Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

On 10/16/2018 at 3:07 PM, incognito_man said:

Wait...people actually think we might lose this game?

Biggest no-brainer win of the year for anyi who has been following this team since MM and Aaron took over.

Sheesh you people.

Nice I rather take this sig bet lmk. 

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

let's get it boy since you won't ever make my god damn sig 

You want these hands too? Finny baby I’ve made you suffer. But I guess you must love the way I undress you. Gentle yet with a heavy hand. 

Im almost done with your Ugly sig too I hate it. 

Just now, El ramster said:

You want these hands too? Funny baby I’ve made you suffer. But I guess you must love the way I undress you. Gentle yet with a heavy hand. 

this time actually get me banned, not just a warning you soft bag of cheese, im tryna end my message board existence 

11 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

this time actually get me banned, not just a warning you soft bag of cheese, im tryna end my message board existence 

Omg those eagle fans went in lol. Nah bro I love you too much. 

one of the few pure good souls in this toxic wasteland. 

11 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Omg those eagle fans went in lol. Nah bro I love you too much. 

one of the few pure good souls in this toxic wasteland. 

i've never seen someone on a message board get as much heat as i got in that 1 hour period lmao. there's been a couple eagles fans that know me on this site solely from that incident & reference it when we come across each other still 

avi bet tho homie i'm down 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

From ESPN:

The SuperBook at the Westgate Las Vegas opened the Green Bay Packers as 8.5-point underdogs in Week 8. If the line stands, it would represent the largest total by which Rodgers has been an underdog in his career, per ESPN Stats & Information data, and biggest since the Packers were 8-point underdogs to the Seattle Seahawks in 2014.

That's nuts. Packers shouldn't be anywhere near that big of an underdog.

59 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's nuts. Packers shouldn't be anywhere near that big of an underdog.

I honestly never pay attention to point spreads and such cause I dont bet on the games. I made the initial post only because of the "historic" nature of the spread.
There's no denying the LAR are playing really well - whereas the GBPs have been spotty. Heard tonight that Donald doubled his sack total (?) or something like that. He got four sacks today versus SF. Overall the team got seven sacks. We better implement the quick passing game or I fear ARs gonna get crushed. 

We should be able to score points on them - but I wonder what we're gonna do with Brice and crew on the back end as the Rams like to chuck it deep. They scored 39 today against SF - but looking the scoring plays over there's nothing "explosive" about them and the yardage totals arent that high: 185 passing (w/2TDs) / 146 rushing (w2TDs). Time of possession: 32.51 mins. Not sure how the game played out.

I think 7-9 points sounds right. They would be a 4-6 point favorite on a neutral and then you give the 3 for being at home. They were -7 against MN a few weeks ago

With that said I think we can hang and give them a game. A TO or positive game flow goes a long ways. Through 6 weeks we lead the league in fg attempts and were 4th and yards per game (15th in points). This team needs to just finish 1 more more drive a game to get into the top teir  O discussion. The D is in the 16-22 range which is good enough with a top O

6 hours ago, Leader said:

I honestly never pay attention to point spreads and such cause I dont bet on the games. I made the initial post only because of the "historic" nature of the spread.
There's no denying the LAR are playing really well - whereas the GBPs have been spotty. Heard tonight that Donald doubled his sack total (?) or something like that. He got four sacks today versus SF. Overall the team got seven sacks. We better implement the quick passing game or I fear ARs gonna get crushed. 

We should be able to score points on them - but I wonder what we're gonna do with Brice and crew on the back end as the Rams like to chuck it deep. They scored 39 today against SF - but looking the scoring plays over there's nothing "explosive" about them and the yardage totals arent that high: 185 passing (w/2TDs) / 146 rushing (w2TDs). Time of possession: 32.51 mins. Not sure how the game played out.

SF took away the deep ball. They stayed in C-3 shells basically the entire night. We ate them up in the intermediate range instead. We're not like KC in that we tend to eat you up with long TDs. Our style is to take 15 to 30 yard chunk plays. And we get those surprisingly easily. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

SF took away the deep ball. They stayed in C-3 shells basically the entire night. We ate them up in the intermediate range instead. We're not like KC in that we tend to eat you up with long TDs. Our style is to take 15 to 30 yard chunk plays. And we get those surprisingly easily. 

Speaking of KC - they just *smoked* CIN last night. I wasnt watching it exclusively - cant remember what the hell I was watching - but I'd check back in every few minutes and their lead was just getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Had to be a bad night to be a player on Cincy's D. It got late real early.....and kept getting darker. 

Well - I submit we play the "intermediate game plan" again. I dont think AR will have time for the deep stuff and if we execute we can maintain possession (win time of possession) and hopefully put points on the board. LA's well situated with Gurley and enough deep threats to challenge a D across the field. Better to keep the ball away from them - and cover / tackle like hell when we're on D.

6 hours ago, Leader said:

McVey gets a lot of credit for being innovative on offense, but he has a huge advantage by having a complete list of threats.  Teams have to be able to stop a dynamic passing game and a top running back who can function as a receiver as well.  By having both, it really makes the play action game extremely effective.

Tough assignment for the defense- will need best games out of both the DB's in coverage and the DL in the run game.

Archived