TNF: Philadelphia Eagles (2-3) @ New York Giants (1-4)

TheKillerNacho

PHI @ NYG  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or more point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Eli Manning
    • Carson Wentz
    • Saquon Barkley
    • Wayne Gallman
    • Darren Sproles
    • Corey Clement
    • Odell Beckham Jr.
    • Sterling Shepard
    • Cody Latimer
    • Alshon Jeffery
    • Kamar Aiken
    • Jordan Matthews
    • Evan Engram
    • Zach Ertz
    • Dallas Goedert
    • Aldrick Rosas
    • Jake Elliott
    • Giants DST
    • Eagles DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2018 at 12:15 AM

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Most coaches don't have long term either. And that definitely plays a part.

They just hired him. This year they could go 0-16 and he won't be fired. Then add how much better he SHOULD be than what is presented.  That is 3 years guaranteed for the HC.

Not fit for every situation but definitely fit for NYG.

Just now, Forge said:

And then you have the fact that he was largely shoehorned with defensive and conservative head coaches (even harbaugh). If Reid is his coach from the start, I believe his career narrative is considerably different. Greatest ever? Of course not. But consistent top 8 - 10 I think so

Andy Reid is a QB whisperer. Dude knows how to coach an offense.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm speaking specific to this scenario. Giants flip 2.2 plus additional assets to bring in Lamar Jackson instead of drafting Will Hernandez (who I'm very high on, BTW).

Well, at that point, you had quoted my comment about QBs being preferred to a slow upbringing. Yeah, I have no issue with the Giants potentially trading up for him, but I think it'd be a mistake to play him this year behind that line and I think it could be a longterm deterrent. I'd prefer to see him protected like he is right now. I think the Ravens are handling him perfectly and I think he'll be much better for it 

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Well, at that point, you had quoted my comment about QBs being preferred to a slow upbringing. Yeah, I have no issue with the Giants potentially trading up for him, but I think it'd be a mistake to play him this year behind that line and I think it could be a longterm deterrent. I'd prefer to see him protected like he is right now. I think the Ravens are handling him perfectly and I think he'll be much better for it 

But then you used Taylor/Mayfield, Peterman/Allen and Bradford/Rosen as your examples.

I'm just following that direction.

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

They just hired him. This year they could go 0-16 and he won't be fired. Then add how much better he SHOULD be than what is presented.  That is 3 years guaranteed for the HC.

Not fit for every situation but definitely fit for NYG.

That's not always how it works. Hue Jackson is the exception.

But having a highly drafted rookie QB would help buy time for almost any coach.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But then you used Taylor/Mayfield, Peterman/Allen and Bradford/Rosen as your examples.

I'm just following that direction.

Right because I responded to ya'll naming now 5 QBs who got better after struggling year one with a bad offensive line by saying teams prefer to bring along QBs slowly. We can probably run around for another few hours with it but I think we'd both agree that it doesn't actually matter.

I don't think Lamar Jackson would start over Eli right now, fwiw, I think anyone who thought about taking Jackson definitely considered this a redshirt year. Going as late as he did is a reflection of GMs and their opinion of how NFL ready he is 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't think Lamar Jackson would start over Eli right now, fwiw, I think anyone who thought about taking Jackson definitely considered this a redshirt year. Going as late as he did is a reflection of GMs and their opinion of how NFL ready he is 

I think he'd start week eight, after their bye. At the latest.

Eli is obviously one of their biggest problems.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think he'd start week eight, after their bye. At the latest.

Eli is obviously one of their biggest problems.

I agree, Eli is their 2nd biggest problem after the offensive line play. I apparently just think Lamar Jackson  is a bigger project than you guys and needs to be protected more than you guys do.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's not always how it works. Hue Jackson is the exception.

But having a highly drafted rookie QB would help buy time for almost any coach.

He signed a 5 year contract. No way would he be fired after the first year and eat 4 years of pay without something disastrous and potentially illegal. They know the roster is FUBAR and expectations were really low in house I'd imagine.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

He signed a 5 year contract. No way would he be fired after the first year and eat 4 years of pay without something disastrous and potentially illegal. They know the roster is FUBAR and expectations were really low in house I'd imagine.

I dunno. We fire coaches all the time, paying them whatever to NOT coach our team. ?

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I agree, Eli is their 2nd biggest problem after the offensive line play. I apparently just think Lamar Jackson  is a bigger project than you guys and needs to be protected more than you guys do.

That's fair. But jobs are always on the line. And every owner isn't as awful and involved as Jerry Jones, but you've gotta think there'd be pressure to get Jackson in games. Especially after a 1-5 start.

Archived