Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

45 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Sheesh dude no wonder you never made it into our beloved HOF, your meanness to @buno67 confirms you are his BIL. 

Speaking of BIL. Dude digs himself a whole deeper and deeper every week with how big of an A-hole he is. 

my SIL has been struggling to get pregnant. Her brother runs his mouth on how he doesn’t think his sister would make a very good mom and that she shouldn’t have kids. He Has gone on this rant/soap box twice already.  Well my SIL finds out she is pregnant. She tells him and all He says in response is “you’ll save a crap ton of money by not drinking your gin now”

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Speaking of BIL. Dude digs himself a whole deeper and deeper every week with how big of an A-hole he is. 

my SIL has been struggling to get pregnant. Her brother runs his mouth on how he doesn’t think his sister would make a very good mom and that she shouldn’t have kids. He Has gone on this rant/soap box twice already.  Well my SIL finds out she is pregnant. She tells him and all He says in response is “you’ll save a crap ton of money by not drinking your gin now”

He sounds like a delight.

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He sounds like a delight.

I have a theory that some people are the way that they are because they never got punched in the nose in their lifetime as a formative youth. A punch to the nose would have done most of us a lot of good and taught us a valuable life lesson before adolescence. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I have a theory that some people are the way that they are because they never got punched in the nose in their lifetime as a formative youth. A punch to the nose would have done most of us a lot of good and taught us a valuable life lesson before adolescence. 

Yep.

It’s also bad when people like this doosh aren’t immediately checked by friends and family when they do this stuff.  If my BIL was talking this crazy ish (not that he would, he’s a wonderful guy)  I’d let him know immediately that type of stuff isn’t cool.  If simply telling him to stop didn’t work, he simply wouldn’t be welcomed in my home.  If you insist on being an arse I can’t stop you, but I’m not going to be around that nonsense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.

It’s also bad when people like this doosh aren’t immediately checked by friends and family when they do this stuff.  If my BIL was talking this crazy ish (not that he would, he’s a wonderful guy)  I’d let him know immediately that type of stuff isn’t cool.  If simply telling him to stop didn’t work, he simply wouldn’t be welcomed in my home.  If you insist on being an arse I can’t stop you, but I’m not going to be around that nonsense.

Oh absolutely agree! My BIL (wife's brothers) are both awesome (I have 2 other BIL who married my sisters and one who married my wife's sister, also great guys) ever ran their mouths about my wife, I'd kindly tell them to stop and that she didn't appreciate it. If that didn't work, I'd say "She may be your sister, but she's MY WIFE." If that doesn't do the trick, they can kindly stay out of my house, or we can resolve it man to man via conversation...hopefully that works, but it doesn't really matter to me. I have no problem backing my wife by any means necessary.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

have a theory that some people are the way that they are because they never got punched in the nose in their lifetime as a formative youth. A punch to the nose would have done most of us a lot of good and taught us a valuable life lesson before adolescence. 

I strongly believe in your theory as well. He was spoiled as a kid. His two sisters were twins so they were always playing with each other and I believe he was spoiled because of that to make him feel better that he didn’t have anyone to play with IMO. Dude never played sports so he never got his *** beat or at least knocked down a peg or two by someone who was better than him. 

poor communication skills and just overall ppl skills. 

family just writes it off as ahole being ahole

luckily his fiancé is cool but stilL boggles my mind that they ended up together

Just now, buno67 said:

I strongly believe in your theory as well. He was spoiled as a kid. His two sisters were twins so they were always playing with each other and I believe he was spoiled because of that to make him feel better that he didn’t have anyone to play with IMO. Dude never played sports so he never got his *** beat or at least knocked down a peg or two by someone who was better than him. 

luckily his fiancé is cool but stilL boggles my mind that they ended up together

I hope I'm wrong, but if he treats his sister and every other female in his life like that, then I'm concerned about his fiance and their long term relationship viability. I'm serious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I mean, there’s still time. 😂 

Be the change you want to see in the world buno, take this dude down a peg or two.

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

Sheesh what a dipwad!

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I hope I'm wrong, but if he treats his sister and every other female in his life like that, then I'm concerned about his fiance and their long term relationship viability. I'm serious.

Oh I hope that relationship goes south after they are married and he is stuck paying her lots of money. 

part of me wants it to work and them have kids and I can just spoil them as an uncle. I know he would be pissed if his kids loved me. Just so he is forced to like me and it would just destroy him inside 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If he acts like this to anyone it’s not going to last long term.

I'll come full circle eventually, but allow me a bit of leeway:

My dad raised me to respect women and treat them right, and I'm forever thankful to him for that. I remember vividly, a few things:

1. Treat your girlfriend/date the way you'd want another guy to treat one of your little sisters, because she's someone's sister/daughter.

2. I made the mistake of sassing my mom in front of my dad when I was about 15-16. My dad backed me into a corner, got nose to nose, and firmly, calmly, and terrifyingly said "You listen here and you listen good. NO ONE...and I MEAN NO ONE, talks to MY WIFE that way...DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!!!!" (I think a "Yes sir! I'm so sorry mom, please forgive me" was promptly said)

3. Before I was allowed to date/take a girl out, my dad made me take my mom out on a date to demonstrate that I could speak to, treat, open doors, etc. a girl the way that I should and demonstrate maturity. It seemed embarrassing/hilarious to others, but it was valuable.

To be honest, I think a good many men out there could benefit from comparable experiences and learn the value of treating others, namely women.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, there’s still time. 😂 

Be the change you want to see in the world buno, take this dude down a peg or two.

Believe me I have had dreams about beating his *** but I try and be good guy for the wife. I think the last time I said a word to him was prolly 3yrs ago or so. I don’t talk to him. Family functions I pretend he isn’t around but enjoy talking to his fiancé tho

• Like 1