Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

DJ looks good on these redzone throws. He can drop it in a bucket on them back of the endzone and endzone corner throws.

I dont get why his agent or anyone didnt get him some decent receivers to throw too. LSU brought in Flynn to throw to receivers and TEs. But the guys DJ used seemed to really like him. Always with smiles talking to him. Not doubting hes a great teammate.

Just wish his arm was a tad bit stronger. Even when he put the ball on a rope they looked kinda floaty in a way.

2 balls hit the ground. Both due to receivers being so gassed and low on talent Im guessing. Cause it hit both in both hands before hitting the ground.

Personally. Id have comfort taking him from back end of the 1st round on.

So just a random of list of prospects I really like in this draft class:

TE TJ Hockenson, Iowa - would be an immediate upgrade at TE IMO due to him being a more complete player than Reed.

OLB Montez Sweat, Miss St - crazy length and speed combo.  Could be perennial 10+ sack guy.

WR Parris Campbell, OSU - wouldn't take him in the first and doubt he drops to our 2nd, but I like his speed and OSU WRs have been good translating to the NFL lately.  Maybe if we trade back.

WR Kelvin Harmon, NC St - didn't run well at the combine, but strong possesion guy that reminds me of Aquon Boldin.  Could drop to our 2nd.  

OLB/DE Jaylon Ferguson, Louisiana Tech - good production from the edge, could be a 2nd round option if we go another route in the first.  

OG Connor McGovern, Penn St - Can play Center too, good run blocker that opened up lanes for Barkley.  3rd round option.

OLB/DE Oshane Ximines, ODU - produced against lower talent, but looks the part.  3rd round option.

MLB Tre Lamar, Clemson - great size, produced for a top program at a high level.  3rd round option.

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

He might be awesome, I question his ceiling. Comes off as nerdy, a guy that looks like he needs a good punch to the face. Ya know, kinda like Eli Manning 

Woe is us as fans if they could get a guy who held down the most position in football for a decade and a half and delivered two Lombardi trophies to DC. I mean, how could we stand to look at his face if that occurs?!

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Woe is us as fans if they could get a guy who held down the most position in football for a decade and a half and delivered two Lombardi trophies to DC. I mean, how could we stand to look at his face if that occurs?!

Ya but that punchable face though.  I'm with @Bo Duke

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but that punchable face though.  I'm with @Bo Duke

He looks like the most generic stereotypical American college student in history. I went to school with 10 thousand that looked exactly like him. Been to other schools with just as many. UVA probably has 4000 enrolling looking like him. And VT probably has them looking like him, just without teeth and sporting a unibrow.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Daniel Jones just put up a 4.67 40. Thats pretty dang good for a 6'5 qb. Hes over a tenth faster than Pernie.

A much better athlete than I expected. Getting ready to throw here in a bit.

Perine runs a 4.65 forty. It's been talked about all year that Jones is a sneaky good athlete.

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He looks like the most generic stereotypical American college student in history. I went to school with 10 thousand that looked exactly like him. Been to other schools with just as many. UVA probably has 4000 enrolling looking like him. And VT probably has them looking like him, just without teeth and sporting a unibrow.

Except most college kids aren't 6’5, 220. He towers over almost every college kid and probably all of them by at least 3 to 4 inches, if not 7 or 8.

Just joking about punching him in the face, but isn't he guy that ends up being really good, makes millions of dollars and has a trophy wife? You just sit there and look at him and your like really? Then you start getting mad at yourself wondering what in the hell you did wrong?

You wish nothing bad on the guy but hope he craps himself in public or something or his future wife gains about 600 pounds. Just to even things out a little.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Except most college kids aren't 6’5, 220. He towers over almost every college kid and probably all of them by at least 3 to 4 inches, if not 7 or 8.

We were talkin bout his face. lol

Its so generic white American college kid its hilarious. Even the hair. Cept when I was in college, they all had that hairdo, but would spike it up in the very front.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I had that hairdo.  Even bleached my hair a super douchey blonde too.  Early 2000s were weird.  

Every kid that goes to our rival high school does the bleaching of the bangs. Don't worry MKnight some fads will never die. Even though they probably should 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I had that hairdo.  Even bleached my hair a super douchey blonde too.  Early 2000s were weird.  

One of those post the kids were all nosey asking what I was laughin at. I said, "oh, just dudes hair." lol

Oh the memories.

Archived