TNF: Philadelphia Eagles (2-3) @ New York Giants (1-4)

TheKillerNacho

PHI @ NYG  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or more point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Eli Manning
    • Carson Wentz
    • Saquon Barkley
    • Wayne Gallman
    • Darren Sproles
    • Corey Clement
    • Odell Beckham Jr.
    • Sterling Shepard
    • Cody Latimer
    • Alshon Jeffery
    • Kamar Aiken
    • Jordan Matthews
    • Evan Engram
    • Zach Ertz
    • Dallas Goedert
    • Aldrick Rosas
    • Jake Elliott
    • Giants DST
    • Eagles DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2018 at 12:15 AM

12 hours ago, DawgX said:

I'm not remotely surprised that Shurmur isn't working out. Granted, he certainly didn't have great talent to work with when he was the coach of the Browns, but it was obvious to everyone that he was in way over his head and was simply inept as a head coach.

Its his first year though. He may still work out. 

I am not making any judgements until mid season

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Hate this logic.

Hate it all you want it is true. By the time the Giants build up a halfway decent team around him, his shelf-life will be over. Having just a dominate RB without an elite QB or an elite defense does not lead to wins in today's NFL. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Hate it all you want it is true. By the time the Giants build up a halfway decent team around him, his shelf-life will be over. Having just a dominate RB without an elite QB or an elite defense does not lead to wins in today's NFL. 

You never know. Maybe Gruden trades them Carr and they hit on a couple ol. Or they draft herbert and he ends up good. 

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

still herbert ending up good is what 3 of saquons best years already wasted?

You only need a team to come together for 1 season. That's like saying the rams are wasting aaron Donald because they haven't won yet. 

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its his first year though. He may still work out. 

I am not making any judgements until mid season

Yeah, you can't really judge a coach who's getting dreadful play from his QB. Swap out Eli for someone like Jacoby Brissett and they're at least 3-3 right now.

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

No because I can do that to everyone and prove a point. If we don’t take Saquon, then how the heck do we move the ball down the field at all? That’s that. Secondly, Khalil Mack had great games in Oakland yet it didn’t stop them giving up 30+ points at times, guess you never take a pass rusher in the top 5? He was drafted at 2 with the expectation that the line would be much better than it is. And they were wrong. Find it funny that people act like if we had taken Darnold we all of a sudden would be scoring more points. That’s laughable. You can win many ways in this league, that statement is so generic and lacks so much context 

27 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

No because I can do that to everyone and prove a point. If we don’t take Saquon, then how the heck do we move the ball down the field at all? That’s that. Secondly, Khalil Mack had great games in Oakland yet it didn’t stop them giving up 30+ points at times, guess you never take a pass rusher in the top 5? He was drafted at 2 with the expectation that the line would be much better than it is. And they were wrong. Find it funny that people act like if we had taken Darnold we all of a sudden would be scoring more points. That’s laughable. You can win many ways in this league, that statement is so generic and lacks so much context 

Well the Jets have Darnold and they literally are scoring more points with 2 nobodies at RB and no WR nearly as talented as OBJ or even Sterling Shepard. I fail to see why that is "laughable" because it is actually happening.....

44 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

That is a straw man if I've ever seen one. Even if people are actually saying that, you should know the main argument is that with Darnold or Rosen, you would have your QBOTF. The most important position in football will not be in limbo for your team and a clear timetable for expectations can be set. That whole process has now been essentially delayed a year, no? Barkley is arguably the best RB in the NFL already, but it's not going to stop the Giants from fielding a below average offense and finishing with 12 or 13 Ls. Now I suppose most non-QBs can have the same lack of impact on team/success while being elite if the supporting cast is that poor, but the KEY difference here is we are talking about an RB, inherently less valuable than pretty much every other non-QB position (debatable), with the shortest shelf life of any position (no debate). 

Of course the team would be even worse right now with one of these rookie QBs than they are with Barkley, but what is the difference between 2-14 and 4-12? It also gives you options. Thanks to the Giants whiffing when it came to improving their OL and evaluating Eli's current state and thinking a RB was a missing piece for a contender (I can't see how else you would rationalize that pick), you now have no options in 2018. It is basically Justin Herbert or bust. Giants fans have no choice but to fall in love with Herbert, and I am sure they all coincidentally will from now until the draft since the alternative is a state of hopelessness. Also have to hope Giants can actually manage to put themselves in position for that pick, far from guaranteed with teams like the 49ers, Bills and Cardinals still about, who all would look to force the handful of QB needy teams to bid for the #1 pick.

With all that being said, I don't really want to flat out call the Barkley pick a mistake. Early, but RBs you can generally judge pretty early, and he looks like a HOF talent. Can't call that a mistake. Let's just say it might haunt the Giants, especially if Darnold ends up being a franchise QB and they find themselves in QB purgatory like several teams do for a 10 year stretch. There will be a lot of ifs, lot of hindsight, and the Giants may even look like geniuses if Herbert is a stud who catches on as quickly as a Wentz or Goff and they are rolling out an electric offense by 2020, but gambling that Eli still had it and passing on a QB with the #2 pick for a RB was not a decision I would make, even with the hindsight that this #2 pick is as good as advertise. Unnecessarily risky.

Archived