ThuNF Week 7: DEN @ ARI GameDay Thread

Broncofan

Re: Von as DPOY - listen, I love the guy.   And he absolutely deserves to win at least one DPOY.  But if it goes to Donald or Mack, I will have zero objections.  And it won't be robbery. 

Maybe Von wins, maybe he doesn't.   But I won't sweat about it either way.  It doesn't change his status as the elite talent of his generation, along with Mack, at EDGE.   Sometimes there can be 2 (Donald is also elite generational level with Watt, but obv. different positions).

1 hour ago, Classic said:

I know that but some of his INTs were inexcusable. The 2nd one where he had Fitz wide open and threw to a WR that was blocking was totally his fault.

He looked way better the last few games than he did tonight. Rookie, horrid team, short week = bad things happening. He'll bounce back.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He looked way better the last few games than he did tonight. Rookie, horrid team, short week = bad things happening. He'll bounce back.

Interesting stat I came across - rookie QB's are 4-12 when playing TNF and not off bye (so short week).   Didn't realize it was that bad, but will have to remember that if I ever bet on TNF lol.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Interesting stat I came across - rookie QB's are 4-12 when playing TNF and not off bye (so short week).   Didn't realize it was that bad, but will have to remember that if I ever bet on TNF lol.

Yep, rookie QB's need practice and film reps. He basically went into a game against one of the best defensive fronts in the league without any film time or chance to prep for them and adjust anything. This had "rookie game" written all over it.

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Still, it's not all on McCoy - that OL needs 3 upgrades (keep G Pugh, and keep C AJ Cole).  Do that, get an OC who has an actual clue, and see what you have.   Having said that, Rosen wasn't good, or even OK.  It's just that that's par for the course with rookie QB's, especially when the talent gap is that bad between OL/DL and the G's.  But it also doesn't absolve him completely, he'll need to bounce back, and show the growth as the season continues. 

Rosen is 6'4" but throws like he's 5'8" with constant deflected passes. Something awkward about how he delivers the ball, it starts out low and comes out slow and low too. 

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

"THE NAMES LESTER OAKS...CONSTRUCTION WORKER!!!"

Couldn't be worse than McCoy. 

Now THERE'S a name I haven't heard in a bit, Byron Leftwich. Still remember when he played at Marshall on a broken leg, his OL carrying him to the LOS during a two minute drill late in the game.

Thought he'd be better as a pro, guy had a monster arm and had a really high football IQ.

Archived