Trades?

cattleman78

47 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

If we don’t beat the Steelers this week any trades we make will be with an eye to the future. So probably not anyone with just a year left on their contract. It won’t be a trade that is designed to win now all though it might help us do that

If we are lucky two teams lose their starting QB's for 5-6 weeks and need a back up for a few games and will over pay for TT. like a 5th. 

Grady Jarrett is FA next year, great Dt from Atalanta.

https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2019-nfl-free-agents-list/

Man, the OBJ to CLE rumors are swirling tonight. Started with an Allbright tweet saying the Browns should make a big offer for him, then talk that he was actually at the Cavs game tonight. Though, I asked a co-worker who was there covering the game, and he told me he hadn't heard it from anyone else in the media.

The thought of OBJ in Orange and Browns is pretty damn exciting...but it might be insanely costly.

...Or...maybe not, considering the price of Apple and Harrison. It'd be a shame if we had to give up this year's first, but it'd be hard not to pull the trigger.

6 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Man, the OBJ to CLE rumors are swirling tonight. Started with an Allbright tweet saying the Browns should make a big offer for him, then talk that he was actually at the Cavs game tonight. Though, I asked a co-worker who was there covering the game, and he told me he hadn't heard it from anyone else in the media.

The thought of OBJ in Orange and Browns is pretty damn exciting...but it might be insanely costly.

...Or...maybe not, considering the price of Apple and Harrison. It'd be a shame if we had to give up this year's first, but it'd be hard not to pull the trigger.

My two prong attack for this team, if possible obviously, would be trading for OBJ, and signing FA Demarcus Lawrence, Trey Flowers, or Frank Clark. After that, my goals would be to rebuild the defensive tackle rotation, find a good CB opposite of Ward and Mitchell, young interior olinemen to improve and replace the high priced vets (Zeitler and Tretter have been meh) and one more young LB in the vein of Genard Avery.

Obviously, these moves are purely personnel and do not solve the coaching problems.

7 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

My two prong attack for this team, if possible obviously, would be trading for OBJ, and signing FA Demarcus Lawrence, Trey Flowers, or Frank Clark. After that, my goals would be to rebuild the defensive tackle rotation, find a good CB opposite of Ward and Mitchell, young interior olinemen to improve and replace the high priced vets (Zeitler and Tretter have been meh) and one more young LB in the vein of Genard Avery.

Obviously, these moves are purely personnel and do not solve the coaching problems.

Cannot dispute this. The question would be how costly OBJ is. Hopefully not 2 first rounders...ugh. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think 31 teams wouldnt want him on that contract. 
surpisingly he has 2/3 good weeks.

yeah no team would want him. If they do, they will just wait until the offseason to do so. There is no way the Browns keep him this offseason. 

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

As much as I would love to trade for Obj it’s just highly unlikely. It leaves the Giants with a huge amount of dead money and they are very tight against the cap

He would have to restructure there, and then come here and get more money than the Giants offered  him. He would lose a lot of$$ by being in Ceveland from an endorsement perspective. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Could we get sterling Sheppard for a 3rd from the giants. 

Or a 3rd and 5th?

This is something’s I can thoroughly get behind. Love shepherd. I thinks he’s underused on the Giants. He wouldn’t be a #1 but he’d be a drastic improvement over what we have. A legit deep threat. And has chemistry with baker

Archived