Tyreek Hill

Nozizaki

On 17/10/2018 at 3:27 AM, showtime said:

I really like Hill.  He's not only fast, but he has really good technique.  Good route runner and good hands.  Most guys who have speed anywhere near what he has are just track stars and not great football players - Hill is the opposite of that.  With all that said, I'm taking Odell Beckham Jr. over Hill without a doubt.  Hill is up there with the other best WR's in the game, though.

I actually think his hands are above average at best to be honest. He's just so explosive and a quick twitch route runner so he creates separation to have a lot of uncontested catches. 

I've never seen a player with his quick twitch speed but also a nouse for the game. Trindon Holliday  could run a straight line as quick, but he had no feel for the game on Offense (and he was smaller). Combine that with how quick he gets out of his routes, he doesn't need to be a contested catch type player.

He's destroyed Denver many times in his short career, and I imagine there will be plenty more. Sigh.

20 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
DeAndre Hopkins
ODB
Michael Thomas
AJ Green
Adam Thielen
Tyreek Hill

This is my current list. You can shuffle guys 3-7 around anywhere basically.

I'd personally put Keenan Allen ahead of Thielen/Hill, but with Thielen/Hill having their arrows pointing "up" vs Allen at a "holding even". But, this is pretty spot-on to how I would rank 'em.

57 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm not sure he's the best receiver on his own team.

Something @jrry32 could answer for us. 

We were having that discussion in our forum. No real consensus on who is the best. Cooks is the most dynamic, Woods is the most well rounded, and Kupp is the most trusted imo. All three are pretty equal in terms of impact. Kupp might be the most important, but that's because he's Goff's go-to guy when Goff is feeling the heat.

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I actually think his hands are above average at best to be honest. He's just so explosive and a quick twitch route runner so he creates separation to have a lot of uncontested catches. 

I've never seen a player with his quick twitch speed but also a nouse for the game. Trindon Holliday  could run a straight line as quick, but he had no feel for the game on Offense (and he was smaller). Combine that with how quick he gets out of his routes, he doesn't need to be a contested catch type player.

He's destroyed Denver many times in his short career, and I imagine there will be plenty more. Sigh.

Yeah hes one of those guys who doesn't have a high drop rate, but a lot of balls aren't "clean" catches. I don't think he's got great hands but I guess when you're nitpicking "ugly" catches it cant be that bad.

Currently sitting at 4th in receiving yards. And a 5-way tie for first place at TDs. 

Great route runner

Great hands

Great ability to highpoint the football(especially at his height)

Elite speed and quickness

Elite at tracking the football

Hes top 5 for me. Hes the only guy on the Chiefs Belicheck was impressed with. You have to double-cover the Cheetah. Or youll be burned all day.

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Currently sitting at 4th in receiving yards. And a 5-way tie for first place at TDs. 

Great route runner

Great hands

Hes top 5 for me. Hes the only guy on the Chiefs Belicheck was impressed with. You have to double-cover the Cheetah. Or youll be burned all day.

We did, and he still caused malfunctions. Right NOW (which is how I thought this forum ranked things) he's top 3. Easily. If you take career and other factors into account, top 10.

I think he's fringe top 5. 

Biggest strike against him is once you are in the red zone he's not as much of a threat anymore.

It will be interesting to see if the Chiefs will want to continue to use him on special teams going forward. He's an unbelievable returner but it's also a big injury risk.

19 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Great route runner

Great hands

I think he is the fastest human being I have ever seen on a football field. He must run 9.8 or 9.9 in 100 meters.

On 10/16/2018 at 11:17 AM, Danger said:

Perhaps top 10?

Receivers I'd take before him without thinking twice.

Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
AJ Green
Michael Thomas
DeAndre Hopkins
Davante Adams

Then you have a plethora of maybes:
Stefon Diggs
Odell Beckham (Mostly because of attitude)
Mike Evans
Robert Woods
Keenan Allen

Among a few others I'm probably missing.

This, though I don't think Davante Adams is anything special. And I Would move OBJ up to that first tier. Simply put, there will always be track guys who emerge. Give me a few years to see if he's another DeSean Jackson so annointing him top 3-5 based on 2 huge games this season is ridiculous. 

32 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

This, though I don't think Davante Adams is anything special. And I Would move OBJ up to that first tier. Simply put, there will always be track guys who emerge. Give me a few years to see if he's another DeSean Jackson so annointing him top 3-5 based on 2 huge games this season is ridiculous. 

I think most people are anointing him based on his immense talent, not necessarily just those stats.

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I think most people are anointing him based on his immense talent, not necessarily just those stats.

Also, there's a full season of tape from 2017 that shows Tyreke Hill is a better WR than DeSean Jackson ever was. 

Tbh I think it's actually pretty stupid of a thing to say that Hill hasn't proven yet that he " isn't just gonna be another DeSean Jackson". 

I mean wow. @BlaqOptic....typecast much? Tyreke Hill is the next Tyreke Hill. You can't compare him to any other WR because frankly there is no WR in NFL history like him at this point. 

22 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Also, there's a full season of tape from 2017 that shows Tyreke Hill is a better WR than DeSean Jackson ever was. 

Tbh I think it's actually pretty stupid of a thing to say that Hill hasn't proven yet that he " isn't just gonna be another DeSean Jackson". 

I mean wow. @BlaqOptic....typecast much? Tyreke Hill is the next Tyreke Hill. You can't compare him to any other WR because frankly there is no WR in NFL history like him at this point. 

Hahahahahaha, relax.

Archived