2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

42 minutes ago, lod01 said:

Cooper did not play in the NFL.

This definitely helps your point.... 😲 

Now I can top that....easily. its especially true at the QB spot.

Peyton Manning

Wait what?!! 😂 

Santana Moss
Champ Bailey
Brent Celek
Matt Hasselbeck
Clay Matthews
Josh McCown
Cam Newton
Carson Palmer
Aaron Rodgers
JJ Watt
Terry Bradshaw
Ty Detmer

Who ever argued the reverse didn’t exist?  You’re debating yourself on this one.  Others, including myself, are simply pointing out that your initial point of .....

3 hours ago, lod01 said:

Younger brothers are rarely better than the older brother.

.... is pretty much complete BS.  Birth age is irrelevant, that’s our point.  (Unless of course we want to use University backed data which states not only are you overstating things, you’re actually bass ackwards.  But I guess we can just dismiss that because it doesn’t support your stance, huh?)

You made a broad generalization that’s wrong.  That’s the point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

.... is pretty much complete BS.  Birth age is irrelevant, that’s our point.  (Unless of course we want to use University backed data which states not only are you overstating things, you’re actually bass ackwards.  But I guess we can just dismiss that because it doesn’t support your stance, huh?)

Hahaha I don't ever post in the draft forum because the takes are so ignorant it makes my head want to explode. This one is epic.

Peyton Manning says hi

Rob Gronkowski says hi

Shawn Andrews of the Eagles was better than older brother Stacy Andrews of the Bengals

Jake Matthews is better than Kevin Matthews

I could go on and on and on with this list but its not really worth my time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

And then the bigger fish Sweat would come along and take her from him. Such is the circle of life.

Nah we all know Wide Receiver is the glamour position. They get the ladies over the Defensive ends.

Edited by Kip Smithers

15 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

What did Andy Isabella do to his draft stock?

Isabella should certainly be getting attention:

Put up numbers. 

When he played Georgia he scrotched them for 219, 15 catches. 

Had a great senior bowl week. 

Had a good Senior Bowl game. 

Had a great combine-showing he was a lot faster than some expected  

• Like 2

My post combine WR rankings

1st Round - N'Keal Harry - I think Harry might be my WR1 this year over DK. He answered a lot of athleticism questions at the combine and he doesn't have the production/injury issues like Metcalf does. He would be a great and underrated pick in the first round.

1st round - DK Metcalf - I don't know if DK is on my final big board to draft because of injury/production but running that 4.33  at that size was one of the more memorable things at the combine I've seen. I'm on the fence about leaving him here.

1st Round - AJ Brown - I think AJ Brown answered a lot of athleticism questions yesterday and with his production he needs to be discussed more and more in the first round.

2nd Round - Parris Campbell - Campbell is a tough projection because production wise he is an enigma. He had a great year this year with Haskins but he didn't do much the year before. He's kinda of a gadget player where you can run sweeps/screens that would be great in a WCO. But how well does he run routes and traditional WR things

2nd Round - Deebo Samuel - I wasn't wowed with Deebo on tape but the production is certainly there. I need to watch him again. He's had some injury concerns so I'm not super high on him. He had a good combine.

2nd-3rd Round - Hakeem Butler - Everyone is talking about Miles Boykin and they should be but Hakeem had just as good a combine.  He had more production than Boykin and looks like a freak on tape as well. 

2nd-3rd Round - Darius Slayton - OK, here's my sleeper pick at WR. He had a wonderful combine that is getting overshadowed and he can fly on tape. He played in a wacky offense but he can RAC.

3rd Round - Miles Boykin - He was the man of the combine yesterday and I've seen some of him and he can make some acrobatic catches.

3rd Round - Andy Isabella - I like Isabella but at 5 foot 9 inches hes a slot only guy. Still its hard not to like his production. He played well at the Senior Bowl and had a good combine.

3rd Round - Mecole Hardman - Hardman shows a lot of football speed on tape and he backed that up at the combine. He can RAC and would be a good fit in the WCO.

Do Not Draft

Marquise Brown - Might be a good player but the risk of being injured/and can't break 170 pounds is concerning.

Lil'Jordan Humphrey - He had a brutal combine. I was shocked when he ran that 4.79 forty the first time.

Kelvin Harmon - Just all around average combine mixed with his all around average tape makes me want to shy away.

Riley Ridley - Ridley is tough because he athletically matches up with his brother - not so good. But Calvin had a good year last year but how much of it was due to Matt Ryan and the Falcons offense? Probably a lot. I wouldn't take the chance on Ridley because this draft has so many other good WR's.

