Trades?

cattleman78

Start making trades to prepare for next year. Tell the coaching staff to suck one. Make this team better for the new staff next year. 

Best example, too stubborn to play Chubb and he has looked darn good the part two weeks. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Start making trades to prepare for next year. Tell the coaching staff to suck one. Make this team better for the new staff next year. 

Best example, too stubborn to play Chubb and he has looked darn good the part two weeks. 

Amen.

Coaching staff had their chance and blew it.

Tyrod Taylor had his chance and blew it.

Joe Thomas, Phil Dawson and Joshua Cribbs are no longer a part of the team(The only 3 players in the history of the 'new' Browns who the FO has ever owed and effort to win now)

Right now it is about getting help for our young building blocks for the future.

We need to find better receiving threats to enhance Baker Mayfield's development. A blocking TE would be a nice addition to help Harrison and Hubbard(I believe Baker or/and Tretter are blowing protection calls more than anything right now). I would even look into available guards and tackles depending on the price. If we can bring in a quality swing man for a late round pick. Maybe we can bench one of the two tackles to send a message or afford them time to learn it better off the field then throw them back in down the stretch.

We need to find a DT who can help in the rotation so Ogunjobi is not playing 90% of the snaps. I don't think we need to find a DE because we have Chris Smith who out played Ogbah in his absence, Anthony Zettel who was a Top 12 run stopping DE as a starter in 2017 with 8.5 sacks, and a 3rd round rookie in Chad Thomas, but apparently we do because Williams is refusing to rotate Myles out and he needs that right now.

I think we need to find another CB because Carrie is getting abused out there. I was a fan of almost everyone of our signings and I defended all of them when the mass whining started. I pointed out all the good qualities in these young players. I am going to stand here and  say I was wrong about Carrie. He has been a bum. Unlike Chris Smith who is just flat out not getting a chance but doing nice things when actually on the field I don't think I have seen one good play out of Carrie all year. I wouldn't pay too much for a corner though as we should be getting Gaines and Mitchell back in the coming weeks to close out the season and I have seen great things from both of them.

WR, OT, DT in that order would be my targets. We missed out on Damon Harrison already so I don't know what other DT out there we could get that would fill what we need.

At this point with the season lost, I'm down to just hunker down and wait for the off-season. There won't be many moves we can make right now that put us over the top or anything. I'm in "play it safe" mode now. Tank the season, try to get in range for an Oliver/Bosa selection, and retool the coaching staff, OL, and WR group in the off-season in addition to grabbing that other stud DL.

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

At this point with the season lost, I'm down to just hunker down and wait for the off-season. There won't be many moves we can make right now that put us over the top or anything. I'm in "play it safe" mode now. Tank the season, try to get in range for an Oliver/Bosa selection, and retool the coaching staff, OL, and WR group in the off-season in addition to grabbing that other stud DL.

Facts. I would like to see if they can pull a veteran wr just to give Mayfield some help. But I’m fine just building thru the draft and intelligent FAs. 

Patience is a hard sell for what we’ve been thru as Browns fans, but it’s the right way to build. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All the folks who btched about Sashi and his tanking to get a QB now think tanking for a DT/DE is reasonable because we’re 2-5-1 ? 

I guess the lack of a fighting spirit isn’t only for the defense eh?  ? 

Being honest, I don't think we're going to have to pull any sort of tank job to end up with a top 5 pick. With this coaching staff, I don't see us getting any more than two more wins (Denver/Atlanta and one against Cincy are possibilities). I hope the coach firing comes sooner rather than later. Cleveland entered the game yesterday with a winning strategy using quick passes, screens, getting the ball to playmakers in space, and then completely abandoned it. The penalties, the inability to gameplan and adjust, the game management, etc. are unacceptable. I trust Dorsey and the front office to bring in a coaching staff that can turn this thing around. We should get an early jump on the search and start looking for bargains in the trade market to get young playmakers and get value from guys that aren't included in our building blocks.

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Who have we got that we can get anything for?

Nobody will want any of our guys except the young talent, which I wouldn't part with. I think we sit on our hands here, maybe dealing one of the following guys:

1. Tyrod Taylor

2. Kevin Zeitler

3. Jamie Collins

I'd like to keep Zeitler, but the other two can go. That'd be fine. And I doubt we trade Zeitler given the state of our horrible OL and our desire to keep Baker Mayfield alive, presumably.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not trading a single player on this team who’s under 30.

We need to be adding talent, not trading it easy.

Don’t know how old he is but I would trade Collins because he just doesn’t care.

Also would trade Tyrod and again don’t know how old he is because there is no way he will be here next year

The Tyrod trade is looking like one of the biggest mistakes of the Dorsey tenure so far. I get the rationale, but they had the #1 pick. If they knew it was going to be Baker he should've just been assumed as the starter from day one. Let's say we use a late round pick and move up like 10 spots from that 3rd. We could've grabbed OT Brian O'Neill, CB Isaiah Oliver, or WRs D.J. Chark or James Washington. Even without moving up it could've turned into LB Fred Warner, OT Orlando Brown, or (my picks) WR Michael Gallup or Tre'Quan Smith.

Archived