Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We are much more primitive than we are willing to believe. Extremists take advantage of people who aren't independent thinkers and bad things happen.

The veneer of civility we live under is very thin.

Wouldn't take much to turn things into dog-eat-dog for survival.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

There has been a shooting in the city that I live in. Two mosques have been attacked. Please pray, if that is what you do. 

Things will be as they will be.

I will pray that the result will be good.

45 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The veneer of civility we live under is very thin.

Wouldn't take much to turn things into dog-eat-dog for survival.

I dunno about that, there are a lot of people who are generous and caring out there too. I don't know which one outweighs the other but they certainly should be able to put up a fight against total chaos.

There is no fix that anyone would be willing to accept so we just have to see how it plays out. Certainly wouldn't hurt to have some guidance. Jebus, smart peaceful aliens, a talking cow, something.

36 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

There has been a shooting in the city that I live in. Two mosques have been attacked. Please pray, if that is what you do. 

This is the top news post on Google News.

Hope you are not affected.

41 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I just will never understand hating someone for being different from yourself 😢

Yeah I won't claim to understand what goes through the minds of people who do these acts but they aren't right in the head. These aren't normal people who make bad decisions. They have mental issues. I hit a rabbit on my way home tonight and was devastated. I changed lanes and hit my brakes to avoid it and it turned around and ran right under my tire. I couldn't imagine intentionally taking a person's life, especially an innocent.

• Like 2