Stock Investing

rickyt31

13 hours ago, El Ramster said:

How long have you been trading Adam's! Seems like you know your stuff man. You just don’t dive in head first. Love that about you. Might get into open. As MGNI did kinda good for me. But low key I think the housing market won’t do good. I think a ton of people bought houses like crazy! Even if the interest were so low! The prices were jacked up stupidly. I think we might hit a recession! I think all these bail outs will cause more harm than good. BUT WHAT DO I KNOW. 

I haven't really been investing my my own money for that long, only since May. Before that I just had fun trading in simulation accounts, and kind of learned there. I've probably began to become a much better investor recently, as I think I just got kind of lucky for the first few months or so. Honestly I have no idea where the housing market is going, but I'm not really in OPENW for the really long term so it's more just riding the momentum until warrant redemption.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Oooof. He cursed you lol. At least you got to flex when the Gmen beat them twice lol. You get a lot of hate being a Giants fan out there?

Before the two SB wins not much hate at all.. after... had to take the NY sticker off my vehicle. Got keyed multiple times lol. I like the Pats and watch their games...just like the Gmen more.

@Shockwave what plays you have cooking today? 

Heh I got stung this morning. Amazon looked like it was going to sell off nice out of the gate so jumped into a put. Went against me quick and hard so had to bail. I'm shocked this market is so happy right now considering the results last night. But I guess near term stimulus carries more weight then personal and corporate tax increase possibilities.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I'm shocked this market is so happy right now considering the results last night.

Goldman and a few other big banks came out with pre-election guidance saying this precise scenario would spur short term growth. This isn't just you, a lot of public opinion agrees with you, but I'm surprised the market response was surprising.

Same thing happened with the fed and interest rates a few years back. They tell people what they're going to do, and then the market is shocked when they follow through.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Goldman and a few other big banks came out with pre-election guidance saying this precise scenario would spur short term growth. This isn't just you, a lot of public opinion agrees with you, but I'm surprised the market response was surprising.

Same thing happened with the fed and interest rates a few years back. They tell people what they're going to do, and then the market is shocked when they follow through.

You’re still staying long even if the market goes down?

Just now, El Ramster said:

You’re still staying long even if the market goes down?

I don't change my investment strategy based on day to day market noise. I haven't changed it in years - it's been identical through a pandemic, a trade war, a few real wars, the back end of a housing crisis, a few presidential administrations, and my own income changing in the decade I've been working. That's what investing is.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't change my investment strategy based on day to day market noise. I haven't changed it in years - it's been identical through a pandemic, a trade war, a few real wars, the back end of a housing crisis, a few presidential administrations, and my own income changing in the decade I've been working. That's what investing is.

Same. Long term holds, buy on the down, make sure I'm putting in at least what I did the year before, etc. My strategy has not changed at all and my net worth is over 10x what it was 4 years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Baffles me this all happened and somehow the market finished up 400+ points. Just goes to show the market is completely out of touch with real world events.

Hey Breh! THESE ANTIFAS, PRO TRUMPET PLAYERS AINT GETTING IN THE WAY OF THE GAINS BREH! 

• Like 1