Stock Investing

rickyt31

7 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Do you live in OH? Did you buy season tickets for the browns?

Thanks for all of the above before this! :)

Yes, I live in Ohio, in the Dayton area. No to the season tickets...it's a 3-3.5 hour drive one way to Cleveland. I try to make it to a game every/every other year, but I tune in every Sunday.

58 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

It’s a 80-90$ play for me tbh. I think it’s great. Got in at 33$ and started to avg up. I wish I had built out my position cheaper. Just didn’t think it would grow. Same with Ally. I’m really liking ally a lot... I just hate avg up. I feel like I’m cheating myself lmao. I love watching the avg cost low. 

That’s how I feel with my position with NIO It’s nothing major, but I want to increase my position but I also do not want to see my avg position go up.

Wait for the dips I guess?

Or am I making it a bigger deal than it is since I’m in it for the long haul. 

7 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

That’s how I feel with my position with NIO It’s nothing major, but I want to increase my position but I also do not want to see my avg position go up.

Wait for the dips I guess?

Or am I making it a bigger deal than it is since I’m in it for the long haul. 

If you’re long it’s not a big deal.. If you’re in it for a quick flip you’ll wanna buy on the dip... People love avg up on a stock they love and believe in. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

If you’re long it’s not a big deal.. If you’re in it for a quick flip you’ll wanna buy on the dip... People love avg up on a stock they love and believe in. 

That’s interesting I’d figure people would always love to avg down no matter what but I guess there’s a point to where you can avg down if you want to increase your position. 

56 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

That’s interesting I’d figure people would always love to avg down no matter what but I guess there’s a point to where you can avg down if you want to increase your position. 

If you can always avg down that’s great but if you can’t,  it’s not bad to avg up as long as your not raising it to high at once.

I started with NIO at 13 but now my avg is 24, after I kept buying more as the stock went up

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I just realized how good that flowchart is, and to be honest, how thankful that I am that I basically did MOST of this without any real help.

Yup. It's pretty much all you need. Either you know what it says and can go from there, or you have a one stop shop with all the terms you need to google.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

8. Also, some will vehemently disagree with my approach on this, but I currently have about 3-4 very cheap group term life insurance policies on myself that will expire in about 10-20 years. I spend about $200-$250 a year for a total of about $650K-$700K on life insurance (for me). I maxed out the amount that I could get on all of those policies without a medical exam. So, essentially, if something happened to me, my wife and kids would get all of that, another $30K a year in survivor benefits from my pension. She could either pay off the house and invest the rest, because I know how paranoid she's going to be with a sizeable mortgage payment (hence the extra policy added last year), but I showed her the compound interest calculator and showed her that she could just pull $49K a year with a 7% return (last year with our 30% it would have been $210K LOL) and then aggressively payoff the loan without digging into the principal...and now she's all in on compound interest. 

Life insurance with 3 kids, a wife, and a house isn't stupid at all. Honestly, I'm surprised you don't have more of it given that you guys tend to err on the conservative side - which makes sense, I'm just saying I would have guessed 2 commas at least. Term life is cheap as hell and if you have too much, so then great each kid can go to therapy or private school or something. What's the relative cost difference here, like $100/year between the top of the line plan and the baseline? Meh. That's savings account interest money.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yup. It's pretty much all you need. Either you know what it says and can go from there, or you have a one stop shop with all the terms you need to google.

Life insurance with 3 kids, a wife, and a house isn't stupid at all. Honestly, I'm surprised you don't have more of it given that you guys tend to err on the conservative side - which makes sense, I'm just saying I would have guessed 2 commas at least. Term life is cheap as hell and if you have too much, so then great each kid can go to therapy or private school or something. What's the relative cost difference here, like $100/year between the top of the line plan and the baseline? Meh. That's savings account interest money.

Oh, I meant disagree about group term vs. rolling it all into your investments as well. Group term for me is a no brainer, because let's say I'm insured through 53-55. My 3 kids, Lord willing, will be through college, and potentially even married, and my house will be paid off. My wife will then get my pension and our 20-25 year investment portfolio, so if all I have is $100-$200K then, she'll have a LOT of other things by that time.

If it were to happen now, she'll be very set. $700K cumulative for $250 a year is a steal. I didn't do more than that because I'd have to get into family history and a bunch of tests, and given that my dad and his dad didn't see 60 (my died suddenly died at 52 of massive heart failure), that's about my max until I'd have to be paying a decent chunk more. So, I have maxed out all 3 of those baseline policies for that reason. :) 

So, the next time I'm offered another $300K for $15 a month pretax, I'll jump on that too. 

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

If you can always avg down that’s great but if you can’t,  it’s not bad to avg up as long as your not raising it to high at once.

I started with NIO at 13 but now my avg is 24, after I kept buying more as the stock went up

I love you babe 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UncleAdamz said:

Nice. I remember trading it when it was still FEAC in the 15 range, it was the second big SPAC after SPCE. Unfortunately looked away for a bit and it shot up. Same thing with APPS around $5.

How do you research these btw? How do you do your HW? Are you a long guy?

Ditched CCL at a little loss, don’t care to sit on it. Sold a few HL and MT to buy some BBI which is supposed to have a day tomorrow. Might sell profit of BBI tomorrow and get back into what I sold of HL and MT if they drop 

Edit: might get more CCL at a later time which is a stupid risk but once covids in the past I bearishly think it rises pretty quickly as people flock to do things they couldnt before 

Edited by Ty21

58 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Ditched CCL at a little loss, don’t care to sit on it. Sold a few HL and MT to buy some BBI which is supposed to have a day tomorrow. Might sell profit of BBI tomorrow and get back into what I sold of HL and MT if they drop 

Edit: might get more CCL at a later time which is a stupid risk but once covids in the past I bearishly think it rises pretty quickly as people flock to do things they couldnt before 

I think you sold MT and HL at the wrong times. They’ve been sleeping and I think they’re going to run up.. I think VALE, HL, MP and MT are going to be lit on fire soon. Didn’t sell my 6$ call on HL it dipped yesterday so I’m kinda happy. Sold MT because I saw it dip but the girl came right back up. 

27-B010-B3-3120-4687-B74-D-91-A92-B61354

Had 72 contracts on HL. Down to my last 10. 

Edited by El Ramster

22 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I think you sold MT and HL at the wrong times. They’ve been sleeping and I think they’re going to run up.. I think VALE, HL, MP and MT are going to be lit on fire soon. Didn’t sell my 6$ call on HL it dipped yesterday so I’m kinda happy. Sold MT because I saw it dip but the girl came right back up. 

I only sold a few of each, just to buy an okay amount of BBI. If BBI hits and HL and MT stay roughly the same I can just up my investment in both after selling off BBI

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I only sold a few of each, just to buy an okay amount of BBI. If BBI hits and HL and MT stay roughly the same I can just up my investment in both after selling off BBI

Did you catch BBI on the run up? 

hope the best for you my buddy. Make that paper my love..