2019 NFL Draft - Offensive Line

Forge

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Has Risner worked his way into the 1st round or is my dream of him falling to 40 still a possibility?

Between the Senior Bowl, the combine measurements, and the value on OT is going to kick up the value.  He's going to be long gone.  He's almost assuredly going in the first round.

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Between the Senior Bowl, the combine measurements, and the value on OT is going to kick up the value.  He's going to be long gone.  He's almost assuredly going in the first round.

Guess my new dream of Risner in round 1 and Lindstrom in round 2 will have to happen now.

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Guess my new dream of Risner in round 1 and Lindstrom in round 2 will have to happen now.

It's crazy to think that Jonah Williams and Greg Little came into the year as the top tackles, and they're probably both fallen into that Late 1st, early 2nd round range.

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's crazy to think that Jonah Williams and Greg Little came into the year as the top tackles, and they're probably both fallen into that Late 1st, early 2nd round range.

Greg Little? Probably. Jonah Williams? No way. 

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Greg Little? Probably. Jonah Williams? No way. 

At this point, I'm pretty sure Andre Dilliard has passed him and I'd venture a guess that Dalton Risner has as well.  Jonah Williams tested really, really poorly.  IF you're drafting him, you're throwing the Combine out the window.  26th percentile in arm length, 42nd in bench press, 41st in 20 yard SS, and 30th in 3-cone.  He's probably OT3 now.  That's probably somewhere in that 18-24 range.

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Lindstrom is going 1st, can't see he him escaping either

I don't think Lindstrom goes in the 1st. And I love him and have him as the top rated interior OL. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, I'm pretty sure Andre Dillard has passed him and I'd venture a guess that Dalton Risner has as well.  Jonah Williams tested really, really poorly.  IF you're drafting him, you're throwing the Combine out the window.  26th percentile in arm length, 42nd in bench press, 41st in 20 yard SS, and 30th in 3-cone.  He's probably OT3 now.  That's probably somewhere in that 18-24 range.

For sure Williams dropped after the combine. While others excelled, he was average at best. And his tape is good, but not spectacularly good. Average tape + below average measurables = Top 5 pick??? (@IDOG_det)

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think Lindstrom goes in the 1st. And I love him and have him as the top rated interior OL. 

For sure Williams dropped after the combine. While others excelled, he was average at best. And his tape is good, but not spectacularly good. Average tape + below average measurables = Top 5 pick??? (@IDOG_det)

Had him as a first rounder before the combine and afterwards I think he has more chance going top 15 than dropping out of the first. 

Jonah Williams did well, it kind of speaks volumes that the coaches at the combine wanted him as the example for drills and not the first player alphabetically (which is what they normally do). I've heard some people say NFL teams are higher on Cody Ford, I've heard some say NFL teams are higher on Jawaan Taylor, but this is a smokescreen/diversion season, so it's hard to trust anyone's sources really even if they are legit. Jonah didn't test well enough to pass the thresholds of a team like Green Bay, but he really shouldn't be hurt by that. He's still a good OL athlete and he still was a damn good player at Alabama. I could see him dropping out of the top 10 if there's a run on QBs and EDGE/DL though.

47 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Jonah Williams did well, it kind of speaks volumes that the coaches at the combine wanted him as the example for drills and not the first player alphabetically (which is what they normally do). I've heard some people say NFL teams are higher on Cody Ford, I've heard some say NFL teams are higher on Jawaan Taylor, but this is a smokescreen/diversion season, so it's hard to trust anyone's sources really even if they are legit. Jonah didn't test well enough to pass the thresholds of a team like Green Bay, but he really shouldn't be hurt by that. He's still a good OL athlete and he still was a damn good player at Alabama. I could see him dropping out of the top 10 if there's a run on QBs and EDGE/DL though.

I'd bet my life that Dillard goes before Williams does. 

Archived