David Sills V - Forgot to add but he plays in a funky offense that I think inflated his value/stats. His combine was average

Edited by taylor made

9 minutes ago, taylor made said:

-

Do Not Draft

Marquise Brown - Might be a good player but the risk of being injured/and can't break 170 pounds is concerning.

Lil'Jordan Humphrey - He had a brutal combine. I was shocked when he ran that 4.79 forty the first time.

Kelvin Harmon - Just all around average combine mixed with his all around average tape makes me want to shy away.

Riley Ridley - Ridley is tough because he athletically matches up with his brother - not so good. But Calvin had a good year last year but how much of it was due to Matt Ryan and the Falcons offense? Probably a lot. I wouldn't take the chance on Ridley because this draft has so many other good WR's.

Curious how a 40 time seals the deal on players to not be drafted.

Boldin ran a 4.8

Brown ran a 4.6

Rice ran a supposed 4.55

Field speed and track speed are two very different things.

Many here thought Weber would test with a very average 40 time with like a 4.55 or something and yet he ran a 4.38

Winovich tested a good 40 time and yet when you watch him on tape he most gets by on hustle cause his physical ability is just not that great.

Fast is fast no matter what, hell Fournette ran a 4.5 in the 40 right? Yet his rookie year he continually out ran guys that had tested in the low 4.3's or 4.4's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Curious how a 40 time seals the deal on players to not be drafted.

Boldin ran a 4.8

Brown ran a 4.6

Rice ran a supposed 4.55

Field speed and track speed are two very different things.

Many here thought Weber would test with a very average 40 time with like a 4.55 or something and yet he ran a 4.38

Winovich tested a good 40 time and yet when you watch him on tape he most gets by on hustle cause his physical ability is just not that great.

Fast is fast no matter what, hell Fournette ran a 4.5 in the 40 right? Yet his rookie year he continually out ran guys that had tested in the low 4.3's or 4.4's.

Yeah track speed and football speed aren’t one and the same.

The only time these 40 times really mean anything is when they show you something you don’t see while watching them play.

Like, idgaf what Hollywood Brown runs the 40 in, be it 4.2 or 4.5, that MFer can absolutely fly on a football field.

Lots of dudes tested well today, but not everything that glitters is gold.  Lots of mistakes get made when teams overvalue the underwear olympics to actual game tape.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah track speed and football speed aren’t one and the same.

The only time these 40 times really mean anything is when they show you something you don’t see while watching them play.

Like, idgaf what Hollywood Brown runs the 40 in, be it 4.2 or 4.5, that MFer can absolutely fly on a football field.

Lots of dudes tested well today, but not everything that glitters is gold.  Lots of mistakes get made when teams overvalue the underwear olympics to actual game tape.

And lots of mistakes get made when teams undervalue the combine. It goes both ways.

4 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Having a bad overall combine leads to be not being drafted. I never said that just a 40 time 'seals' the deal. I'm not sure where you read that.

By the rest of your post that seems to grade the guys that ran good to great 40 times for their size.

2 minutes ago, taylor made said:

And lots of mistakes get made when teams undervalue the combine. It goes both ways.

No, I don't think it does. More teams overrate and when I say more teams, I say FO people who don't bother to watch game tape. Combine can help solidify what you see on film with a player. But it certainly doesn't display what kind of "football player" they are and that's what teams are drafting.

Take Polite for example, looks great on tape but just burned out at the combine because he thinks he's being picked on. Not a great look, so the Combine helped teams with the character side of these players and I would imagine that's the big payoff for many of these teams is the 1 on 1 time they get with a prospect. Any prospect can have a bad combine and still go on to do great things.

Jason Peters worked out with the TE's and ran a 4.9 something in the 40 and only put up 21 reps on the bench. That's extremely poor and he went undrafted but still somehow managed multiple all-pro seasons and arguably has a HOF like career.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

By the rest of your post that seems to grade the guys that ran good to great 40 times for their size.

Yes, I put a great deal of weight into athleticism for my rankings. Not just 40 times though. If you bomb or are average at the combine I don't care what you do on tape. I.e. Lil'Jordan Humphrey and Kelvin Harmon.

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

Yes, I put a great deal of weight into athleticism for my rankings. Not just 40 times though. If you bomb or are average at the combine I don't care what you do on tape. I.e. Lil'Jordan Humphrey and Kelvin Harmon.

Fair enough. But I think you miss out on a great deal of talent doing that though.