Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

Just now, HuskieBear said:

I'm much more confident in CD4 than any other backup we've had, except that weird McNown stretch of games in '13. If it comes down to it, I'd rather MT10 sit this game and the NYG game and be good to go for the Rams in week 14. The ol' KM52 heal 'em up plan

Assuming that mitch isn't good to start, of course. Still would rather have mitch than chase

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

“The Bears are preparing as if they will be without Trubisky in Detroit, though he is fighting to play, sources said”

- Biggs

I love this on both sides.  For coaches and management, youre more important for where we want to get to, we need you at you best.  For Trubisky this is my team and I need to be in their fighting alongside the rest of my guys.  

For me the decision would come down to three things.  Is it going to get worse, can he protect himself, and can he execute the offense.  If the answers are no, yes, yes.  Let him play.  Getting the 3rd win in the division, and getting to 8 wins is really going to put a stranglehold on the division and is going to get them really close to locking the division up.

20 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Based on everything I heard, I don’t think he plays on Thursday. 

Run the ball 40 times, coach.

Three random points per 40 rushes and Mitch possibly missing the game.

Trubisky has the second most rushing yards on the team.

How's "not a fit for this offense" Howard looking now?

What if Daniel goes 30-35 for 270 yards 3 tds and no picks and we have a new QB debate (but the good kind this time)?

1 minute ago, 51to54 said:

What if Daniel goes 30-35 for 270 yards 3 tds and no picks and we have a new QB debate (but the good kind this time)?

There wont be any debate

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

There wont be any debate

I agree. Just saying it would be the like the British marching out of Yorktown playing "The World Turned Upside Down" per Bears' QB situation.

It's always been which bum do we start. Not which productive QB do we start.

I'm steadily retreating to this place as my Bears news and discussion, because while there wouldn't be any serious debate HERE on Daniel as a starter,  you can be assured that out THERE his first completion is going to have some toad hitting up facebook to post "Daniels so much bettah, give him a chance!" 

I hope he does look good, and wins the game, and I have zero doubt that everyone on the team would still be happy for as they wait for Mitch to get back

22 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

1) True

2) Has he proven that he is? Just because he’s going to get a large amount of carries tomorrow doesn’t make him a fit by disqualification.

3) There would be no debate. That’s the most Chicago thing that can be said. “What if the QB who’s never thrown an NFL touchdown has one good game?! Then we can maybe debate who should start!”

If Daniel plays well then he can make 3-5 million for the next 5 years as Mitch's backup.

If Daniel can win the game, or a couple of games, he is simply extending his time in Chicago and time as Mitch's mentor. If he beats Detroit he will have proven to be an above average backup.

If he wins and plays well I am fine with Pace even extending him a couple of years, but right now he is more mentor than backup, that may change Thursday.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If Daniel plays well then he can make 3-5 million for the next 5 years as Mitch's backup.

If Daniel can win the game, or a couple of games, he is simply extending his time in Chicago and time as Mitch's mentor. If he beats Detroit he will have proven to be an above average backup.

If he wins and plays well I am fine with Pace even extending him a couple of years, but right now he is more mentor than backup, that may change Thursday.

The Bears certainly gave a lot of money to Daniels this offseason for a guy who has only thrown for a grand total of 480 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in 9 NFL seasons.  

Nagy seems confident in him though so we'll see if he's indeed forced to start for Mitch.

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Schefter says it’s a sprained AC joint and if the game was Sunday, he would play.

Ya usually it's a 2-3 week injury if it's not severe.  Makes sense not to risk him on such a short week where it's going to be a tough game regardless.  Bears got screwed by the NFL on this one with the flex last week.

Selfishly I wish he was playing, but shoot... he misses one game and ostensibly gets two bye weeks (13 full days) between NFL starts.

I'm good with it... and really I think him watching the game from the sidelines will give him another perspective on the game.

One thing that no one is mentioning about Trubs is how him running the ball might be more of a detriment than an advantage long term.  Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that he is super mobile and agile, and the hit by Harrison was dirty regardless, but he either needs to tone it down on the running part or learn how to slide better because if he continues at this rate it's only inevitable he will suffer a more serious injury.  See Wentz last year.

13 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

One thing that no one is mentioning about Trubs is how him running the ball might be more of a detriment than an advantage long term.  Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that he is super mobile and agile, and the hit by Harrison was dirty regardless, but he either needs to tone it down on the running part or learn how to slide better because if he continues at this rate it's only inevitable he will suffer a more serious injury.  See Wentz last year.

Incorrect, I mention it like crazy every time he takes off and everyone is sick of me saying it.  Had my neighbors kid look at me and say "he's going to be OK don't worry man."  Kids 5. 

QB is risky enough without all the scrambles.  

Whether Nagy asks him to pull it back a little bit in the future probably depends on how much this injury costs the Bears.  He can say "be you" all you want, but if he misses more than Lions I bet Nagy gets in his ear after 10's next bail-out run.

Archived