Who should be shipped out next?

Humble_Beast

On 10/28/2018 at 6:40 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

I tend to agree with this. At least vs last year. Although Carr has also had a lot of plays where he has been skittish or bad under pressure too. Heck, he's had those even when there isn't pressure. The theme of this year for him was always to get back on track. My hope is that the end of the year, we see him being cooler under pressure and glimpses of 2016 kinds of plays. There has been a lot of good and bad. I don't understand why everyone makes it so black and white. Although I will admit a lot of the bad plays have been daggers which lose us the game. Probably why.

What perplexes me though is a lot of people use the "well we wont win soon anyway" excuse when saying trade Carr....but they aren't willing to even wait the rest of the season to see if he can improve before writing him off. I realize humans are prisoners of the moment by nature....but damn. And further, I'd be open to dealing the guy in the future depending on how things work out. I just think we need to see more.

It's a simple concept. Do you make him the highest paid qb again, if you dont think the roster will be ready for him to perform when it's time. Gruden has basically preached that this roster is trash and need a complete overhaul. I have no problem keeping carr and paying him again if roster is good enough for him to play like an elite QB in 2 or 3 years. If this a 4 or 5 year project than yeah it needs to be discussed. 

After the season Irvin, Penn, and Jackson will probably be gone.  Jackson is young, but really isn’t as good as his salary.  Unless we get rid of cable I just don’t see him sticking around(could be a trade option).  Roberts should have been cut awhile ago so hopefully this is the offseason it actually happens.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Man what happened to Gabe Jackson. I don’t know the amount of sacks he has given up or pressures but he has played bad this year. Have to wonder if he sticks around where he has a contact that can be moved or even cut without any dead money. 

Gabe Jackson pulled the ol Albert Haynesworth.

Can we please get rid of Townsend too?  I know punter seems like moot point, but I have never seen a worse kicker.  My 9 y/o daughter has a better boot.  Dear Gruden, take your lickings for wasting a 5th rounder and pick up someone off the street.  

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Gabe Jackson pulled the ol Albert Haynesworth.

I keep saying that the problem is the O-line coach, but watching Jackson, he has been really, really bad.  Sucks to admit, because we have holes literally EVERYWHERE, but I think he needs to go too.  Good thing is this seems like a really great year for interior O-line men.  That full Wisconsin O-line alone could compete with most of the top NFL offensive lines.

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

I keep saying that the problem is the O-line coach, but watching Jackson, he has been really, really bad.  Sucks to admit, because we have holes literally EVERYWHERE, but I think he needs to go too.  Good thing is this seems like a really great year for interior O-line men.  That full Wisconsin O-line alone could compete with most of the top NFL offensive lines.

Both Guards look fat and slow

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Man what happened to Gabe Jackson. I don’t know the amount of sacks he has given up or pressures but he has played bad this year. Have to wonder if he sticks around where he has a contact that can be moved or even cut without any dead money. 

Traditionally, giant maulers with limited athleticism are gonna be terrible in a ZBS. He's a purebred mauler built for a PBS, plain and simple.

Its sad looking at how much has already been wasted. Bryant for a 3rd, McCarron for a 5th, a 5th on Townsend, a 3rd on Parker, the value we got for Mack...so much in wasted assets in less than a year.

• 1 month later...

my updated cut list:

would be at 80M before these cuts

• Donald Penn 8.3M
  • Seth Roberts 4.3M
  • Keith Smith    1.5M could draft a better FB in the 7th round
  • Jordy Nelson 7.2M
  • Dereck Carrier 1.7M could draft a better receiving TE on 3rd day of draft
  • Andrew Depaola 900k  found a young replacement

would give us 100M in cap space.....

6 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Osemele has been alot better than Jackson plus he's had a bum knee all year. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for one down year given his career of dominance.

Thank you. Was wondering if someone would point out the obvious here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 11:38 AM, Humble_Beast said:

my updated cut list:

would be at 80M before these cuts

• Donald Penn 8.3M
  • Seth Roberts 4.3M
  • Keith Smith    1.5M could draft a better FB in the 7th round
  • Jordy Nelson 7.2M
  • Dereck Carrier 1.7M could draft a better receiving TE on 3rd day of draft
  • Andrew Depaola 900k  found a young replacement

would give us 100M in cap space.....

Jordy finishing the season strong....