2019 NFL Draft - Secondary

Forge

25 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Are there any corners that would benefit from a move to Safety?  Seems to be a few every year

Ryan Pulley for sure.

This won't be popular, but Jamel Dean. Actually I take that back because he's too soft as a tackler.

I think Oruwariye would be good in that role too, but he'll be good enough at cb. Same for Lonnie Johnson.

1 hour ago, NoDakViking said:

Are there any corners that would benefit from a move to Safety?  Seems to be a few every year

I think Michael Jackson from Miami would be a good safety. I don't really like him as a corner but he could be a good safety possibly.

Mark Fields is pretty short to be playing S, but he has a rocked up frame and can absolutely cover and tackle. I'd like to think he could play S in the NFL so long as he wasn't asked to play the "4th linebacker" roll-down safety spot.

This CB class sucks any way you slice it. I don't think there are many guys that will be successful safety converts because I don't trust this CB class in general.

There are a ton of good safeties in this draft though.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Crazy he doesn't get more hype. Incredible stats, great testing numbers . . . but when I watch him he looks so very average. I'm not sure his best traits translate cleanly to the NFL. Still, he seems well worth a shot in the 50 - 75 range.

Just now, reamer said:

Crazy he doesn't get more hype. Incredible stats, great testing numbers . . . but when I watch him he looks so very average. I'm not sure his best traits translate cleanly to the NFL. Still, he seems well worth a shot in the 50 - 75 range.

He didn't look average at all to me. I just wish he'd turn his head around more, because he isn't much of a ball hawk, but I think he stays in a WR's hip pocket as well as any CB in this class.

49 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

What does everyone think of the CMU CB's Sean Bunting and Xavier Crawford.

I think Bunting could go as early as the 2nd. 

Bunting is my CB5 after Baker, Greedy, Murphy, and Long. Late 2nd wouldn't surprise me at all.

I think Crawford could be a pretty good slot CB. His 29" arms are too short for him to be outside, imo, but his feet, speed, and instincts are easily good enough to translate to him being a good slot cb ala Bryce Callahan. 

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

2nd round prospect. Extremely physical outside corner with speed limitations. However his 40 at the combine was better than expected.

His 3 cone was really bad, but he's got good feet on film 

Archived