Trades?

cattleman78

On 10/21/2018 at 8:23 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

You’re on crack if you think we can get a 4th for tretter. He’s a borderline starter. 6th at best. 

Are the Browns still the youngest team in the NFL? If so, why are we concerned with more draft pick hoarding again. I thought we were done with that and moved on to the get more experienced talent to fit in around the young core style.

We already have 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7. I dont see the point in trading away decent pieces like Tretter/Collins/Zeitler for more mid-round picks that we hope in 3 years can develop well. Thats another step backwards IMO considering moves like Landry/Tyrod/Hyde/Randall/Gaines were all 'start winning now' moves.

We need to start trading some of these mid round picks for players who may have fell out of rotation. Like a 5th for a guy like Devante Parker in MIA would be a good start that could help both parties since he seems on the way out.

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Are the Browns still the youngest team in the NFL? If so, why are we concerned with more draft pick hoarding again. I thought we were done with that and moved on to the get more experienced talent to fit in around the young core style.

Maybe, but I do not think so.

We are accumulating draft picks because we need at least one more great haul from the draft to be relevant.

11 hours ago, bruceb said:

Maybe, but I do not think so.

We are accumulating draft picks because we need at least one more great haul from the draft to be relevant.

Or that Dorsey has the ammo to make trades. Because he had a large amount of picks last year he was able to acquire some important guys. 

If I could trade for any realistic player it’d be D. Thomas. 

Hes better than what Denver is allowing him to look 

He’d bring another mentoring WR to our young team. He doesn’t have the speed he used to be he’s a solid route runner 

that’d be my guy

22 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If I could trade for any realistic player it’d be D. Thomas. 

Hes better than what Denver is allowing him to look 

He’d bring another mentoring WR to our young team. He doesn’t have the speed he used to be he’s a solid route runner 

that’d be my guy

He also drops the ball a TON.

I'm not sure hes what I would be looking for.

50 minutes ago, buno67 said:

after seeing what the Saints gave up for Apple, I wish the Browns would have gotten involved. 

Maybe we'll be players in the trade talks for Gareon Conley, for whatever that's worth. I'd be interested for a 3rd and a 7th. A first for Amari Cooper was insane. Too many questions and the forthcoming new contract to pull the trigger on that deal, but Jerry's obviously feeling the pressure of a spiraling season, and recent seasons. 

5 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

He also drops the ball a TON.

I'm not sure hes what I would be looking for.

Hes not even top 5 in drop rate in the past 3 years and he makes more good plays at this point that offset a drop here and there. He also provides stability.

The Browns have 3 5th rounders if Im not mistaken, there is no reason at all they shouldnt throw one at Demaryius Thomas. 

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

Surprisingly tretter has been our most consistent OL 

Consistently bullied 4-6 yards deep into the pocket. He hasn't given up sacks but he is getting man handled and leaving Mayfield no where to step up. 

Watched every passing pocket in the NFL for a few weeks and people would plainly see Desmond Harrison and Chris Hubbard are doing their job as well as 85-90% of the rest of the league. The interior is getting straight bullied and Mayfield doesn't/cannot step up to avoid the guys coming off the edge. Every OT on every team would be giving up sacks to edge rushers if had the help our interior is giving them. OTs are at a natural disadvantage going backward to the DEs forward and 98% of more are at an athletic disadvantage. If  every DE in the league only had to beat his man off the edge at 6-8 yards deep then every DE in the NFL would have 20 sacks a season or more. It is a good thing the NFL has great coaching and those OTs are taught to carry them up field and protect the inside and QBs are taught to step up forcing the edge defenders too deep. Baker Mayfield has not been able to do that because the interior has been trash. Not one single sack this season has been because an edge defender bent the edge on one of our OTs. They have all been deep in the pocket or created by initial pressure deep in the pocket from an edge rusher.

Just keeping the guy in front of you is simply not good enough. He needs to anchor better period. I would say he is at best our 4th best lineman in pass pro so far in a dead heat battle with Kevin Zeitler for dead last. The sacks given up stat is easily the worst stat line you can ever look at and the Browns are the poster team for that right now after watching the games.

Archived