ThuNF Week 7: DEN @ ARI GameDay Thread

Broncofan

4 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Von is leading the NFL in sacks after tonight with 7.5. 

JJ Watt with 7, Geno Atkins and TJ Watt with 6, Frank Clark, Chandler Jones, Demarcus Lawrence and Za'Darius Smith all got 5.5. 

*With 4 forced fumbles. More than half his sacks are strip sacks. Dont worry NFL will still try to find a way to give DPOY to somebody else.

7 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Peterson has some actually trade value.  Players on twitter already saying he should demand a trade.  How could you blame him.

I would love for him to get a ring but him demanding a trade within the next 10-12 days is not gonna happen though. Fitz is a class act and he has done too much for that team/city/community to pull some crap like that. 

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

*With 4 forced fumbles. More than half his sacks are strip sacks. Dont worry NFL will still try to find a way to give DPOY to somebody else.

Top 25 in pressure rate as of week 6 (not counting tonight, obviously and not counting those whoe have already had a bye week). edit: Von is 30.

Pressure rate accounts for all pass plays including scrambles but not including spikes. Plays cancelled by Defensive Pass Interference are also included. Plays count as having pressure in the following situations:

a) any pass or scramble charted with pressure by a specific defender, or "overall pressure",
b) any sack charted as "rusher untouched," "blown block," or "overall pressure",
c) any sack charted as "coverage sack" or "failed scramble," but only if these sacks are also charted with a specific defender giving pass pressure. (For example, a "coverage sack" can also have pressure if a specific defender forces the quarterback out of the pocket immediately, but the sack takes a lot longer because of the coverage.)

Aaron Donald LARM DL 23.5
Dee Ford KC LB 22.5
DeMarcus Lawrence DAL DL 20.5
Fletcher Cox PHI DL 18.5
Melvin Ingram LAC LB 18.0
Jerry Hughes BUF DL 17.5
Mike Daniels GB DL 17.0
Yannick Ngakoue JAC DL 17.0
Tyrone Crawford DAL DL 16.5
J.J. Watt HOU DL 16.5
Samson Ebukam LARM LB 16.5
Ndamukong Suh LARM DL 15.5
Chandler Jones ARI DL 15.5
Cameron Heyward PIT DL 15.0
Geno Atkins CIN DL 15.0
Adrian Clayborn NE DL 14.5
Khalil Mack CHI LB 14.5
Michael Bennett PHI DL 14.0
Carlos Dunlap CIN DL 14.0
Robert Quinn MIA LB 13.5
Kyle Van Noy NE LB 13.5
Vic Beasley ATL LB 13.0
Bud Dupree PIT LB 13.0
Cameron Jordan NO DL 13.0
Kareem Martin NYG DL 12.5

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Top 25 in pressure rate as of week 6 (not counting tonight, obviously and not counting those whoe have already had a bye week). edit: Von is 30.

Pressure rate accounts for all pass plays including scrambles but not including spikes. Plays cancelled by Defensive Pass Interference are also included. Plays count as having pressure in the following situations:

a) any pass or scramble charted with pressure by a specific defender, or "overall pressure",
b) any sack charted as "rusher untouched," "blown block," or "overall pressure",
c) any sack charted as "coverage sack" or "failed scramble," but only if these sacks are also charted with a specific defender giving pass pressure. (For example, a "coverage sack" can also have pressure if a specific defender forces the quarterback out of the pocket immediately, but the sack takes a lot longer because of the coverage.)

Aaron Donald LARM DL 23.5
Dee Ford KC LB 22.5
DeMarcus Lawrence DAL DL 20.5
Fletcher Cox PHI DL 18.5
Melvin Ingram LAC LB 18.0
Jerry Hughes BUF DL 17.5
Mike Daniels GB DL 17.0
Yannick Ngakoue JAC DL 17.0
Tyrone Crawford DAL DL 16.5
J.J. Watt HOU DL 16.5
Samson Ebukam LARM LB 16.5
Ndamukong Suh LARM DL 15.5
Chandler Jones ARI DL 15.5
Cameron Heyward PIT DL 15.0
Geno Atkins CIN DL 15.0
Adrian Clayborn NE DL 14.5
Khalil Mack CHI LB 14.5
Michael Bennett PHI DL 14.0
Carlos Dunlap CIN DL 14.0
Robert Quinn MIA LB 13.5
Kyle Van Noy NE LB 13.5
Vic Beasley ATL LB 13.0
Bud Dupree PIT LB 13.0
Cameron Jordan NO DL 13.0
Kareem Martin NYG DL 12.5

Wow. I didn't know Ebukam was killing it to that extent.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

@JustAnotherFan Von has the most pressures in the NFL since 2006 and led the league last year with 84. Not worried about pressures. He has 466 pressures in 96 games. He also leads the league in sacks....and forced fumbles this year.

No, he didn't. Donald led the NFL last year despite only playing 14 games.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

My mistake, it was #1 among edge defenders. Still my point stands. He will finish with 16+ sacks and 7+ FFs and somehow finish 3rd in DPOY voting because the media wants to hype somebody else.

The best thing that happened tonight is that Mike McCoy probably coached his last game as an OC anywhere in the NFL. 

It's just too bad they had to throw the entire O to the wolves tonight to make it so clear he shouldn't be an OC for anyone.   

Still, it's not all on McCoy - that OL needs 3 upgrades (keep G Pugh, and keep C AJ Cole).  Do that, get an OC who has an actual clue, and see what you have.   Having said that, Rosen wasn't good, or even OK.  It's just that that's par for the course with rookie QB's, especially when the talent gap is that bad between OL/DL and the G's.  But it also doesn't absolve him completely, he'll need to bounce back, and show the growth as the season continues.  Hopefully though they'll actually have an OC that's not a total zero soon (sadly, unlikely it's the long-term guy, that's an offseason job).

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

@JustAnotherFan Von has the most pressures in the NFL since 2006 and led the league last year with 84. Not worried about pressures. He has 466 pressures in 96 games. He also leads the league in sacks....and forced fumbles this year.

Von is a beast and IMO the best pass rusher in the NFL. I have been on record many of times stating this very thing. I wrote an entire write-up on him just last off-season on another site. 

FYI, he was 2nd in the league last season in total pass pressure with 53, behind only only Ware(55). What you have to understand is that this is a passing league and nowadays, they're going to give the DPoY strictly to pass rushers. How they perform as a run stopper is an afterthought, sad to say. The only case where they would consider this in their final decision would be a case if two players were so close to one another in votes (i.e Von and Mack). 

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Ware led the league last year with 55 and Donald had 48.5 based on the same above criteria.

I don't know where your numbers come from but keep in mind that pass pressure can be subjective and so your going to see different numbers based on a different criteria's.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Von is a beast and IMO the best pass rusher in the NFL. I have been on record many of times stating this very thing. I wrote an entire write-up on him just last off-season on another site. 

FYI, he was 2nd in the league last season in total pass pressure with 53, behind only only Ware(55). What you have to understand is that this is a passing league and nowadays, they're going to give the DPoY strictly to pass rushers. How they perform as a run stopper is an afterthought, sad to say. The only case where they would consider this in their final decision would be a case if two players were so close to one another in votes (i.e Von and Mack). 

Ware led the league last year with 55 and Donald had 48.5 based on the same above criteria.

I don't know where your numbers come from but keep in mind that pass pressure can be subjective and so your going to see different numbers based on a different criteria's.

Pro Football Focus

Are you talking about Wake? Because Ware retired.

Archived