Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

40 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Just learned that grandchild number 2 is on the way.

Makes me think I might be getting old.

First off congrats! Second you know this gives you license to wear diapers? Now that the Browns are good, no more getting up for that danged pee break. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bruceb said:

Must be.

Only 66.7ish. :)

Still impressive. Did you have kids later in life? I was thinking 70s is old enough for great grandkids. I just think about my parents and my wife's parents they were 47/45 and 50/45 when our 2nd was born and her parent her parents already had 6 other grandkids.

Anyway congratulations old man.

You are over twice my age. I am only 33.1397260274ish

Edited by TheeRealDeal
I thought the ish was funny and I love math so I had to do it

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

good for Jimmy. I like anything that gives ESPN a big ole middle finger. Flying J was a pretty big sponsor for them!

Eh, looks petty tbh.  

Im not a fan of ESPN, but it’s kind of what they do.  If he didn’t like the article he could have;

- been less incompetent

- allowed himself to be interviewed for the article and given his side of the story (if there were inaccuracies in his mind)

- not bought an NFL team in the first place....

The list goes on...

It’s his money and he can advertise where he wants, but he didn’t help himself in any way here imo.

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, looks petty tbh.  

Im not a fan of ESPN, but it’s kind of what they do.  If he didn’t like the article he could have;

- been less incompetent

- allowed himself to be interviewed for the article and given his side of the story (if there were inaccuracies in his mind)

- not bought an NFL team in the first place....

The list goes on...

It’s his money and he can advertise where he wants, but he didn’t help himself in any way here imo.

I look at it this way. There was nothing that was so special that was uncovered or brought to light from the article. All that stuff has been pretty public outside of Hue screaming GTFO of my office. That a lot of us knew or read reports  the espn piece was just a cummatiive article documenting it all  

the browns and jimmy were making progress of getting out of the basement and than the article comes out bring out the Skeltons from the closet. 

Idk, just if your running a company. You shouldn’t slam advertisers. One of the bigger ones at that. 

Writer prolly didn’t make the connections. Even bigger since espn is already hurting for money. 

Nothing wrong with writing slam pieces. Just makes you look ignorant AF to do one on one of your biggest sponsors. 

Be like a NFL hired writer going in on the beer industry and bud light cause their product makes players increasely more aggressive and leads to more violence against women a la Hunt drinking issues. .

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I look at it this way. There was nothing that was so special that was uncovered or brought to light from the article. All that stuff has been pretty public outside of Hue screaming GTFO of my office. That a lot of us knew or read reports  the espn piece was just a cummatiive article documenting it all  

the browns and jimmy were making progress of getting out of the basement and than the article comes out bring out the Skeltons from the closet. 

True, but the last point of the article is how things seem to be changing.

Idk, just if your running a company. You shouldn’t slam advertisers. One of the bigger ones at that. 

No argument there.

Nothing wrong with writing slam pieces. Just makes you look ignorant AF to do one on one of your biggest sponsors. 

If it was accurate it’s not really a slam piece so much as just an accurate narrative of facts.  It didn’t read like just an opinion piece.

It just seems odd that Haslam didn’t like the narrative but didn’t want to give his side of things.  Be involved in the telling of your story or let others tell it and be fine with the outcome, but don’t whine when other people say something that you don’t like, even if it’s accurate.

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

True, but the last point of the article is how things seem to be changing.

No argument there.

If it was accurate it’s not really a slam piece so much as just an accurate narrative of facts.  It didn’t read like just an opinion piece.

It just seems odd that Haslam didn’t like the narrative but didn’t want to give his side of things.  Be involved in the telling of your story or let others tell it and be fine with the outcome, but don’t whine when other people say something that you don’t like, even if it’s accurate.

I could see him be childish about it if he tried to pay it off so it wouldn’t get printed or tried to file a lawsuit. 

If it was accurate it’s not a slam piece, but you read the article, it does nothing but splatter egg on Haslams and the franchise’s face. Browns don’t need help from the national media to do that. They have been doing that themselves for the past 20 years. they do that enough and when the browns actually have a very successful season the media still finds a way to do it. 

Just funny that Espn lost a big advertiser and it’s even better cause it should hurt the SEC. 

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I could see him be childish about it if he tried to pay it off so it wouldn’t get printed or tried to file a lawsuit. 

If it was accurate it’s not a slam piece, but you read the article, it does nothing but splatter egg on Haslams and the franchise’s face. Browns don’t need help from the national media to do that. They have been doing that themselves for the past 20 years. they do that enough and when the browns actually have a very successful season the media still finds a way to do it. 

Just funny that Espn lost a big advertiser and it’s even better cause it should hurt the SEC. 

I’m not mad ESPN is missing out, their content is terrible nowadays.

I just think Jimmy woulda been better served letting that slide and allowing things like this to go away.  Him doing this just rehashes the article and his failures imo.

Theyre both awful tho.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not mad ESPN is missing out, their content is terrible nowadays.

I just think Jimmy woulda been better served letting that slide and allowing things like this to go away.  Him doing this just rehashes the article and his failures imo.

Theyre both awful tho.

We can say, our owner is embodying our QB! Cleveland browns are literally turning into the Cleveland Baker’s, literally in every aspect of the organization lol

you think about it. It’s totally a baker type move. I’m not gonna response back, I’m not gonna file a lawsuit. Just gonna take the money I was paying you and give you a middle finger. Basically Jimmy just grabbed his junk at ESPN

• Like 1