Trades?

cattleman78

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

???

Center is prolly the 2nd/3rd hardest position compared to the other spots. Ranking them toughest to easiest IMO is...

1. LT
  2. C/RT
  3. RT/C
  4. RG
  5. LG

Joe Thomas called centre the easiest position on the line unless you are playing in a zone run scheme. Stating that they dont block players 1-1 usually and as it either the  LG or rt

45 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Joe Thomas called centre the easiest position on the line unless you are playing in a zone run scheme. Stating that they dont block players 1-1 usually and as it either the  LG or rt

I dont adding, the center responsibility of having to call out fronts and call out pass protections, block with one hand for certain run plays, and how many times run odd front now. I dont see the center positon being the easiest. 

Also LG to me is by far the easiest position. You get an odd front, no one is lined up over you and when you face an even front, you have the shade tech towards you because the defense will set the strength most likely to the right side. So the left guard is helping on run plays and pass protection. Hardest thing they will do is pull 

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Consistently bullied 4-6 yards deep into the pocket. He hasn't given up sacks but he is getting man handled and leaving Mayfield no where to step up. 

Watched every passing pocket in the NFL for a few weeks and people would plainly see Desmond Harrison and Chris Hubbard are doing their job as well as 85-90% of the rest of the league. The interior is getting straight bullied and Mayfield doesn't/cannot step up to avoid the guys coming off the edge. Every OT on every team would be giving up sacks to edge rushers if had the help our interior is giving them. OTs are at a natural disadvantage going backward to the DEs forward and 98% of more are at an athletic disadvantage. If  every DE in the league only had to beat his man off the edge at 6-8 yards deep then every DE in the NFL would have 20 sacks a season or more. It is a good thing the NFL has great coaching and those OTs are taught to carry them up field and protect the inside and QBs are taught to step up forcing the edge defenders too deep. Baker Mayfield has not been able to do that because the interior has been trash. Not one single sack this season has been because an edge defender bent the edge on one of our OTs. They have all been deep in the pocket or created by initial pressure deep in the pocket from an edge rusher.

Just keeping the guy in front of you is simply not good enough. He needs to anchor better period. I would say he is at best our 4th best lineman in pass pro so far in a dead heat battle with Kevin Zeitler for dead last. The sacks given up stat is easily the worst stat line you can ever look at and the Browns are the poster team for that right now after watching the games.

I don't know what games you've been watching but tretter isn't the problem. It's Hubbard and to a lesser extent Harrison. Tretter is better than he was last year for sure.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Damn, nice move.

We could use a guy like Snacks tbh.

We had a guy similar to him in Shelton, although not quite as good as Harrison. But those massive run-stuffing DTs don't "fit" what Gregg wants to do. ¬¬ Meanwhile our run defense has been atrocious this season after being dominant last year.

Archived