. Lonnie Johnson might be the best tackling cornerback in the class. What are they feeding these kids at UKentucky??

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

• Georgia's Deandre Baker looked like a top-32 pick when the predraft process began, but poor interviews with teams have him falling down the board. After Baker appeared on the Stick to Football podcast with me, one scout wanted to bet that Baker falls out of the first round. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2826988-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-insider-buzz-from-pro-days-and-latest-big-board

This is nothing about his play on the field. Let him fall, I bet the team that gets him gets one hell of a CB. 

Tell me about Stanford LB Bobby Okereke. I've heard there's some buzz and he's climbing draft boards.

He apparently had decent production in college and ran a 4.58 in the 40. That's not bad at all!

How's the rest of his combine results and game tape look?

22 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Tell me about Stanford LB Bobby Okereke. I've heard there's some buzz and he's climbing draft boards.

He apparently had decent production in college and ran a 4.58 in the 40. That's not bad at all!

How's the rest of his combine results and game tape look?

I'll leave the game tape to others, but Combine (from https://3sigmaathlete.com/sparq-rankings-2019/off-los-linebacker/ )

pSPARQ = 124.6
z-score = 0.3
NFL percentile at position = 63.5 (position = ILB)

Ht = 6' 1 3/8"
Wt = 239
Arm length = 34.5"
Hand size = 10 3/8"
Wingspan = 82 5/8"

40 yd dash = 4.58s
Short shuttle = 4.26s
3-cone = 7.25s
BP = <no record>
Vertical = 33.5"
Broad jump = 10' 1 7/8"

9 hours ago, taylor made said:

I’ve heard it too. Honestly, they’re both falling but we all know it only takes one team to love you. Just bc some scouts have Greedy not going top 10 anymore & Baker late first, early second, doesn’t mean it will happen that they fall. If one team loves them and takes them then of course they’ll go higher.

35 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Probably shouldn’t have said what he said, but it’s probably true also.

I understand having lofty goals, that’s pretty cool and I think every player should shoot for that but speaking in third person is probably the corniest thing a human being can do. He comes off like a tool. 

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I understand having lofty goals, that’s pretty cool and I think every player should shoot for that but speaking in third person is probably the corniest thing a human being can do. He comes off like a tool. 

Agreed. I’m just saying most of the good players will probably signing $100 M contracts in 5 years. The great ones will be signing $150 m contracts and elite QBs will be signing $200 M contracts.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Totally agree. Very disappointed. Not too humble. 

I dont know what yall are looking at for Devin. Hes always been a good kid thats busted his tail. All Ive seen him say in 3rd person is what he wants coaches to say about him. Otherwise, standard interview of a 20 year old is what Ive seen.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

For real here. How can anybody complain about this guy. Has lofty goals, but is well rooted.

I have no problem with it, and it means he falls 5-10 spots to us for that comment, ill gladly take that, just like Jon Allen’s supposed arthritic shoulders... Or Guice’s awful interview and supposed poor character....?!

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I have no problem with it, and it means he falls 5-10 spots to us for that comment, ill gladly take that, just like Jon Allen’s supposed arthritic shoulders... Or Guice’s awful interview and supposed poor character....?!

I thought it a decent interview though. Want a bad one, look at Greedy yesterday after the pro day activities. lol.. That was bad to the point it was kinda hilarious.

Reporter: Do you think youre the best CB in the draft?

Greedy: WHAT!?!?!?! Yeah Im the best. Most these guys been doing it 4 years. Ive only started 2 and with all their extra play time. Im still better than them.

It was like he is planning on being the next Rocky movie villain. lol

Archived