Trades?

cattleman78

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think he has done more in the nfl and has been through more garbage in buffalo. Tyrod has faced and overcome more adversity than drew.

I guess it comes down to our perceptions of Tyrod Taylor and Drew Stanton. To me, they are actually pretty darn close as far as what they've done in the NFL. I never saw a great player in Tyrod in Buffalo but more of a placeholder for a franchise quarterback. Maybe he did a little more than Stanton, but I could also see Stanton doing pretty well in the right situation. I don't think Taylor took the Bills to the playoffs last year but was more along for the ride and didn't completely blow it like you did for, say, the Browns this year. He was awful this year. I don't really know how else to describe how he played but awful, so I'll say it again.

Stanton seems like a great locker room presence as well, and he is also been through the gamut and taking his lumps. I just don't see Tyrod Taylor's contract being worth keeping if we can get a decent pick for him. Now if we are sure, I understand keeping him. But if somebody throws us a 4th rounder or better, then I'm all over it and riding the rest of the way with stead. If we are seeing Tyrod Taylor this year, the season is even more over than it is now. J m h o

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I guess it comes down to our perceptions of Tyrod Taylor and Drew Stanton. To me, they are actually pretty darn close as far as what they've done in the NFL. I never saw a great player in Tyrod in Buffalo but more of a placeholder for a franchise quarterback. Maybe he did a little more than Stanton, but I could also see Stanton doing pretty well in the right situation. I don't think Taylor took the Bills to the playoffs last year but was more along for the ride and didn't completely blow it like you did for, say, the Browns this year. He was awful this year. I don't really know how else to describe how he played but awful, so I'll say it again.

Stanton seems like a great locker room presence as well, and he is also been through the gamut and taking his lumps. I just don't see Tyrod Taylor's contract being worth keeping if we can get a decent pick for him. Now if we are sure, I understand keeping him. But if somebody throws us a 4th rounder or better, then I'm all over it and riding the rest of the way with stead. If we are seeing Tyrod Taylor this year, the season is even more over than it is now. J m h o

this is definitely not a hill I am going to die on, but I think Tyrod has more relevant experiecne than Drew, also Tyrod like Baker has over achieved in his career, where Drew has largely under achieved his draft status etc. 

30 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

this is definitely not a hill I am going to die on, but I think Tyrod has more relevant experiecne than Drew, also Tyrod like Baker has over achieved in his career, where Drew has largely under achieved his draft status etc. 

Only Mind is allowed to die on hills.

And yes, I agree that Stanton was overdrafted and that Taylor has outplayed his draft position. I don't think Stanton could generate draft capital like Taylor could, so for that reason I'd be listening to offers for Tyrod. 

P.S.: Sorry I typoed that you blew it for the Browns this year; I'm sure you would have been better than Tyrod.

- Solomon Thomas anyone, not a scheme fit for 5 tech for 49ers, 3 tech for us maybe?

- Outside the box name, Ziggy Ansah, often injured but is very productive when on the field, might have worn out his welcome in Detroit, maybe can benefit from a little less pressure being opposite of a guy like Garrett

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- Solomon Thomas anyone, not a scheme fit for 5 tech for 49ers, 3 tech for us maybe?

- Outside the box name, Ziggy Ansah, often injured but is very productive when on the field, might have worn out his welcome in Detroit, maybe can benefit from a little less pressure being opposite of a guy like Garrett

Solomon thomas is perfect across from Ogbah but he’d cost a lot.

Heard were hot on the trail of Garçon and D. Thomas. 

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I don't know why but I am so meh on those older guys

Me too because both have suspect hands. On the other hand they both are instant starters or 3rd WRs at worst so... it would be an improvement. DT's contract is up after next year and no way we would keep Garcon after next year so the compensation would have to match that. A 4th for DT and a 5th for Garcon is probably all that i would offer.

Archived