Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Give it up AG. I agree with you - but if AJ doesnt isnt on the field all the time - or getting the ball 2 out of every 3 downs - MM is a dummy and needs to be fired.
It's mindless drivel....but it is what it is and its not gonna go away.

Mindless?  Nah.  

I'd love to see someone make the case that this backfield should be RB by committee at this point.  

88 hasn't done **** all season.  30 will put his head down and run down the back of his OL for 3 yards.  (Would have been helpful on the 1/2 yard line tbh.)

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

Tbh our special teams played damn good today until that fumble by Ty

What? The punting was awful, Tramon being a worthless pile back there led to the safety and our return game is non existent. Our KO and punt coverage is the only thing that was acceptable.

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Outside of special teams, I thought we played well today. The D only gave up 27 to the best O in football. You can’t really expect much more.

Slight correction.

We scored 27.
Unfortunately, they scored 29.
Lower than there average - but still - a loser.

Since week 2 we've been beaten badly by the Redskins/Lions and have only beaten the Bills and a list minute squeaker against the 49ers.  They looked better today but still couldn't put it together and get a win.  That is just not the resume of a good team.  The defense has some good young talent on it and is new so I expect them to keep getting better through out the season but wtf is the offense still a crap show with no identity for at least half of every game.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

What? The punting was awful, Tramon being a worthless pile back there led to the safety and our return game is non existent. Our KO and punt coverage is the only thing that was acceptable.

I think the coverage was a little more than acceptable.  The rest was absolute garbage though.  Well I suppose Crosby went 2 for 2 so that's always good.

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Just like everyone complaining about Aaron Jones not getting the ball enough, but hey that cost us the game right? 9_9

Not today, but clearly the mindless driveling idiots who have been pounding the keyboard for 33 to get more carries for the last 5 weeks aren't exactly mindless driveling idiots.  

12 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I mean, this isn't about rotation here, we just didn't run the ball enough straight up. 4 carries for your 2nd RB is pretty normal tbh.

Yes, it is about rotation.

Ty was on the field to begin several series.

Why?

What value has Ty brought to the RB position the past two seasons that would require him to be on the field to start a series instead of Jones or Williams?

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Honestly, I dont think he's got the legs for the game anymore.
Having him taking these extra snaps on STs probably isnt helping his secondary work - where it really counts.

2 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Mindless?  Nah.  

I'd love to see someone make the case that this backfield should be RB by committee at this point.  

88 hasn't done **** all season.  30 will put his head down and run down the back of his OL for 3 yards.  (Would have been helpful on the 1/2 yard line tbh.)

75% of the carries going to one back isn't a freaking committee. Why didn't everyone moan when Lacy was taken off the field for the clearly inferior Starks? Because you can't run a single player every play. Man this Jones crap has turned half our fanbases brains into mush.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Yes, it is about rotation.

Ty was on the field to begin several series.

Why?

What value has Ty brought to the RB position the past two seasons that would require him to be on the field to start a series instead of Jones or Williams?

He is a great receiver out of the backfield

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Honestly, I dont think he's got the legs for the game anymore.
Having him taking these extra snaps on STs probably isnt helping his secondary work - where it really counts.

Tramon? No. If our coaches were good and didn't live in "veteran" land where experience is more valuable than play Tramon would be CB #5. He's clearly done.

Just now, Cheech said:

Not today, but clearly the mindless driveling idiots who have been pounding the keyboard for 33 to get more carries for the last 5 weeks aren't exactly mindless driveling idiots.

Yes they are when they make the point CONTINUALLY - even when its not applicable.

Have a take? Fine make it. Wanna make it over and over and over and over and over and over and over - in each and every instance when it actually doesnt apply? Thats "fan driven" drivel.

Monty definitely has had ball security problems. I was creaming "no...no..no!!!!" when he came out of the end zone. Not because he was wasting the two minute warning, but because I just knew he was going to lose the ball. 51% of that play is on Zook. Either (a) Zook failed to tell Monty to stay in the end zone, or (b) he did tell Monty to stay in the end zone and Monty came out anyways--a lack of discipline and that too is on the coach. 49% is on Monty. You've got two minutes and Rodgers at QB. YOU JUST DON'T FUMBLE. 

Monty needs to go to the doghouse and Zook just needs to go. (Let's not forget, Zook also gave up the fake punt, which turned the game around.) Only problem is who replaces Zook mid-season?

Archived