Would you rather have peak Moss or peak Rice for s

Bolts223

Peak Moss or Peak Rice?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have Peak Randy Moss or Peak Jerry Rice on your team for one season?

• Randy Moss
    • Jerry Rice

Obviously Rice had the better overall career.

But Moss was about as terrifying and dominant as you can get as a receiver when he was at his peak. He put fear into DB's like no other WR.

If you wanted to have one player on your team for 1 year, both at their peaks, who do you choose?

The two at their best were close, but the reason Jerry pulls away is because he always brought his A-game and because he played a long time at a high level. If we remove both longevity and career consistency factors, I lean Moss.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Surely, if you're the GOAT WR, you proved that during the span of a season, you were dominant? 

Rice played at high level much longer and much more consistently than Moss did. That’s largely what seperates the two. 

If you’re reducing the sample size to a single season where they’re both at their best, it takes longevity and year-to-year consistency out of the equation. Swings to Moss’ favor, IMO.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:53 AM, LuckIsGOAT said:

-Rice was better single season

-better single game

-better single play

-better playoff run

-better prime

-better career

better everything Moss simply has no argument for being on Rice level

Agreed, and I would add the fact Rice was physically tougher than Moss, and was a real threat on short, inside routes.   

Jerry Rice without question. Moss was a much more freakish athlete. Rice was the better football player. Rice doing things like putting up 22 touchdowns in 12 games is just absurd. Rice also seemed to get better in the playoffs. If we take Rice's 1988 and 1989 postseasons, he accounted for 11 touchdowns in those years to go along with 755 yards of offense those years in just 6 postseason games. Moss in 15 career postseason games had 10 touchdowns and 977 receiving yards. So if I'm taking either of them for 1 season in their prime, I'm taking Rice. 

8 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Jerry Rice without question. Moss was a much more freakish athlete. Rice was the better football player. Rice doing things like putting up 22 touchdowns in 12 games is just absurd. Rice also seemed to get better in the playoffs. If we take Rice's 1988 and 1989 postseasons, he accounted for 11 touchdowns in those years to go along with 755 yards of offense those years in just 6 postseason games. Moss in 15 career postseason games had 10 touchdowns and 977 receiving yards. So if I'm taking either of them for 1 season in their prime, I'm taking Rice. 

Actually 23 touchdowns in 12 games, 22 receiving and 1 rushing

Archived