Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That punt to the one made me mad .. Tramon should have been blocking someone to try and get enough time for that ball to get into the endzone.  He just stood there.

He should've fair caught it at the 4. Know who you're playing against Hecker is the best to ever do it. 

Just now, Cheech said:

We sure as hell seemed to be running the ball just fine in the first quarter.  7.2 per carry ain't exactly 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

They just refuse to make the run a major focus of their offense.  They could average 10 a pop and revert back to the passing game.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's an argument to be made that he killed the first drive.

Williams scored a TD on the second drive.

On the third drive, Jones was the back and got the carry on 3rd and 5 and only got 2 on the draw.

4th drive was the Montgomery drive. Bell got beat on 2nd down, Montgomery was dead at the snap. Nothing the back could have done.

5th drive was a Williams drive. Got hit in the backfield on first down and we then threw two incompletions.

6th drive was the safety.

7th drive was the end of half knee.

8th drive was a Jones drive. We got a FG. He only had one carry.

9th drive was a 3 and out. Williams got 5 on 1st and 10 and Rodgers threw two incompletions.

10th drive was the Jones TD drive.

11th drive was the another Jones drive. He made a poor play on the screen and then made the completion on 2nd and 9. Rodgers threw to MVS on the TD.

12th drive was a Monty/Jones split drive. 3 and out. Jones got one carry.

13th drive was the Monty fumble.

He had 6.5/11 drives.

Williams had 3.

Monty had 1.5

I think you completely missed the point. A good running back slows down the rush, puts you in more manageable 3rd down situations and helps you control the clock. Guy runs for 27, 28 yards on first drive and McCarthy goes to Williams for a series then Montgomery. You give a guy like that 18-20 carries a game. You just do.

I disagree on the screen play, I think it was a poorly thrown ball by Rodgers. A good throw and he makes 8-10 yards easy. 

Just now, Cheech said:

We sure as hell seemed to be running the ball just fine in the first quarter.  7.2 per carry ain't exactly 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Cheech - you know as well as I that should we take the ball out of ARs hands - the Rams would pack the box and shut our running game down.
Ease off with the AJ's some superhuman RB. I like him - he's good no doubt - but peoole talk about him like he's the second coming.

Our guards were getting their lunch handed to them by Suh and Donald - were were busting up the running game AND giving the passing game fits.

Your answer? Give AJ the ball more!

Okay. I got it.

Just now, Leader said:

Cheech - you know as well as I that should we take the ball out of ARs hands - the Rams would pack the box and shut our running game down.
Ease off with the AJ's some superhuman RB. I like him - he's good no doubt - but peoole talk about him like he's the second coming.

Our guards were getting their lunch handed to them by Suh and Donald - were were busting up the running game AND giving the passing game fits.

Your answer? Give AJ the ball more!

Okay. I got it.

Exactly what we want to force them to do. Then we get 1 on 1's and Davante eats them alive. We run play action and Rodgers TORCHES them. 

Hey good game man, at least we remained competitive with the best team in the NFL currently. Let's not just focus on the negatives and take away some positives here. We're close guys -- yeah we may not be there right now but a strong off-season and we could really become the team to beat again through the remainder of Aaron Rodgers career. Our young Wideouts especially MVS is really showing out. I predict another Superbowl for the Packers before Arod retires and BOY how about that Packers defense?! They came to play today!

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

I'd just point out that the good, great, successful offenses in the NFL give their best backs a lot more than 12 carries.  We'll never really know what we have in Aaron Jones because Mike McCarthy will never treat him like a starting, #1 RB.  

We'll always be stuck having to celebrate a 12 carry game like it is a Todd Gurley or Joe Mixon or type of involvement in the offense.  12 carries is better than the last couple weeks but its not enough in games like today when he was playing like the best player on our offense.  

They just need to run it more period, Jones always gets the majority of the carries, its just we give up on the run, not giving up on Jones himself.

Just now, Stevein2012 said:

So probably have to go 6-3 or 7-2 to have a shot at the playoffs with away games against NE, MIN, CHI, SEA and home games against ATL and DET.  There is also always the possibility we drop one of the "easy" games against MIA, ARI and NYJ.

Yea we could still scratch our way to 10-5-1, but something like 7-8-1 also very possible with our schedule.

Archived