Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

50 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If you want to get scared, look at how many of them control pension plans, 401K, and have ties to some pretty awful human beings worldwide as well. 

Like I said, many reasons I won’t go to Disney and if possible I buy American and support small businesses as opposed to chains.

These big companies are still reeling off record profits while we stand around begging for relief. And as long as Congress lines their pockets with insider trading (looking at you Koppel and Pelosi), nothing is going to change.

Get the money out of politics and see who really wants to serve the public imo 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t know how to interpret this in correct terms, but I was thinking about COVIDs impact.

Is it possible that it’s impact is keeping our economy from completely collapsing? As in, there is an INSANE demand for people to spend money after being pent up for so long.

This is just anecdotal evidence, but I’ve seen friends and coworkers taking 2-3 vacations this summer when they used to take maybe 1 or 2 at most. Then again, this only impacts the service economy.

I just paid 2.5k to stay in a Air BnB in Florida for 8 days on vacation. Got home and went to book airplane tickets to go to Los Angeles later this year for a wedding--- $850 round trip per person. Between the cost of a hotel for 3 days and airline tickets + other things in LA we need to spend money on, its going to cost me $3k+ just to attend a family members wedding.

Thats $1,600 in airline tickets just to go to LA. In perspective, it costed us $1,800 to go to international Aruba for our honeymoon right before the pandemic.

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I just paid 2.5k to stay in a Air BnB in Florida for 8 days on vacation. Got home and went to book airplane tickets to go to Los Angeles later this year for a wedding--- $850 round trip per person. Between the cost of a hotel for 3 days and airline tickets + other things in LA we need to spend money on, its going to cost me $3k+ just to attend a family members wedding.

Thats $1,600 in airline tickets just to go to LA. In perspective, it costed us $1,800 to go to international Aruba for our honeymoon right before the pandemic.

Airfare is stupid right now.  I hate flying to begin with, zero percent chance I’m paying those prices to do so.

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If you paid me $3000 to go to Los Angeles I would consider it. 
If you paid me $3000 to go to a wedding I would also consider it. 

Paying $3000 out of your own pocket to do both is out of the question.

It’s about my biggest fears bingo:

*Spending money

*Spending money on something I don’t want to do

*Going across country on a kid free weekend and not making it about a couples romance getaway 

*Getting stuck at a table making small talk with my wife’s extended family members

*Lingering at the wedding and going back to the hotel tired and having to compensate for the 3 hour time difference 

*Being in a big city with crowds

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It’s about my biggest fears bingo:

*Spending money

*Spending money on something I don’t want to do

*Going across country on a kid free weekend and not making it about a couples romance getaway 

*Getting stuck at a table making small talk with my wife’s extended family members

*Lingering at the wedding and going back to the hotel tired and having to compensate for the 3 hour time difference 

*Being in a big city with crowds

You’ve somehow managed to forget all of the joys of flying.  TSA checks, enough legroom and elbow room for a toddler for 4 straight hours, high likelihood of flight delays/cancellations/some sorts nonsense…

• Like 1

But yeah, I’d just be thinking of all the cool stuff I could be doing with 3k, the hours I had to work to accumulate it, the cool places I could be going instead…

Even just being able to go do my own thing in Southern California.  “Enjoy the wedding, I’m headed to King’s Canyon.  Meet you at the airport the day after tomorrow.  Have fun.”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@AkronsWitness maybe see if you can purchase a positive Covid test from someone before now and then.  Keep it with you until like right before the wedding and then commit.

”I just need some fresh air honey, I’ll be at the beach”

lmao good suggestion. The problem is I want to go. Ive never been to CA before and Denver is the furthest West Ive been. So Im struggling between wanting to go because how many more times will I get a chance to go to CA and make a 4-5 day trip out of it for 3k and having her just go by herself to save $$.

Im just trying to think of this as a vacation with a wedding I have to stop by in the middle lol

The worst cost of this is having to board the dog which costs like $400 for 5 days. So its $1,700 on airfare to fly freaking Spirit, $400 to board the dog, $600 for hotel for 5 nights and thats before we even spend a dollar doing anything. This could easily be closer to 3.5k by the end which is more money than what I paid to go to Florida for 9 days on actual vacation back in June.

fxlA.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2