Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cops dismissing the killing of an unarmed woman in her own home and the subsequent response by the public is a little on the nose fellas.

I highly doubt when officers were getting a shot at from outside they were wondering what skin color of person was inside the house. 

This whole narrative is so backwards. 

Whether things were right or wrong, people need to really make a distinction between whether the mistakes were about race or about tactics. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I highly doubt when officers were getting a shot at from outside they were wondering what skin color of person was inside the house. 

Whether things were right or wrong, people need to really make a distinction between whether the mistakes were about race or about tactics. 

This is where I’m slightly at.

I don’t think cops go around killing people for fun.

HOWEVER, like most professions, some cops are really freaking bad at their job. Not malicious bad, but incompetent bad. The worst is how they handle mentally disabled people.

There needs to be a more thorough vetting of police procedures, policy, and training.

If a doctor or nurse accidentally kills somebody: They get investigated and probably lose their license. If a cop accidentally kills somebody, they get transferred.

25 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yes. The thing is... the bad tactics are being prosecuted.

40 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not making that argument at all.

My issue is the tactics.

16 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Yes. The thing is... the bad tactics are being prosecuted.

Where the dude shot at a wall, yes, the unarmed victim, no.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not making that argument at all.

My issue is the tactics.

Where the dude shot at a wall, yes, the unarmed victim, no.

Because it didn’t rise to a criminal level. Shooting blindly into a wall is different than shooting toward a muzzle flash.

It’s really just incredible how defensive you guys are being about a situation that clearly went poorly.

Like, the idea that some of the blame lands at the feet of the officers or protocols is inconceivable. “This is how it’s done” when an unarmed person was shot and killed in their own bed is seemingly an acceptable answer.

Just random, but I’m thinking about 2021. It’s going to be as bad as this year. 

However I read something that caught my eye. Poor people don't default at a higher rate in recessions, because they're always in a personal recession.

How bad is “actually bad” for us as a country? I mean we had a civil war and recovered.

What actually would cripple us as a country?

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

Because it didn’t rise to a criminal level. Shooting blindly into a wall is different than shooting toward a muzzle flash.

So where does one draw the line?  

I’d argue that shooting through a wall and hitting the wrong person 8 times is closer to shooting blindly than it is toward a muzzle flash.

Again, I don’t expect you to say “yep, the guy should be hung out to dry and charged with murder”, but the level at which some seem to have a complete lack of understanding as to why so many people are upset is baffling.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Just random, but I’m thinking about 2021. It’s going to be as bad as this year. 

However I read something that caught my eye. Poor people don't default at a higher rate in recessions, because they're always in a personal recession.

How bad is “actually bad” for us as a country? I mean we had a civil war and recovered.

What actually would cripple us as a country?

Economically speaking?

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d argue we’re there.

People can’t even agree on what the actual facts/problems are, let alone how to address them.

Could be worse in November/December considering the refusal to commit to a peaceful transferable power on air yesterday. That was a brutal 54 seconds.