Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Might be right but it's certainly not going to hurt them imo.

Again, that's debatable.  If it takes reps away from a more dependable tackler/defender because Fowler's athleticism is "flashier," it hurts the team.  If that 3rd ends up being the difference between having to sit tight in the 1st next draft and being able to move up several picks to jump another team targeting an edge-rusher that would actually provide this team 5+ years of starting capability.  It hurts this team.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yep, sounds like multiple teams in on Fowler.

You can keep trying to spin it however you want.  Your words were "bidding war."  Nothing you've provided supports "bidding war."  Congratulations, you guys got Les to overpay.  But I wouldn't be thumping my chest for some kind of street cred they way you appear to be trying to.

Just now, The LBC said:

You can keep trying to spin it however you want.  Your words were "bidding war."  Nothing you've provided supports "bidding war."  Congratulations, you guys got Les to overpay.  But I wouldn't be thumping my chest for some kind of street cred they way you appear to be trying to.

So you want to talk semantics? There was multiple teams on the phone likely bidding against each other to get Fowler. You said that we wouldn't get that/why would any team ever think to do so, and I said due to position scarcity on the market+position value, along with Fowler being a young, solid rotational pass rusher that still has upside.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

So you want to talk semantics? There was multiple teams on the phone likely bidding against each other to get Fowler. You said that we wouldn't get that/why would any team ever think to do so, and I said due to position scarcity on the market+position value, along with Fowler being a young, solid rotational pass rusher that still has upside.

I'm not even trying to pump my chest, but when you say what I stated was crazy and that no team in their right mind would give anything for some massive bust of a guy in Fowler and it happens, I'm going to say something. 

I never said he was great. I never said that a 3rd is fair/reasonable. All I said is due to Fowler being a young edge and the best on the market with multiple teams needing help and Fowler having decent previous production, it would make sense that they get more than his actual worth. They did indeed.

6 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Rams corresponding move after the trade for Fowler. Surprising. Former third round pick. Started all of last year. Got suspended this year and lost the job to Austin Blythe. I feel like other teams will have interest.

GO GET 'EM GAINE! GO GET 'EM!

Archived