GOAT Dips: FINAL ROUND

MWil23

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats the only way I know how to cook it. Takes ~4 hours depending on the cut. 

Yeah that’s probably the best end result.

But with a 1-2 bone prime rib (under $30) you can do a similar process at a higher cooking temp and that’s still probably my favorite way to eat beef as far as cost/time/prep. Not as good as doing it the “right” way, but I’ve never had any complaints. 

Also when cooking a big prime rib in the smoker using this method I’ll make big dishes of homemade chimichurri, homemade horseradish and grilled mushroom/peppers/onions. That’s always been a big hit too

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Lamb would just be a sacrificial.... well.. a sacrificial lamb

Rack of lamb with some mint jelly has a George Mason-like feel.

They're not Duke (Brisket) or North Carolina (Pork Ribs) or even a Kentucky (Fried Chicken) but you feel...if they can get in the dance, something special could happen.

Just now, ET80 said:

Rack of lamb with some mint jelly has a George Mason-like feel.

They're not Duke (Brisket) or North Carolina (Pork Ribs) or even a Kentucky (Fried Chicken) but you feel...if they can get in the dance, something special could happen.

Should have went Tennessee on the fried chicken.

One time I was bored and drunk and had a bunch of stew meat I was never going to make stew out of.

half the meat got a 50/50 balsamic vinegar/bourbon soak for about 15 minutes.

the other got red wine for about 30.

i put them on skewers and seared them for like potentially 20 seconds each side. Don’t really remember.

I ate like probably 24 oz of stew meat that day.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

One time I was bored and drunk and had a bunch of stew meat I was never going to make stew out of.

i put them on skewers and seared them for like potentially 20 seconds each side. Don’t really remember.

Did you vomit?

Dont lie.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

...and yet you haven't yet told us if it was delicious or not. I'm not sure of the punchline/conclusion here.

Just now, MWil23 said:

...and yet you haven't yet told us if it was delicious or not. I'm not sure of the punchline/conclusion here.

Oh yeah it was I think. I mean I woke up and it was gone. I seem to remember crying that night but I was never sad. 

So all signs point to them being amazing.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ok, I'm calling this, let's just skip to the Finals:

Queso vs. Guac

@LETSGOBROWNIES @ramssuperbowl99 @ET80@Dome@Malfatron

I'm ready to move onto meat/dessert, and since over half of the people who are voting actually had the gall to vote for ranch over bleu cheese, I'm eliminating every other dip aside from Guac and Queso.

Urghhhh....queso.

Tough call. Real tough. Already thinking I screwed up not going guac. 

Archived