Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I doubt it, religious beliefs have been the a driving factor behind a lot of killings for millennia.

Cant say I see that changing any time soon.

I meant in NZ. They're a bit better than most of us. And a lot better than you lot 

• Like 3

This thread is : Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? 

My answer is: That is not a light, that is Beetlejuice (for those of you who don't watch the science channel that is the name of the biggest star in our Milky Way galaxy). 

All these GM's with their 5 year plans just need to take a page from the Great John Dorsey's playbook cause he was able to turn around a winless team in 2017 to a SB contender and definitely a playoff team in 2019. We should start a Go Fund Me for Mr. Dorsey so he can get himself a nice steak dinner (but knowing Browns fans we would prob raise enough to get him a whole steak restaurant lol) 

18 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

All these GM's with their 5 year plans just need to take a page from the Great John Dorsey's playbook cause he was able to turn around a winless team in 2017 to a SB contender and definitely a playoff team in 2019.

Step 1: Hire this guy:

CX2FgpJWcAAvFND.jpg

Step 2: Tank and Tank Again

...all while stockpiling as many draft assets as possible and utilizing tradebacks and then hitting on the #1 overall pick

Step 3: Have said genius throw himself on a grenade for the good of the organization/franchise and become the fall guy

Step 4: Get hired and then utilize those assets given to you in a competent way

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

This thread is : Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? 

My answer is: That is not a light, that is Beetlejuice (for those of you who don't watch the science channel that is the name of the biggest star in our Milky Way galaxy). 

All these GM's with their 5 year plans just need to take a page from the Great John Dorsey's playbook cause he was able to turn around a winless team in 2017 to a SB contender and definitely a playoff team in 2019. We should start a Go Fund Me for Mr. Dorsey so he can get himself a nice steak dinner (but knowing Browns fans we would prob raise enough to get him a whole steak restaurant lol) 

You act like Dorsey cleaned this all up himself 😂 

I’m curious as to how you think he earned all those top 65 draft picks last year or the 9 figures in cap space?

Whether some folks want to admit it or not, Sashi did a lot of the heavy lifting on this rebuild.

Myles, Ogunjobi, Schobert, Njoku, Peppers (who allowed Dorsey to nab OBJ), Higgins, Tretter, Zeitler, Nassib, etc were all Sashi.

So were the picks that allowed us to draft Ward and Chubb and trade for a veteran QB.

The abilty to make the crazy trades and sign these free agents?  That’s partly because Sashi took the league’s most expensive defense and gutted the terrible contracts.

Not sure why it’s so hard to give more than one person credit....

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m curious as to how you think he earned all those top 65 draft picks last year or the 9 figures in cap space?

Whether some folks want to admit it or not, Sashi did a lot of the heavy lifting on this rebuild.

Myles, Ogunjobi, Schobert, Njoku, Peppers (who allowed Dorsey to nab OBJ), Higgins, Tretter, Zeitler, Nassib, etc were all Sashi.

So were the picks that allowed us to draft Ward and Chubb and trade for a veteran QB.

The abilty to make the crazy trades and sign these free agents?  That’s partly because Sashi took the league’s most expensive defense and gutted the terrible contracts.

It was a perfect unintended plan. The perfect tear down by Sashi in 2 years and as good as you could ever expect 2 years from Dorsey getting the franchise QB and adding pieces of need. Pretty sure Kirksey and Bitonio are the only pre-Sashi players left on the roster. I don't know if Dorsey could have done stage one as well as Sashi or if Sashi could have done stage two as well as Dorsey so I'm thrilled this is how it ended up going.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

It was a perfect unintended plan. The perfect tear down by Sashi in 2 years and as good as you could ever expect 2 years from Dorsey getting the franchise QB and adding pieces of need. Pretty sure Kirksey and Bitonio are the only pre-Sashi players left on the roster. I don't know if Dorsey could have done stage one as well as Sashi or if Sashi could have done stage two as well as Dorsey so I'm thrilled this is how it ended up going.

No, I agree, it’s been a fantastic ride.

Maybe I’m alone in this but the lows of the proper rebuild will make the highs of the final product that much sweeter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I understood the process, but damn man. We went 0-16. That’s inexcusable

The poor record was planned, the winless portion I’m sure was not.  

I think last year should give you a pretty good indication of what the issue was.  First 8 game so under Hue were just more trash, last 8 we looked downright scary at times.

Not sure what could have painted a clearer picture as to how much Hue’s incompetence impacted the previous two season.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The poor record was planned, the winless portion I’m sure was not.  

I think last year should give you a pretty good indication of what the issue was.  First 8 game so under Hue were just more trash, last 8 we looked downright scary at times.

Not sure what could have painted a clearer picture as to how much Hue’s incompetence impacted the previous two season.

Challenge accepted:

Dare I comment?

giphy.gif

Doesn't know the situation IN OVERTIME.

giphy.gif

Even the guy next to him is shuddering in the corner

CPDa.gif

No words

where_is_my_FLAG.0.gif

This one is somehow WORSE. It looks like my grandmother when she had dementia (I'm serious here) trying to find her keys (after we took them from her)

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I have nothing against Sashi but there is no way that you can say he had the football savvy to pull off a lot of the trades Dorsey did and also he has done 15 trades over the last 15 months. I've never heard of a team doing that many trades and turning over that many players in my life (maybe Jimmy Johnson when he 1st got to Dallas but I don't even think that was this many). Did he get us a lot of draft picks? Yes, absolutely. Would I have expected the results that Dorsey has gotten from those said pick? Absolutely not. Jmo but I don't think Brown was a great talent evaluator.