Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So sorry.  We lost one of ours in December and it was honestly harder than I could have ever imagined.  Legit cried every day for a week, and I’m not a terribly emotional person.

Not trying to make this about me, just saying I understand what you mean about it being harder than you imagine.

I took it a lot harder than my wife cause I was a lot closer to him. I just felt bad that I couldn’t give him the proper send off. No last car ride, no last icecream cup, no last cheese burger, nothing…

now it’s just hard to move on. So much **** reminds me of him and it just gets me all worked up again. Taking my daughter to her day camp thing. Get the 2 youngest in the car and my oldest said something and I said we will leave in a minute but we gotta take Jasper out first and I just had to stand their for a second and realize that he is gone and I just started crying. Then later in the evening we went to get icecream and I always remember to get him his pup cup and when I placed the order for everyone, the lady asked me if that was it and that’s when I usually order one pup cup and I almost did but caught myself and told her that’s it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I took it a lot harder than my wife cause I was a lot closer to him. I just felt bad that I couldn’t give him the proper send off. No last car ride, no last icecream cup, no last cheese burger, nothing…

now it’s just hard to move on. So much **** reminds me of him and it just gets me all worked up again. Taking my daughter to her day camp thing. Get the 2 youngest in the car and my oldest said something and I said we will leave in a minute but we gotta take Jasper out first and I just had to stand their for a second and realize that he is gone and I just started crying. Then later in the evening we went to get icecream and I always remember to get him his pup cup and when I placed the order for everyone, the lady asked me if that was it and that’s when I usually order one pup cup and I almost did but caught myself and told her that’s it. 

It’s been said already, but literally the only thing that’s going to help you is adopting a new dog.

Just think of it as your buddy moving on so you can “save” another dogs life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Keep your head up Good Brother.....I'll keep you and the family in my prayers.

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yeah man, it’s not a good time.  Honestly it took a solid week for me to be able to have those moments and just be sad for a minute as opposed to getting emotional.  It’s just gonna take some time.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’s been said already, but literally the only thing that’s going to help you is adopting a new dog.

I’m gonna disagree here.  

Get another pet if you want another pet, but it’s not a replacement for actually going through the process of grieving.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just think of it as your buddy moving on so you can “save” another dogs life.

Yeah I’ll just take this opportunity to co-sign the idea of adopting.  Lots of great dogs in shelters and rescues looking for a home.  No reason to support the insane animal breeders we have here.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Really sorry to hear about this Buno 🙁. Never fun losing a pet. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

This bill would be amazing for Intel.

They need to hurry up with this already. Should have been done a year ago. The steel mill I work at has been having low orders lately because the automotive manufactures don’t have chips for their cars.