Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

4 minutes ago, RamRod said:

The Rams only realistic offer for Fowler would be a late third round pick. Seems like the Jaguars want more and the Rams can’t offer their second because it belongs to the Chiefs from the Peters trade. So a trade probably won’t happen.

And Fowler's out of contract after this year with the Jags not having exercised his 5th year option.  It would be a stupid trade to make to begin with for a guy who hasn't been able to crack the starting lineup this season.

28 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

In all fairness, he’d be going to an even better DL in LA. You have to imagine he’d feast playing next to Donald and Suh, even if the coverage isn’t quite Ramsey-Bouye level.

Except he wouldn't, because his handwork is still poor.  And this isn't Madden; Wade isn't sending everyone all the time.

I swear (and I'm not trying to be a Richard here, but it just gets frustrating), people act like there's one type of 3-4 and they all operate the same way.  They don't.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Bidding war makes crazy things happen, especially for a highly valued position.

What bidding war?  By all accounts, the Rams have sniffed at some pass-rushers but aren't remotely willing to mortgage the future for one.

Fowler is, by all accounts a bust, with no contract security past this season - and little likelihood of returning even a decent comp pick if used as a rental.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

What bidding war?  By all accounts, the Rams have sniffed at some pass-rushers but aren't remotely willing to mortgage the future for one.

Fowler is, by all accounts a bust, with no contract security past this season - and little likelihood of returning even a decent comp pick if used as a rental.

What bidding war? Look at Tom Pelissero's tweet. We've been getting a lot of calls for Fowler. I'm sure there's more teams than just the Rams talking to us. There was a ton of speculation that the Jets really wanted Fowler prior to the season.

I think you are very wrong on the last little bit. He'll get a decent bit on the FA market I'd say due to age, upside, and questions what he may be able to do on a DL where he gets full-time snaps (he's behind Yann and Campbell right now, there was zero way he was passing either on the depth chart this year or last year).

4 minutes ago, RamRod said:

@El ramster brought up in the Rams forum them trading for Lorenzo Alexander. I’d be down for that. Bills are rebuilding and a vet like him isn’t in their long term plans. Could only take like a 6th rounder.

That would be robbery.  I would say a 4th at least, that dude is someone you want on defense.

EDIT:  Just saw how old he is.  Still I wouldn't trade him away for a 6th round pick.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Except he wouldn't, because his handwork is still poor.  And this isn't Madden; Wade isn't sending everyone all the time.

I swear (and I'm not trying to be a Richard here, but it just gets frustrating), people act like there's one type of 3-4 and they all operate the same way.  They don't.

That’s odd, I haven’t seen anyone in this thread make those types of assumptions. Maybe I’m just behind on the Fowler hot takes.

And I was responding to a post saying that Fowler’s lone claim as a good pass rusher came when he was surrounded by talent - a situation he’d find himself in in LA, minus the lockdown coverage on the outside but with more talent on the DL.

Archived