2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

On 2/4/2019 at 12:44 PM, MWil23 said:

As a Buckeye fan, I'd personally be surprised if he ran that fast, but I could be wrong. He's an outstanding gunner on special teams, but I don't know that he's that type of burner to be honest.

FWIW, McLaurin is guaranteeing he'll run a 4.35. I've never understood why in the hell guys do that (they usually just end up failing to hit their mark since Indy has a slow track) but McLaurin isn't really the arrogant, boastful type so it's possible. The dude is really fast and he's a guarantee to run under 4.45 IMO. Getting in the 4.3's is definitely possible. 

He's going to put up big jump numbers too. 

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2013/7/1/4484730/terry-mclaurin-ohio-state-commit-jumps-44-8-in-the-opening-sparq

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1711629-ohio-state-commit-terry-mclaurin-is-getting-the-attention-he-deserves

Edited by BRANDON26841X

For those that just need a little reminded of just how impressive N'Keal Harry's hands are.  

harry.0.gif

On 2/4/2019 at 12:32 AM, Tugboat said:

Man, talk about a guy who makes me really second guess what i'm seeing in a WR.  I still don't think i fully understand what happened there.  He was never the most explosive athlete and the numbers kinda backed that up, but he just looks like an empty shell of what he looked like he could become out of college.  Definitely stands to be a long-term fixture on my "all whiff team".

Treadwell's confidence has not been the best and that lack in confidence comes with his lack of any real success.  One TD catch in three years, the first year was a joke and he never saw the field and that really hurt him confidence wise.  Coming out of college he was supposed to be this tough physical blocker, I do not really see that often out of him and physically he is not that gifted either.  His hands are a big question mark, he missed some passes this year and flat out dropped the football.  Not to mention he is poor in the slot WR, is not good unless he is fed the ball a lot but is surprisingly bad in jump ball situations unlike when he was in college.  He was great in jump ball situations, would be curious how he would look like in another system because clearly he is never going to beat out Diggs or Thielen and again he is not that good in the slot or even out wide.

Treadwell was so good so early in college but really looking back his production is not all that impressive and clearly his explosive ability was not that impressive either.  Made some splash one handed catches though and showed up in big games for sure.  Was part of a big turnaround at Ole Miss also that helped his stock, but a lot of those WRs on those teams have not done so well and or have been injured.  Curious how Michael Thomas would have ended up say he went to the Browns in the 1st round instead of the Saints in the 2nd.  Will see if Treadwell can turn around his career, will for sure have to work on his speed, conditioning and hands to do that.  

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

DK Metcalf looks like he will go in the top 8-12

How many wrs have 1st round potential? 

Is Hollywood the 2nd best wr in the draft?

Hakeem Butler could go round 1 if he runs fast and looks good in drills

1 Metcalf

2 Harry

3 Butler (With a great combine)

4A Hollywood Brown (If he weighs at least 175)

4B Deebo Samuel

4C AJ Brown

4D JJ Arcega-Whiteside

4E Kelvin Harmon

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

I kinda want to put Keelan Doss at 4F.

This is one of the few years I need to see the combine before I can really rank them with some certainty. I have too many in the same tier after Metcalf, Harry, and Butler. 

If Brown comes in at 5'11 165 lbs, he's demoted from that tier. That's too skinny to be reliable against NFL defenses for 16 games, or at least it will be until they completely outlaw tackling in 2022.

Edited by Jeezla

Jalen Hurd = most slept on WR in this draft

The guy has freakish size and athletic ability.  I think he'll put on a show at the combine.  He should measure 6'5" 230lbs and is rumored to be running 4.4 in the 40 and jumping 40" on the vert.

That would make him one of the freakiest athletes in the draft.

I like a lot of the WRs this draft, including my Sooner, Hollywood. But my favorite is Arcega-Whiteside. Love the attitude/determination in his play and his routes are pretty good. He has some decent size, too. Would love to have many of these WRs as 49ers, but JJ would be my favorite. At the beginning of the year, I thought he would go 1st round, but the competition may be too fierce and he will likely have to wait until day 2.

4 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I like a lot of the WRs this draft, including my Sooner, Hollywood. But my favorite is Arcega-Whiteside. Love the attitude/determination in his play and his routes are pretty good. He has some decent size, too. Would love to have many of these WRs as 49ers, but JJ would be my favorite. At the beginning of the year, I thought he would go 1st round, but the competition may be too fierce and he will likely have to wait until day 2.

He runs like 2 routes. I don't trust him to create separation in the NFL, as he's got some physical limitations as well. He's pretty stiff and is 1-dimensional in terms of what he can accomplish. He is, however, one of the most dominant jump ball receiving prospects I've ever evaluated.

56 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He runs like 2 routes. I don't trust him to create separation in the NFL, as he's got some physical limitations as well. He's pretty stiff and is 1-dimensional in terms of what he can accomplish. He is, however, one of the most dominant jump ball receiving prospects I've ever evaluated.

Guess what the 49ers lack?! Huh? Can you guess? 

:D