Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lot of smoke around Dante Fowler and the Rams right now...

From what I had heard, Jags were getting a ton of calls on Fowler. I thought I saw that tweeted somewhere. The asking price was hefty I thought. 

I don't understand the love affair people have with Fowler. He's got some major issues, and honestly, I'm not sure that he's good yet. A one off 8.5 sack season as a part time player on one of the most stacked defenses (particularly with regards to the pass rush) we have seen in recent memory just isn't enough to convince me that he could actually be someone rushes the passer well, consistently. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

From what I had heard, Jags were getting a ton of calls on Fowler. I thought I saw that tweeted somewhere. The asking price was hefty I thought. 

I don't understand the love affair people have with Fowler. He's got some major issues, and honestly, I'm not sure that he's good yet. A one off 8.5 sack season as a part time player on one of the most stacked defenses (particularly with regards to the pass rush) we have seen in recent memory just isn't enough to convince me that he could actually be someone rushes the passer well, consistently. 

He's made a lot of strides. You're definitely banking on some further development though.

I expect we're looking for a 2nd or 3rd. Would be relatively surprised if we dealt him for less, especially given the dire need for pass rushers by a lot of teams.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

In all fairness, he’d be going to an even better DL in LA. You have to imagine he’d feast playing next to Donald and Suh, even if the coverage isn’t quite Ramsey-Bouye level.

3 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

They should have tried to trade him to the Jets for Bridgewater 

We had multiple opportunities to get Teddy, including FA. If we wanted him, we would have gotten him then.

Would have been dumb to pass on him then and than all of the sudden trade a young solid pass rusher straight up for him.

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

In all fairness, he’d be going to an even better DL in LA. You have to imagine he’d feast playing next to Donald and Suh, even if the coverage isn’t quite Ramsey-Bouye level.

Yeah, I'm down for that deal from the Rams perspective, but just more or less commenting on the random love he gets regardless of situation. Like Buzz said, it's sort of incomplete right now. Don't love his head, either. 

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He's made a lot of strides. You're definitely banking on some further development though.

I expect we're looking for a 2nd or 3rd. Would be relatively surprised if we dealt him for less, especially given the dire need for pass rushers by a lot of teams.

So trading a second or third for a guy that in your words is banking on future development yet he’s a free agent after this season? Sorry that doesn’t sound like a second or third round trade target.

That said we did something similar with Watkins last year. I’m just not that interested in Fowler I guess.

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

So trading a second or third for a guy that in your words is banking on future development yet he’s a free agent after this season? Sorry that doesn’t sound like a second or third round trade target.

That said we did something similar with Watkins last year. I’m just not that interested in Fowler I guess.

I mean, it's not like Fowler isn't a solid young pass rusher right now. I notice him quite often every week, but he also is getting limited snaps due to having a loaded unit with guys like Ngakoue, Campbell, etc. that play a lot on the edge. 

He's most definitely worth a 3rd round pick, and I think a 2nd is reasonable. The man is going to get paid on the market due to the flashes on tape and ultimately his possible upside with further development/more playing time. He will likely get whoever he is playing for a decent comp pick. Hence why if we don't get offered a 2nd or 3rd, you may as well keep him the rest of the year and take that production/hope you can turn it around and take a comp pick that has a chance to be close to that 3rd that you're looking for right now in 2020.

There are Rams fans on Twitter right now beside themselves that the team isn't prostrating themselves to bring in Dante Fowler or Shane Ray.

Granted, these same fans don't seem to understand that with the way Wade is currently deploying his scheme, Matt Longacre (who they love to decry because he has no sacks... but is averaging 9 tackles per game the last several games) is a containment-first, penetration-second assignment player.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

There are Rams fans on Twitter right now beside themselves that the team isn't prostrating themselves to bring in Dante Fowler or Shane Ray.

Granted, these same fans don't seem to understand that with the way Wade is currently deploying his scheme, Matt Longacre (who they love to decry because he has no sacks... but is averaging 9 tackles per game the last several games) is a containment-first, penetration-second assignment player.

I do think Fowler would have a good impact on that Rams defense to be fair.

Honestly I'd like him to stay in Jacksonville. But with our cap situation and his market most likely, it's very unlikely I'd say. I'd rather just get immediate compensation and if we are in the QB market come draft time we have some added ammo to move up if we need to.

The Rams only realistic offer for Fowler would be a late third round pick. Seems like the Jaguars want more and the Rams can’t offer their second because it belongs to the Chiefs from the Peters trade. So a trade probably won’t happen.

Archived