Tyreek Hill

Nozizaki

I'm so happy with how he played last night, just because it showcased some of his best skills that so many people didn't know that he has developed. The hands through contact, the body control on the sideline catches, and his release off the line on the TD. He's no Hopkins by any means, but he has better hands, body control, and catch radius than people expect. He's now top 5, IMO.

As I said earlier in the thread...the red zone is the entire field when you’re Tyreek Hill. He’s the best deep threat I’ve seen in my two decades of watching the NFL. 

The amount of talented skilled position players is just nuts right now...especially at the WR and RB positions. The depth of top end talent may be the best the league has ever seen. 

It's not even the fact that he's a great deep threat.  I said this before, but Hill has really good hands and can actually run routes.  He's essentially uncover-able for any player 1v1.  His quickness and speed demand supreme respect, but Hill is also not afraid to get dirty so you can use him on screens, end-arounds, and any route in the route tree.  He's honestly probably a top 4 WR in the league with Beckham, Brown and Jones.

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Moss was just dofferent...he was unbelievable on contested deep balls, Hill simply flies by people. Both are better deep threats than Johnson

Yeah, no. Moss had basically the same speed as Hill along with freakish leaping ability and he was able to catch everything. Megatron was the same but trade a little speed for much more physicality. 

Hill is the best deep threat today but not on those guys’ level. Those two are debatably the GOAT deep ball receivers.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, no. Moss had basically the same speed as Hill along with freakish leaping ability and he was able to catch everything. Megatron was the same but trade a little speed for much more physicality. 

Hill is the best deep threat today but not on those guys’ level. Those two are debatably the GOAT deep ball receivers.

Yeah, I'll never forget the way Calvin could still make plays even when you double and tripled him.

It’s fortunate Smith is gone and Hill plays with a quarterback who can hit him wherever  he’s open.  It is frustrating watching guys like Desean and Mike Wallace play when they have limited qbs.  

Hill appears to be a tier above those two, which is saying a lot.  He is almost on a Hester/Hall level with the ball in his hands.

27 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Moss is probably the GOAT...Calvin’s not. Hill has been more impressive albeit with a much smaller sample size 

45 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Moss is probably the GOAT...Calvin’s not. Hill has been more impressive albeit with a much smaller sample size 

How has Hill been more impressive? 

Johnson sacrificed a little speed (and I do mean a little, he still ran a 4.35) for major size, strength, and contested catch ability. Hill has a lot to show before he’s on Megatron’s level.

19 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

How has Hill been more impressive? 

Johnson sacrificed a little speed (and I do mean a little, he still ran a 4.35) for major size, strength, and contested catch ability. Hill has a lot to show before he’s on Megatron’s level.

Deep threat. You’re missing the key two words of my post

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Deep threat. You’re missing the key two words of my post

I’m not. Calvin was a better deep threat than Hill. Even if you were fast enough to keep up with Megatron, he’s going to out jump you or out muscle you for the ball. 

Speed isn’t all there is to getting deep.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not. Calvin was a better deep threat than Hill. Even if you were fast enough to keep up with Megatron, he’s going to out jump you or out muscle you for the ball. 

Speed isn’t all there is to getting deep.

Football isn’t a math equation. We’ll agree to disagree. It’s thanksgiving and prefer to not have circular arguments today

Archived