Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

Dwayne Haskins has four more private meetings set up and one is with the Redskins 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/20/dwayne-haskins-has-four-more-private-meetings-set-up/ via @ProFootballTalkq

Specifically, Haskins mentioned the Raiders (who pick fourth overall), Broncos (10th), Dolphins (13th), and Washington (15th). The Giants are picking sixth overall.

I hope we do draft him just so I can watch MKnight complain and watch Haskins  become good to great while Mknight continues to try to prove that Haskins’ entire career that he sucks.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Just said on path to the draft. Haskins met with the Giants for a long time last night.

No way hes getting out the top 10. Might as well forget him as a pick and just go to hoping he goes before the Giants pick. #GeauxRaiders

The more QBs that go before 15 the better.  Makes some better defenders drop to us.  

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I hope we do draft him just so I can watch MKnight complain and watch Haskins  become good to great while Mknight continues to try to prove through Haskins’ entire career that he sucks.

Should Haskins fall to us at 15, by all means draft him.

Problem is that the cost to get him is going to require going up to about #3. If the trades of the past are general signposts, we would look to 2016 Philadelphia 13->2 (2016 1st, 3rd, 4th, 2017 1st for 2016 1st, 2020 conditional 5th (became a 4th)). That's a high price to pay for a team that has many many needs. Given that Washington doesn't have a 4th in this draft, they'll have to probably send both 3rds.

That's three potential starters at other positions for one QB. It also means after their second round pick, they wouldn't have any selections until midway through the 5th.

Just now, Woz said:

Should Haskins fall to us at 15, by all means draft him.

Problem is that the cost to get him is going to require going up to about #3. If the trades of the past are general signposts, we would look to 2016 Philadelphia 13->2 (2016 1st, 3rd, 4th, 2017 1st for 2016 1st, 2020 conditional 5th (became a 4th)). That's a high price to pay for a team that has many many needs. Given that Washington doesn't have a 4th in this draft, they'll have to probably send both 3rds.

That's three potential starters at other positions for one QB. It also means after their second round pick, they wouldn't have any selections until midway through the 5th.

Looking at your quote it looks like a poster I have blocked is continuing to attack me completely unprovoked for no reason?  

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Honestly asking: What do you think the base of the conditional to be? What's the high end? What are the triggers?

For me, I would be envisioning probably a conditional 5th rounder. But if he plays less than 10% of the snaps for us next season, they get nothing. Assuming he does play at least some snaps for us, they get the 5th rounder. If he plays more than 60% of the snaps for us, it goes up to our 4th rounder. And if he plays more than 80% of the snaps and we make the playoffs, it goes up to a 3rd rounder. Which I think we'd pretty happily do, in any of those instances.

22 minutes ago, Woz said:

That's three potential starters at other positions for one QB.

Which would be worth it, if you felt really strongly that it was the right QB. 

I just don't know how anyone could feel that strongly about Haskins. I like a lot of things about him. But I don't know that I could ever be sure enough -- based on the scant evidence out there about him -- to put all my eggs in his basket.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

For me, I would be envisioning probably a conditional 5th rounder. But if he plays less than 10% of the snaps for us next season, they get nothing. Assuming he does play at least some snaps for us, they get the 5th rounder. If he plays more than 60% of the snaps for us, it goes up to our 4th rounder. And if he plays more than 80% of the snaps and we make the playoffs, it goes up to a 3rd rounder. Which I think we'd pretty happily do, in any of those instances.

Okay, was just wondering what you were considering. I don't think they would go for the 80% and playoffs -> 3rd, but might come back with 80% snaps = 3rd, playoffs = 2nd. He is a QB after all.

36 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Just said on path to the draft. Haskins met with the Giants for a long time last night.

No way hes getting out the top 10. Might as well forget him as a pick and just go to hoping he goes before the Giants pick. #GeauxRaiders

I think they Giants are going to draft him unless the Broncos, Dolphins or us trade into the top 6 to get in front of them.

I've thought the Giants were going to draft Haskins since he declared for the draft.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

That damn Josh Johnson, why'd he have to be so good!

They could’ve just kept playing Sanchez. That whole playoff crap was a pipe dream anyway. It’s absolutely no different then benching Beck for Grossman. Just lose the last few games so you have a brighter future. 

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Which would be worth it, if you felt really strongly that it was the right QB. 

I just don't know how anyone could feel that strongly about Haskins. I like a lot of things about him. But I don't know that I could ever be sure enough -- based on the scant evidence out there about him -- to put all my eggs in his basket.

Well, we did put all our eggs in a much more raw pocket passing QB in 2012 when we traded up for RG3. So, anything is possible and IMHO, Haskins is more of a sure thing as an NFL pocket passer than RG3 was as a prospect and even today, 8 years later.

Just now, lavar703 said:

They could’ve just kept playing Sanchez. That whole playoff crap was a pipe dream anyway. It’s absolutely no different then benching Beck for Grossman. Just lose the last few games so you have a brighter future. 

Very true 

Archived