Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

McVey gets a lot of credit for being innovative on offense, but he has a huge advantage by having a complete list of threats.  Teams have to be able to stop a dynamic passing game and a top running back who can function as a receiver as well.  By having both, it really makes the play action game extremely effective. Tough assignment for the defense- will need best games out of both the DB's in coverage and the DL in the run game.

I agree :)

10 hours ago, Leader said:

From ESPN:

The SuperBook at the Westgate Las Vegas opened the Green Bay Packers as 8.5-point underdogs in Week 8. If the line stands, it would represent the largest total by which Rodgers has been an underdog in his career, per ESPN Stats & Information data, and biggest since the Packers were 8-point underdogs to the Seattle Seahawks in 2014.

Ironically, in the other 4 games listed in the article where the Packers were the biggest underdogs, we are 2-2, including the meltdown loss to Seattle.

They seem to have done better as huge underdogs than the point spread would suggest.  Different team with different players, but it suggests that Aaron Rodgers can overcome some bad odds.

24 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

McVey gets a lot of credit for being innovative on offense, but he has a huge advantage by having a complete list of threats.  Teams have to be able to stop a dynamic passing game and a top running back who can function as a receiver as well.  By having both, it really makes the play action game extremely effective.

Tough assignment for the defense- will need best games out of both the DB's in coverage and the DL in the run game.

I mean, he did earn that credit. He took the Rams from last to first in scoring offense in his first year. ;)

As for Gurley, I think the most impressive thing about him is that he's arguably the NFL's best pass protecting HB.

I seem to jinx players on my fan duel teams.

Should I take Goff and Gurley this week?  Maybe the Rams defense?  That is about the only chance I see GB as having.  Even when the Rams take GB lightly, they will still win by 2 scores and GB will make it look closer in the second half than it really is....

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Not in scoring offense. They were 3rd.

Are we talking about only the regular season? And if you're going to get that technical, it's worth pointing out that the Rams and Eagles both sat their starters in Week 17. The Patriots played theirs. If you take that into account, the Rams were #1 in scoring offense with 28.1 PPG, the Patriots were #2 at 27.9 PPG, and the Eagles were #3 at 27.7 PPG. Of course, that's getting very technical (which seems to be your goal here). ;)

It doesn't matter because Reggie White is bored up in heaven and he's been given God's blessing to possess Reggie Gilbert.  That should happen momentarily here.  Reggie White Gilbert is going to be set loose on the Rams and the shock is going to be so severe that the Rams will just fall apart completely.  Six sacks from Gilbert, two picks from Alexander, Rams will score 0 points. 

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Are we talking about only the regular season? And if you're going to get that technical, it's worth pointing out that the Rams and Eagles both sat their starters in Week 17. The Patriots played theirs. If you take that into account, the Rams were #1 in scoring offense with 28.1 PPG, the Patriots were #2 at 27.9 PPG, and the Eagles were #3 at 27.7 PPG. Of course, that's getting very technical (which seems to be your goal here). ;)

Yes. That was my only point since I stated "point still stands".

Your claim didn't seem right to me, I didn't remember the Rams being the top scoring offense so I took a minute to check. Thought you might want to k kw tour error, so I commented.

Archived