Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Lets hope they don't over complicate this decision and do something really stupid trading up for a quarterback.

giphy.gif

You do realize we’d have to trade up around 10 spots for him too right?

And he could get hurt same as a QB can.

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's everyone's thoughts on where you go in the first? Which positions are of major need? Can you see yourselfs moving up for a QB?

Hell no on moving up.  Personally I wouldn’t go QB but I think our moron GM will consider it.  Top needs are OLB, LG and CB.

I'm really starting to think a good player is going to fall to us at 15. I also saw on Bleacher Report that Marquise Brown is out of walking boot and he's getting ready to start resume running. Said he should be ready for rookie minicamp per Ian Rapaport.

Before the lisfranc injury, that's who I really wanted in draft. Having a guy that can stretch the defense from the x would really help. If he's really almost healthy he is near the top of my wish list.

Hockenson 

Hollywood 

Bush (just don't see White being there)

If we draft one of these guys I would be ecstatic 

I don't think there is a guard, qb, or free safety that's going to be available at 15 worth the pick.

I don't think there's a guard or safety in the draft worth that pick at all. QB wise, only Haskins and Lock would be worth pick 15. And Lock is really on the border line. I don't even count Murray, he's already in Arizona as far as I'm concerned.

I'm keeping fingers crossed for Hockenson or Hollywood 

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

I don't think there is a guard, qb, or free safety that's going to be available at 15 worth the pick.

I don't think there's a guard or safety in the draft worth that pick at all. QB wise, only Haskins and Lock would be worth pick 15. And Lock is really on the border line. I don't even count Murray, he's already in Arizona as far as I'm concerned.

I'm keeping fingers crossed for Hockenson or Hollywood 

How is Hollywood Brown worth the 15th pick? Because he may start running next month?

He's injured. Injuries like his almost always drop a player a round - maybe more - because of the risk involved. I wouldn't take Brown at 15. I would take one of the following:

• Brian Burns

• Clelin Ferrell 

• Jonah Williams (at LG)

• Devin Bush

• Cody Ford

• AJ Brown

I'd take someone else at 15. Then, if Hollywood is still there in the beginning of the 2nd, I’d trade up for him, like the Giants did to jump in front of us in 2015 to take Landon Collins.

* Obviously, if we take AJ Brown in round 1 we aren't taking Hollywood Brown in round 2.

If Hollywood is healthy, and sounds like he is going to be, he's worth 15 all day long. Best gamebreaking wr in college football last year. Theres no way we are going guard at 15. It isn't going to happen. AJ Brown for me though is the 2nd best wr coming out this year. I wouldn't be upset if we took him at 15 at all. They're both good players but you can't coach speed and that's where Hollywood gets the edge for me

51 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

If Hollywood is healthy, and sounds like he is going to be, he's worth 15 all day long. Best gamebreaking wr in college football last year. Theres no way we are going guard at 15. It isn't going to happen. AJ Brown for me though is the 2nd best wr coming out this year. I wouldn't be upset if we took him at 15 at all. They're both good players but you can't coach speed and that's where Hollywood gets the edge for me

Even before he had the injury there was a question as if he’d be a top 15 pick bc of his size.

When Fuller & Moreau has their injuries they both dropped over 1 round and were drafted in round 3.

Jaylon Smith dropped around 2 after he hurth his knee in the bowl game vs Ohio State. Before that, he was projected in the top 10. Then, he fell to round 2.

It’s a huge risk to take a wr coming off a lisfranc foot injury in round 1. Huge risk. He may never be the player he was before the injury - he probably will be but how can we be sure?

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You do realize we’d have to trade up around 10 spots for him too right?

And he could get hurt same as a QB can.

Maybe, but remember Maurice Hurst last year. Some had him a top 8 player and certainly no lower than a mid first rounder- dropped to the 5th round. If Sweat is there, draft him, if not draft the best player available for next seasons new coaching staff to try to develop. 

18 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Maybe, but remember Maurice Hurst last year. Some had him a top 8 player and certainly no lower than a mid first rounder- dropped to the 5th round. If Sweat is there, draft him, if not draft the best player available for next seasons new coaching staff to try to develop. 

Does Sweat have heart condition that was discovered at the combine? Have most teams taken him off their boards because of that?

I don’t think so. Totally different situation.

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yes.

Hmm... wow, well that complicates things. 

Combine tests reveal Sweat has heart condition - NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023042/article/combine-tests-reveal-montez-sweat-has-heart-condition

It Seems teams are evaluating his condition. The article says it’s minor and of course he played in the SEC with it. Hard to say how far he’ll fall bc of it.

Archived