TNF: Philadelphia Eagles (2-3) @ New York Giants (1-4)

TheKillerNacho

PHI @ NYG  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or more point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Eli Manning
    • Carson Wentz
    • Saquon Barkley
    • Wayne Gallman
    • Darren Sproles
    • Corey Clement
    • Odell Beckham Jr.
    • Sterling Shepard
    • Cody Latimer
    • Alshon Jeffery
    • Kamar Aiken
    • Jordan Matthews
    • Evan Engram
    • Zach Ertz
    • Dallas Goedert
    • Aldrick Rosas
    • Jake Elliott
    • Giants DST
    • Eagles DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2018 at 12:15 AM

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Barkley may legitimately be the best back in the NFL already, and yet the Giants are one of the worst teams in the NFL. The FO gambled that Eli still had it, that the OL could improve, and that with all the added weapons they could contend now. That hasn't happened, and now you're stuck taking a QB from a weak class squashed between two strong classes, and delaying your rebuild a year, when you could have had Darnold/Rosen/Allen and developing them right now. The result of this season would be no different with a struggling rookie QB than it is going to be with an elite NFL back, right? 3 or 4 wins? In 1 year the only step forward they've taken is that they now have their RB of the future I guess? (who will probably only have a few years left in the tank by the time a contender is built...) Next year odds are you'll be in the same situation, struggling QB play (this time a young QB learning the game as opposed to a broken down QB who needs to retire). I don't expect any Giants fan, even if they were relatively high on Darnold/Rosen/Allen, to say they regret taking Barkley even though this season is a bust (... even though most only talked themselves into the pick because they thought they could contend), because you can't take emotions out of it. Having a face of a franchise and a special talent does have it's own set of values even if they don't reflect as much in the win column.

I wouldn't say this rookie qb class looks great aside from Baker, who the giants couldn't get anyways. Darnold has an ugly face and he plays like Jay Cutler. They made the right pick. They just suck. 

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Can't believe I watched this entire game. 

I went to an Italian bar where wings are 25 cents each and 22 ounce bears are $3. I still couldn't stay for the entire game. 

Then again i'm sure you watch a whole niners game sooo......

Just now, Jeezla said:

I wouldn't say this rookie qb class looks great aside from Baker, who the giants couldn't get anyways. Darnold has an ugly face and he plays like Jay Cutler. 

Let's go back to right before the draft. Wasn't this considered a pretty strong QB class, and the following one was considered weak, or am I just not remembering things correctly?

2 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

I went to an Italian bar where wings are 25 cents each and 22 ounce bears are $3. I still couldn't stay for the entire game. 

Then again i'm sure you watch a whole niners game sooo......

Haven't watched an entire 49ers game since Jimmy got hurt. Why would I?

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I just don't know how you go into future weeks with Eli as your QB. You're telling your team you don't expect to win if you start him

More like trying to win than expect. Eli was inaccurate on nearly every pass that wasn't a dump off and there were still a number of dump offs that were either too low or too high. He's not the leader of the locker room and the fans/media aren't behind him. There really isn't a good reason for him to start unless there are injuries to every QB on your roster.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We let Trubisky throw five TDs in one half. ?

We're starting three rookies in the secondary (counting the slot), with second year safety Justin Evans starting as well. Grimes has lost a step and should be benched in favor of Ryan "I've had like one good game in my three year career" Smith.

Blaine Gabbert beat us. #Discussion

Sig bet, bruh. 

Just now, Malik said:

More like trying to win than expect. Eli was inaccurate on nearly every pass that wasn't a dump off and there were still a number of dump offs that were either too low or too high. He's not the leader of the locker room and the fans/media aren't behind him. There really isn't a good reason for him to start unless there are injuries to every QB on your roster.

Wholeheartedly agree. Disappointing finish to Eli's career who by all means seems like a genuinely nice guy but he's shot. 

Different expectations and circumstances but look at the offense immediately when Taylor got benched in Cleveland. They looked revitalized. 

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Let's go back to right before the draft. Wasn't this considered a pretty strong QB class, and the following one was considered weak, or am I just not remembering things correctly?

yeah you'd be mortgaging too much to trade up for Rosen, who I think will be the best QB of this draft and why would you want Rosen or Jackson behind this line? That said, they certainly didn't think Solder would be this bad 

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

why would you want Rosen or Jackson behind this line?

Have you ever watched Lamar Jackson?

That's where the mistake was made. Instead of Will Hernandez at 2.2, they should have moved up and drafted Jackson.

Jackson + Saquan + Odell this season? That's worrisome. Next season, with Jackson getting a full year in with Shurmer? That's near unstoppable.

Just now, ET80 said:

Have you ever watched Lamar Jackson?

That's where the mistake was made. Instead of Will Hernandez at 2.2, they should have moved up and drafted Jackson.

Jackson + Saquan + Odell this season? That's worrisome. Next season, with Jackson getting a full year in with Shurmer? That's near unstoppable.

But you have to try to teach Jackson to operate from the pocket before taking off. No QBs fare well in the NFL without that ability. Don't get me wrong, Jackson would definitely be faring much better than eli bledsoe but to trade up for him, I'm not sure 

Archived