Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I will argue until the end of time that Browns fans defended and wanted Baker purely because of emotion. Fans liked how Baker made them “feel” and completely ignored his problems.

Emotion is why they wanted Manziel and emotion is why they defended Baker.

I don’t think that’s fair at all for Baker.

He had elite college production, was a winner, experienced, top shelf arm, etc.  The only knock was his height which is a fairly irrelevant thing for a QB.

Take his attitude/personality out of the equation and just evaluate him based on his achievements and attributes and he’s a top 10 pick in pretty much any draft.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think that’s fair at all for Baker.

He had elite college production, was a winner, experienced, top shelf arm, etc.  The only knock was his height which is a fairly irrelevant thing for a QB.

Take his attitude/personality out of the equation and just evaluate him based on his achievements and attributes and he’s a top 10 pick in pretty much any draft.

I had massive concerns with his inability to do well under pressure after watching him vs Georgia, as well as his inability to show he could play under center with a scheme that isn’t run at all in the NFL (shotgun 2 RB).

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I had massive concerns with his inability to do well under pressure after watching him vs Georgia, as well as his inability to show he could play under center with a scheme that isn’t run at all in the NFL (shotgun 2 RB).

I mean, the Georgia game was just that, one game.  Not too many prospects have a prospect career where you can’t pick out one game they didn’t play well.

Scheme is whatever.  Lots of colleges are running schemes that don’t translate.  

Im not saying those concerns aren’t/weren’t valid, just that any/every prospect will have SOME question marks. Baker was very solid QB prospect by almost any standard.  Not perfect, but definitely a reasonable pick based on merit and attributes and not just emotion and feels.

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, the Georgia game was just that, one game.  Not too many prospects have a prospect career where you can’t pick out one game they didn’t play well.

Same with OSU the year before and Iowa State. He played basically 4-5 good teams in 3 years and struggled against all but one.

Scheme is whatever.  Lots of colleges are running schemes that don’t translate.  

Agreed. For me it was a macro thing though. Being an old prospect who didn’t play in a translatable offense and who is undersized and who isn’t a plus athlete or better means the deck is stacked against him.

Im not saying those concerns aren’t/weren’t valid, just that any/every prospect will have SOME question marks. Baker was very solid QB prospect by almost any standard.  Not perfect, but definitely a reasonable pick based on merit and attributes and not just emotion and feels.

I think it was absolutely ludicrous to draft him #1 overall, but I think he was worth a mid first or so, and if he was 6’3 or a much better athlete I’d have had a different opinion.

21 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

That may be…

but it has been a straight dumpster fire for many years now…long before Covid

I mean, yeah, but he’s actively making it worse. It’s like he’s purposefully trying to make the platform worse.

Im also not gonna pretend to be unbiased.  I find him to be the most insufferable try hard on earth.  Dude spent 44B in an attempt to portray himself as some clever edge lord in a futile attempt to be liked.  

He’s like 50 something and a week or two wore an “I love Canada” shirt and placed his jacket in a manner that it looked like it said “I love anal”.

52 years old.

Better update you guys

A lady in Australia feed her in laws some death cap mushrooms, killing 4 or 5 of them. She didn't eat any herself. What a stroke of luck. 

A South African Lady killed 3 children, claimed insanity and got convicted lf murder. 

Women really stepping up there game with murder below the equator. 

I’ve been rooting for Twitter to fail since 2009. It’s a microcosm of people having hot takes and making those who have opposing  viewpoints the enemy as opposed to intelligent discourse by giving everyone some sort of online platform, many of whom shouldn’t have one because they’re morons, enhancing celebrity presence when we should be doing the opposite, and limiting character count which enhances the hot take nonsense, while contributing to the lack of attention span mindset.

Blow it all up it sucks.

• Like 1

Problem is, it’s like a weed. You could get rid of it but there will probably be another one that pops up as soon as you turn your head back around. Twitter was a disaster before. For political, social, and other reasons. It’s a disaster now but at least the corporation has been somewhat purged some deadweight employees. Downside again - if it totally goes under though - someone will just raise up another similar network with the same issues, just different name. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Messi has completely dominated MLS. Inter Miami was the worst team in the MLS and they’ve smoked everybody they’ve played.

It’s like Lebron playing in some Chinese league.

This is my first time watching soccer. I’m liking this run. Really shows you his greatness that he can win with the worst team in the league. Even if it’s a bum league. Is he coming to Columbus this year? I can’t figure out mls schedules.