Stock Investing

rickyt31

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

How do you research these btw? How do you do your HW? Are you a long guy?

I just kinda stumble upon them, and then use yahoo finance to get a rough valuation and find out what the company does. I get into stocks ready to go long, but I mainly stay in them from anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months. I was there with FEAC because I did some SPCE trading in a paper account and got like 100% returns in a month (making me want to stay with the SPACs). With NKLA I actually made a good amount of money, rode it from like 30 to 50.

Also OPENW is criminally undervalued. If the stock were to just stay at the same price for the next month or two, the redemption of the warrants would increase the price by over 50%. It’s my largest holding.

• Like 1

Also, I’ve been in and out of CLSK. Made some nice profit on it. Got in at a great price.. I’ve not done well these last few weeks day trading it! But I feels like 1) I wanna cry because I didn’t have a call on it. 2) Negative effects of trading.. 3) I wish I would have held. And they’ve recently gotten into BITCOIN. And the world is going crazy over Bitcoin. You have people like Cathy Woods who say it’s a trillion dollar investment. And I simply don’t know enough about BITCOIN to get my hands dirty. Maybe I should but I’m just not comfortable.. But man RIOT, SQ and PayPal have been making a killing investing in them.. And Clean spark maybe undervalued atm. How do you guys feel about it? Buy the rumor and sell the news? 

I kinda wanna get back in it for a long hold... 
I still feel it’s undervalued. The bad thing about acquiring those small mining operations is that they cost a fortune to maintain ! So they’re only viable if there’s stupid cash around it to offset the cost. 

Fellas whose in and out? 

here are my buys btw. Just to show you guys that I’m not a BS... Ya boy is many things! But a lier? Never. 

B93-B7-D56-99-CD-475-A-9-D5-A-2-BF7-D13-

D418-E8-D3-E957-475-E-8-F1-B-A850-AF170-

I knew it would go up. I just lacked conviction. Which is why i doubled down on fuel cel and bought 500’ shares. When I get that feeling I should trust myself more. Had the same feeling with tattooed chef at 17$.. Same thing with Yala but that one was nice. More conviction is the theme for 2021.. 

Edited by El Ramster

1 hour ago, UncleAdamz said:

I just kinda stumble upon them, and then use yahoo finance to get a rough valuation and find out what the company does. I get into stocks ready to go long, but I mainly stay in them from anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months. I was there with FEAC because I did some SPCE trading in a paper account and got like 100% returns in a month (making me want to stay with the SPACs). With NKLA I actually made a good amount of money, rode it from like 30 to 50.

Also OPENW is criminally undervalued. If the stock were to just stay at the same price for the next month or two, the redemption of the warrants would increase the price by over 50%. It’s my largest holding.

How long have you been trading Adam’s! Seems like you know your stuff man. You just don’t dive in head first. Love that about you. Might get into open. As MGNI did kinda good for me. But low key I think the housing market won’t do good. I think a ton of people bought houses like crazy! Even if the interest were so low! The prices were jacked up stupidly. I think we might hit a recession! I think all these bail outs will cause more harm than good. BUT WHAT DO I KNOW. 

Also, a good merger I’m watching is JAGX.. 

It’s ran up but with potential to run some more. 

Edited by El Ramster

ORTX is a penny stock I’m pretty interested in. Seems like a long long hold. They just got the green light in EU. They also got a thumbs up from the FDA to do some test runs. Seems like a major long. 

C44-E39-A8-C5-D8-4-F62-8-A41-DDF88538927

80011410-F859-4938-8792-CD6-B726-C439-F.

UEC

NXE

ONTX

Are a few penny stocks that I’ve gotten and seem to be doing well. Probably gonna either leave them be or might add more money.. I really like NXE a lot.. 

Honestly ONTX wtf I should have put so much more in it lol. Dam what a banger. 

Edited by El Ramster

5 hours ago, El Ramster said:

ORTX is a penny stock I’m pretty interested in. Seems like a long long hold. They just got the green light in EU. They also got a thumbs up from the FDA to do some test runs. Seems like a major long. 

C44-E39-A8-C5-D8-4-F62-8-A41-DDF88538927

80011410-F859-4938-8792-CD6-B726-C439-F.

UEC

NXE

ONTX

Are a few penny stocks that I’ve gotten and seem to be doing well. Probably gonna either leave them be or might add more money.. I really like NXE a lot.. 

Honestly ONTX wtf I should have put so much more in it lol. Dam what a banger. 

I just hope your ready to pay that 30-33% tax on your profit come your tax returns for everything you sold for profit. Some people get blindsided and don’t realize they owe that. They think as long as it stays in RH they don’t owe till they take it out lol

Edited by Fresh Prince

44 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I just hope your ready to pay that 30-33% tax on your profit come your tax returns for everything you sold for profit. Some people get blindsided and don’t realize they owe that. They think as long as it stays in RH they don’t owe till they take it out lol

Another reason why I have selling anxiety. 

53 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Another reason why I have selling anxiety. 

It's more like 24-32% short term capital tax depending on your tax bracket and filing status (as of now). Unless your gross income is over 160K. Yes you'll get a more favorable percentage of 20% if you held for more then a year but your capital is locked up in a position and can't be redeployed over and over. 2019 I made close to 10K in profits in my small short term trading accounts. I ended up owing an extra 3K or so in taxes on it. So I just took it out of the account. My profit was still 7K. No way that same amount of capital would have netted 10K if I had just buy and held something.

Now..if a financial transaction tax is passed by the new administration that'll force short term trading to become much harder to churn a profit. If that happens high frequency and algo trading will die off quick. It just won't be sustainable since you'd be taxed on the buy amount, sell amount, and capital gain. That would essentially take away any benefit of short term trading.

Edited by Shockwave
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

It's more like 24-32% short term capital tax depending on your tax bracket and filing status (as of now). Unless your gross income is over 160K. Yes you'll get a more favorable percentage of 20% if you held for more then a year but your capital is locked up in a position and can't be redeployed over and over. 2019 I made close to 10K in profits in my small short term trading accounts. I ended up owing an extra 3K or so in taxes on it. So I just took it out of the account. My profit was still 7K. No way that same amount of capital would have netted 10K if I had just buy and held something.

Now..if a financial transaction tax is passed by the new administration that'll force short term trading to become much harder to churn a profit. If that happens high frequency and algo trading will die off quick. It just won't be sustainable since you'd be taxed on the buy amount, sell amount, and capital gain. That would essentially take away any benefit of short term trading.

Thanks for explaining it better

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Oh for sure. Im Not tripping tbh. I just look at it this way. Had I not used this money I wouldn’t have had the profits.. So if I make 10 I wouldn’t mind paying 2-3k.. And rinse and repeat. 

I also sell shoes on the side side. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I wish I could have a beer with you bro. You stay in New York? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I wish I could have a beer with you bro. You stay in New York? 

I'm in MA/RI actually. My grandfather was a Giants fan when he was a kid because the Pats weren't established yet and the Gmen were the home team in the area, so I ended up watching Gmen games with him when I was a kid 😎

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I'm in MA/RI actually. My grandfather was a Giants fan when he was a kid because the Pats weren't established yet and the Gmen were the home team in the area, so I ended up watching Gmen games with him when I was a kid 😎

Oooof. He cursed you lol. At least you got to flex when the Gmen beat them twice lol. You get a lot of hate being a Giants fan out there?